LWS, 6

FP, 5

Spem, 4

Crusader, 2

Trisha, 1

Edited by Byzantine

Christina Thérèse, on 27 Jul 2013 - 5:00 PM, said:snapback.png

A few comments for the bean counting service:

1) 365 books read. Excellent. I like it when numbers show up like that....

2) I don't think you added in the page count for The Two Towers.... It was 338 pages.

3) I like how you added LOTH to my "in progress" list. If I'm not regular every day does it still count? I'm trying, but I fluctuate in regularity at times.

That sounds reasonable to me. It requires the honor system, but the whole competition is on the honor system anyway and we should be able to trust each other reasonably.

Bumping this, since I asked a question in point #3 and I guess you missed it.

Done with LOTR!!!

The Return of the King, 293 pages

And now... I don't know what book is next. The Butter Battle Book is waiting, by Dr. Seuss, I'm probably going to grab something in Spanish, I have a book on St. Therese (Conversations with Therese of Lisieux) that I've started, I still have that library book (The Catholic Mystique), I should read Christy....

Bumping this, since I asked a question in point #3 and I guess you missed it.

I didn't forget it, Christina Therese... been thinking about #3.

The relevant section for you is....

In Progress: 

Morning, Evening & Office of Readings

from LOTH for the summer

(approx 700 pages)

Night Prayer from LOTH for the summer

(approx 200 pages)

I'm glad you liked my adding LOTH in there.  There are people who want it in there, and people who don't.  Your choice!  If anyone else wants it added, just let me know.....

I also try to get it in and do most of the time, but I also fluctuate in regularity.  (This has been true for... about 40 years now, btw....).   After all that time, I am aiming for a regular habit (done most days) rather than 'perfection'  -- because it is abount connecting with God and praying for the Church more than it is about AnneLine having perfect attendance.  I've had to face that reality is that there are just days it doesn't happen, no matter how hard I try...... 

This is how I would call it -- but you have to decide for yourself.  If MOST of the time you're getting to it, I'd count it.... if you get there about 1/2 time, count a 'half a serving'... or whatever the proportion is.  If you decide you don't want to get that public, you can always just not 'do' that part of the reading, right?  Then it is just a checklist reminder for yourself... kind of an examen point.   I've got it on my list as a reminder that I want to work at getting more faithfully.... we can pray for each other on this one.....

And I'm about 1/3 of the way through Christy, and I am enjoying re-acquainting myself with all the people in there that I enjoyed when I read it before..... sometimes I really like re-reading books.....

Chrysophylax

I finished more books! (Although my stack of books to read is not deminishing, because everytime I go to the library I bring home more books than I returned!)

Without Fail    by Lee Child (549 pgs) Pretty good! I'm looking forward to reading the first one in the series.
Unlocking the Spell     by E. D. Baker (261 pgs) This book was amazing! Another winning fairy tale!

Cartermia, 164

Chrysophylax, 48

Catholicterp, 43

Byz, 23

Arfink, 13

AnneLine, 12

Ardil, 10

BG45, 9

Doc Bomb, 8

LT, 8

Ampax, 7

Christina T, 7

Ploomf, 6

LWS, 6

FP, 5

Spem, 4

Crusader, 2

Trisha, 1

Cartermia, 164

Chrysophylax, 48

Catholicterp, 45

Byz, 23

Arfink, 13

AnneLine, 12

Ardil, 10

BG45, 9

Doc Bomb, 8

LT, 8

Ampax, 7

Christina T, 7

Ploomf, 6

LWS, 6

FP, 5

Spem, 4

Crusader, 2

Trisha, 1

ChristinaTherese

I didn't forget it, Christina Therese... been thinking about #3.

The relevant section for you is....

In Progress:
from LOTH for the summer
(approx 700 pages)
Night Prayer from LOTH for the summer
(approx 200 pages)

I'm glad you liked my adding LOTH in there. There are people who want it in there, and people who don't. Your choice! If anyone else wants it added, just let me know.....

I also try to get it in and do most of the time, but I also fluctuate in regularity. (This has been true for... about 40 years now, btw....). After all that time, I am aiming for a regular habit (done most days) rather than 'perfection' -- because it is abount connecting with God and praying for the Church more than it is about AnneLine having perfect attendance. I've had to face that reality is that there are just days it doesn't happen, no matter how hard I try......

This is how I would call it -- but you have to decide for yourself. If MOST of the time you're getting to it, I'd count it.... if you get there about 1/2 time, count a 'half a serving'... or whatever the proportion is. If you decide you don't want to get that public, you can always just not 'do' that part of the reading, right? Then it is just a checklist reminder for yourself... kind of an examen point. I've got it on my list as a reminder that I want to work at getting more faithfully.... we can pray for each other on this one.....

And I'm about 1/3 of the way through Christy, and I am enjoying re-acquainting myself with all the people in there that I enjoyed when I read it before..... sometimes I really like re-reading books.....

Let's not count Night Prayer and call it good.

Books I've finished:
Ella Enchanted, 230 pages
A Mango-Shaped Space, 218 pages
The Butter Battle Book, 42 pages

Also, I just started Christy today.

Spem in alium

Just finished - Finding God in All Things: A Companion to the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius (144 pages). AMAZING!

Currently reading - Joan of Arc: Maid, Myth and History.

Chrysophylax

I just finished The Desert Hawks by Jim Walker (336 pgs). It was fairly good, but only if you have read the others in the series.

Lots of good reading getting done!!!!!

I've been super-busy, but I'm over half way through Christy!!!!!   And still working on the others!

I'm going to plan to update page number counts today (Monday) so try to get your page updates in if you want them counted this round.... starting to head toward the finish line.... 

Christina Therese said:   "Let's not count Night Prayer and call it good."

Noted; so I gather I leave IN

from LOTH for the summer

(approx 700 pages)

I'm not going to take those page counts until the last week, CT, so you still have time to adjust your sights if something comes up... but GOOD FOR YOU to be praying for all of us!!!!

Finished Ecclesiastes.

Cartermia, 164

Chrysophylax, 49

Catholicterp, 45

Byz, 24

Arfink, 13

AnneLine, 12

Ardil, 10

Christina T, 10

BG45, 9

Doc Bomb, 8

LT, 8

Ampax, 7

LWS, 7

Ploomf, 6

FP, 5

Spem, 5

Crusader, 2

Trisha, 1

Chrysophylax

I read these two last night! The Awakening  (264 pgs) & The Gathering (279 pgs) both by Michael Carrol. They were amazing! I'm almost done with the third book too, but I'll post that one when I actually finish.

And today I also read Wings; A Fairy Tale by E. D. Baker (307 pgs) And it was also really good! However, it is definitely targeted at a young, female audience.

HOW do you get all that read, Chrys?  If we put a pedometer on you, would you move at all?  Or only your eyes and fingers?

:bible: