An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Glaring Misogyny In The Bible?

Medic

Bah, the blatant willful ignorance is stifling here...doesn't surprise me though. anyways, I have other matters to attend to.....and the catholic church has enough problems with their priests raping little boys....

They are just asking you to formulate an argument based on one bible quote. I've provided you the means to cut and paste rather than typing out the verse you undoubtedly saw on a "CHRISTIANSBADHATEWOMEN" site by giving you a link showing you how to do that.

You're mad that no one is raging over your all too common objections, and if someone did provide a different objection, you would just accuse them of denial. Do you really think you're novel?

KnightofChrist

Of course you will, I gave examples of the treatment of women in the bible to support the premise, but you chose to ignore them.....

I didn't ignore your premises, I simply asked for sound arguments to back them up, you didn't. Heck I even helped make an argument for you in your favor. Still you offer nothing but premises. Edited by KnightofChrist

*facepalm*

Well? 

But seriously, it's not that hard to look at the different "difficult" passages of the Bible, and reach the conclusion that Medic has.  A charitable response, in my opinion, is to say "I could see how you've reached your conclusions, here are mine" and talk about it.  

OR

You could react antagonistically, impatiently respond "NAOOO U STUPID!!!!", and then let the thread descend into anarchy (no offense Winnie :like: ).  

Your choice.  

taking women as spoils or war? a man that rapes a woman can force her to marry him? men with their many concubines and killing them when they become bored of their company?  those aren't adequate examples?

taking women as spoils or war? a man that rapes a woman can force her to marry him? men with their many concubines and killing them when they become bored of their company?  those aren't adequate examples?

There was also enslavement and murder of men. You're being unclear. I suspect you just want people to get all defensive. This is sloppy.

At least you know enough to not respond directly to me, though. Points on picking smaller hills to take.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 and Deuteronomy 21:10-11....since you aren't going to be happy until you get the actual verse....

There was also enslavement and murder of men. You're being unclear. I suspect you just want people to get all defensive. This is sloppy.

At least you know enough to not respond directly to me, though. Points on picking smaller hills to take.

Like I'm supposed to be intimidated by you? heh.....good one

Edited by Medic

Like I'm supposed to be intimidated by you? heh.....good one

It's just an observation of reality. It's a compliment.

I would respond to you if you have something worthwhile to address....sadly you haven't came up with anything...it's why I ignored you earlier. but now you have my attention sweet cakes....what do you want to talk about?

KnightofChrist

Well? 

But seriously, it's not that hard to look at the different "difficult" passages of the Bible, and reach the conclusion that Medic has.  A charitable response, in my opinion, is to say "I could see how you've reached your conclusions, here are mine" and talk about it.

Having this kind of fun with trolls isn't uncharitable. Medic has provided a typical shotgun "argument" of the internet, based solely on premise. I can't answer his conclusions if he doesn't really offer any himself. Shooting a shotgun shell of premises, and refusing to offer proof for them is not something that deserves a serious response.

Having this kind of fun with trolls isn't uncharitable. Medic has provided a typical shotgun "argument" of the internet, based solely on premise. I can't answer his conclusions if he doesn't really offer any himself. Shooting a shotgun shell of premises, and refusing to offer proof for them is not something that deserves a serious response.

you got your precious bible passages I just posted...going to ignore those too?

KnightofChrist

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 and Deuteronomy 21:10-11....since you aren't going to be happy until you get the actual verse....

Ok, again how do you argue that these passage teach hatred of women?

KnightofChrist

Chapter 4, paragraph C of The Origin of Species is sexist. But I'm not going to give the actual quote so you know what it says, and I'm not going to show you which line and verse is specifically sexist and explain why it is, as you can simply look it up yourself.

Funny, exactly what he is doing.

do you think raping a woman is a good thing? and then forcing her to marry you?  does that sound like someone who loves women?   do you think taking young girls as spoils of war is an act of kindness.....if so your moral compass is all f'd up.