An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 4: Musings & Revelations

MissyP89

Picture is SO cool. ^_^

Yeah, Katie and I have to look into starting NFP pretty soon here also. And yeah, planning a wedding. So crazy. Even though it's gonna be 7 long months until the actual thing, it feels like we get 2 weeks. Because we actually only get another 2 weeks of together-in-person time before the wedding happens. O_o

You hush with your seven months. :P My name is Melissa, I'm a hater, and I'm gonna hate. :P

Seriously pumped for you, though.

Speaking of, I think there needs to be an updated engaged couples list. Seems like we're going through another season of it.

It was updated.  People just don't check it.   You'd think they were engaged or something.   :P  (All joking aside, please for the love of all that is good tell me.  I really tried hard in October to bring the list back up to date on engaged PMers.)

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/79028-phatcouples/

Good to hear everything's mostly going well though.  It sounds like things are going pretty awesome overall, and that you're handling the negative with grace and dignity.

You missed TJTM, but I'm not sure she's posting about her wedding here.

Tony and Katie are 8/15/14.

Peyton and Nick are Dec. 2014, I forget when. 

Me and B are 5/2/15.

Go see. They will probably make jokes about being from the real Indiana University.

In other news, I'm learning to cross-stitch and re-reading The Ragamuffin Gospel for the second time. Not exactly Catholic friendly -- the author is a former Franciscan priest -- but its message is badly needed for the scrupulous, those that think God is keeping score, and those that feel there's no way God could love them in their failure. This place would probably want to burn it, but I'm sure there are folks that would benefit.

Went to the state's first ever young adult conference up north on Saturday. It was a good first effort by the dioceses to recognize us 20somethings. Lots of music, adoration, a choice of several talks and a workshop with all our bishops. I attended the talk by the Bishop of Newark. What a funny guy!

Is the trophy for reading questionable books, Annie? ;)

The last time I went to see the deacon's wife, I told her I think I finally shed my legalism. She cheered like she won a football game. It was HILARIOUS. 

Go see. They will probably make jokes about being from the real Indiana University.

In other news, I'm learning to cross-stitch and re-reading The Ragamuffin Gospel for the second time. Not exactly Catholic friendly -- the author is a former Franciscan priest -- but its message is badly needed for the scrupulous, those that think God is keeping score, and those that feel there's no way God could love them in their failure. This place would probably want to burn it, but I'm sure there are folks that would benefit.

Went to the state's first ever young adult conference up north on Saturday. It was a good first effort by the dioceses to recognize us 20somethings. Lots of music, adoration, a choice of several talks and a workshop with all our bishops. 

--------------------------

:winner:

--------------------------

I attended the talk by the Bishop of Newark. What a funny guy!

Is the trophy for reading questionable books, Annie? ;)

Talk about 'blatently misquote the person above you!!!!!!   ;) indeed!!!!!

The last time I went to see the deacon's wife, I told her I think I finally shed my legalism. She cheered like she won a football game. It was HILARIOUS. 

:cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

Edited by AnneLine

All signed up for pre-Cana on Valentine's weekend. It's at a different parish but I know the priest from a few talks he gave at Newman. He's awesome. Hoping he'll be the one hearing confessions, because he's young and we get along well. :)

It's from 8:30 to 6. Phew! That's gonna be a long day.

Lots of irons in the fire right now:

Rheumatoid arthritis story and an interview with a parent coach for my magazine, a story about GI issues in children and another about cerebral palsy for our sister paper. I got to interview the doctor that worked with me all through my childhood today. It's been 3 years since we've talked. He also gave me information about where to get a new walker. My current ride is over 10 years old. It's time. LOL

Looks like we're starting NFP classes the week after Easter. The virtual class options were kind of stupid -- only one of us gets the materials and I would have to mail my charts in. Couple that with people always walking through here/talking to me/the phone ringing and the potential for computer issues, it just seems easier to have B come home during the week for those 3 months, I hate the idea of him missing time in the lab, but he likes to remind me in the grand scheme he can take as long as he needs on his thesis and his advisor acts like everyone's dad.

Totally stoked for the Olympics ... fingers also crossed that I'm able to go to Confession/Mass and meet up with my senior year roomie on Saturday. We've gotten what seems like nonstop snow this winter, and it keeps messing with my plans. Thankfully, yesterday's storm and tomorrow's are both rain-based, though a half an hour north will be all ice. Yikes!

Is it spring yet? 

Pre-Cana really couldn't have come at a better time for us. Please pray.

Is engagement really supposed to make us sweat and stretch and struggle this much? Some days I worry, and other days I feel like this is phenomenal prep for the real thing.