An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summer Reading Competition

Byzantine

Just a reminder... if you are a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place finisher, you need to connect with me about getting a book....

And if you are an honorable mention person, same comment about some soap (or something else from the Summit Nuns' website....)

AND 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place finishers get to suggest a PROMINENT thing to go on the Summer Reading Art Project thread....

Honorable Mention people are GUARANTEED two things on the art project....

AND....

ANYONE can recommend things to go on the art project through this Friday!!!!!!!   

What did YOU read this summer????

• 3 weeks later...
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Started reading a book.  For real this time.  And it's not a gaming instruction booklet really.  

That's irritating!  Phatmass just ate a post!!!

Good for you, CCC!!!!

And... I'm going to be doing the ordering for the prizes next Saturday, so if you haven't already let me know by PM what you want, and you are a prize winner... you snooze, you lose!

Just a reminder... if you are a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place finisher, you need to connect with me about getting a book....

And if you are an honorable mention person, same comment about some soap (or something else from the Summit Nuns' website....)

Here's a link to their webstore -- and the money helps pay for the nuns' insurance, so everyone wins (and their stuff is incredible--men and women love it!)  (Be sure to look under all the categories... some of the classifications are odd.  I love the vanilla soap, and they have it hidden under 'gent's scents' - go figure?

http://summitdominicans.3dcartstores.com/

Summer Reading Competition prizes have been ordered... and should be arriving in AnneLine Land next week!   Will be sending off to those who have provided addresses... and will post details of what people got (but not addresses!) after they have been sent!

Ardil & Byz... you still haven't responded.... can't send anything unless you let me know....?

A couple of people have asked me to make small donations instead of a gift, so you can PM me with that if desired....

• 4 weeks later...

I bet you all thought I had forgotten you!    Not true!!!

There were some complications with getting the prizes assembled (now resolved!) and I needed to wait for a few contact addresses (mostly resolved) so I am happy to announce the following items to be going out this week!

1st Place…….………Cartermia

• Cartermia requested that a donation be made in her name rather than receiving a book.  Because of her love of the Regina Laudis Benedictine nuns, a small donation is being made to their building fund in her honor.   ("New Horizons" campaign)  

http://abbeyofreginalaudis.org/index.html

You can read more about this through this link -- nice that they dedicated the first stage of the building work during our reading competition!

http://abbeyofreginalaudis.org/new-horizons.html

•  
  • 2nd  Place ……......... DeusTeAmat

• DeusTeAmat requested that a donation be made in her name rather than receiving a book.  She requested we send it to Phatmass, and because AnneLine is hopeless with Paypal, I am sending it to dUSt via ARFink.  Use it well, dUSt!

3rd Place ……........... Chrysophlax

• Chrysophlax is receiving a copy of the book, Brother Petroc's Return and a bar of Summit Nun Soap! (2 prizes)   Enjoy!

Here's a peak into that excellent book.....

http://summitdominicans.3dcartstores.com/Brother-Petrocs-Return_p_136.html

Honorable Mention… Over 5,000 Pages read and/or over 50 books read:

Catholicterp7

• Catholicterp7 is receiving hand cream and lip balm from the Summit Nuns (2 prizes)!   Enjoy!

BG45

• BG45 is receiving a bar of Summit Nun Soap!   Enjoy!

Ardillacid

• Ardill, you did not provide an address so we can't send out your prize!  If you PM me, I will be happy to send your prize!

there are prizes? I like Guinness...

Yes, there ARE prizes... and you WON ONE!!!!!   (worth about $5, but still... it's phun....)

Hmmmm.... well... maybe some Chimay....   but I don't think they'll let me send it thru the mails, Ardill....

overlay-fromage-a-la-bleue-v04.jpg?ID=88

Edited by AnneLine

Ardill...... tried to PM you but you aren't accepting msgs....

Been thinking about your prize winnings, and hm.... well... I guess there's no reason we can't have you select something else besides soap.... but it would have to be in the $5 to $10 range.... and sadly, I don't think I can send you any beer.  :(

Here's a catalog we could have you select from... there IS monastery beer available... and chocolate, and a lot of other good stuff.

http://www.monasterygreetings.com

However.... better you choose something other than the ale....otherwise we might tempt Cartermia to want something I can't send her next year.   You can, of course, order some on your own ... Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is pretty good stuff, and it is bottled by the same people as the Ovila Dubbel Abbey Ale !  Would be curious to know what you think of it if you DO order any!

Let me know if any of the OTHER things on that site  would tempt you.....

If so... then you have to PM me an address and a name so I can send it to you!

Did the rest of you see yesterday's update? 

Just want to be sure everyone knows the prizes are on the mooooove!  (or at least will be by end of the week... have to take them to the post office as can't just drop packages into the mail any more....

Edited by AnneLine