An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Glaring Misogyny In The Bible?

Medic

considering the only thing you have contributed to this discussion are insults, and a "yep"......  does it tickle your naughty bits to be a smug turd?

It tickles our naughty bits when you buy a ticket on the raeg train.

Something tells me that

this person and

this person are in fact the same person.

actually no we aren't. but keep on making baseless accusations

PhuturePriest

I gave examples....either you are too stubborn to actually admit it has validity.....or you don't have the mental capacity to understand simple concepts....I don't care either way....I'm done with you.

How arguing a point works:

Bring out the verse you are specifically referring to in Timothy. Point out specific words that you think make the verse misogynistic. It's not really rocket science. Your evasiveness simply reaffirms our belief that you are a troll who likely has two accounts (Something which is against the rules, by the way).

Isn't it interesting how you need to translate or twist the meanings of verses in the bible to suit your argument. It's plain English to me.

You're aware the OT is Jewish literature, right?

PhuturePriest

actually no we aren't. but keep on making baseless accusations

So it's mere coincidence that two atheists made accounts on this precise day and have commented on no other thread but this one?

I gave examples of the treatment of women in the bible....if you are stating that those examples aren't in the bible then you have never read the bible....

Edited by Medic

So it's mere coincidence that two atheists made accounts on this precise day and have commented on no other thread but this one?

I guess it is, but Im not Quinn...

PhuturePriest

I gave examples of the treatment of women in the bible....if you are stating that those examples aren't in the bible then you have never read the bible....

I never said they weren't in the Bible. I said to put the quotes in your post and point out specifically why you think they are sexist. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out, my posts are plain English.

KnightofChrist

When you get to high school, you should take a debate course and learn how to actually form an argument with evidence and not just state premises as if they were evidence.

so you admit they are in the bible but still want me to type out all the chapter and verses? what is the point of that? just to take up time?  gimme a break.

if you admit those examples are in the bible then requiring me to type out line after line is superfluous...its a stall tactic and quite frankly should be beneath you...

if you admit those examples are in the bible then requiring me to type out line after line is superfluous...its a stall tactic and quite frankly should be beneath you...

I can do this all day, sweetie.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+cut+and+paste&oq=how+to+cut+and+paste&aqs=chrome.0.69i57j0j5j0.3893j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8