An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do Believers Come To Terms With The Glaring Misogyny In The Bible?

Medic

PhuturePriest

if you admit those examples are in the bible then requiring me to type out line after line is superfluous...its a stall tactic and quite frankly should be beneath you...

Chapter 4, paragraph C of The Origin of Species is sexist. But I'm not going to give the actual quote so you know what it says, and I'm not going to show you which line and verse is specifically sexist and explain why it is, as you can simply look it up yourself.

This forum is thick with denial, even if I did take the time to type out line after line which would take hours....you would still say "its just a premise"   You admitted those examples I gave were in the bible....so whats the problem?   Misogyny in the bible is a fact....

This forum is thick with denial, even if I did take the time to type out line after line which would take hours....you would still say "its just a premise"   You admitted those examples I gave were in the bible....so whats the problem?   Misogyny in the bible is a fact....

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+cut+and+paste&oq=how+to+cut+and+paste&aqs=chrome.0.69i57j0j5j0.3893j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

PhuturePriest

We have conceded that the book of Timothy does indeed exist. But we have no idea what the exact line says unless you show it to us and actually explain why you think it's sexist. This is the basis for how debating works. If you really want to disprove Christianity, stop being a lazy troll and put in some effort. No one is going to take you seriously until you do.

Good day, sir.

fez-that-70-27s-show-40855_262_400.jpg

You spend 90% or more of your posts on Phatmass slamming the Church and the Bible. I feel for you in that you are struggling with your faith, but if you truly want to overcome your doubts, perhaps you shouldn't be quite so negative about anything to do with the Church? After all, negativity can only bring forth negativity. Saying the Church/Bible is bad for x, y, and z won't make your faith strong. I'm not advocating that you should just forget every doubt you have; you should absolutely look into the answers you seek with an open heart and open mind. However, I don't think your current approach is going to help you do that in any sort of way.

My last post wasn't meant to bash the Church....If one were to say though that the Bible was wrote by Jewish sinners and by Paul who was a sinner therefore it may have faults in it this would make the person a heretic coorect ? And it would be a mortal sin to take this postin also right ? So that's why I said its not my postion although to be completly honest the Bible being completly perfect doesn't seemm legit in my mind....Although I'm willing to just accpet and let those doubts go.....My post have been negative lately and I'm sorry about that...I'm trying to do a better job....If I gave up though I would not remain Catholic....That would be the easiest thing to do....But I believe in a good loving God to strongly to do that....But Its not being honest to say I don't see some of the flaws in the Bible...Some rather big flaws....

KnightofChrist

so you admit they are in the bible but still want me to type out all the chapter and verses? what is the point of that? just to take up time?  gimme a break.

What if, he was stating that "I never said they weren't in the Bible" because he simply didn't state they were not, not that he agrees with you?

Bah, the blatant willful ignorance is stifling here...doesn't surprise me though. anyways, I have other matters to attend to.....and the catholic church has enough problems with their priests raping little boys....

u_mad_bro__by_zombieatnight-d3ahn40.jpg

Seriously, why do you care?

KnightofChrist

No matter what verse I attempt to quote the religious apologist will find some way to distort it so it fits their perspective...)

Bah, the blatant willful ignorance is stifling here...doesn't surprise me though. anyways, I have other matters to attend to.....and the catholic church has enough problems with their priests raping little boys....

Self-fulfilling prophecy! Cool story bro.

yeah now you are going to deny catholic priests have been raping little boys now too? figures...since the Vatican is trying real hard to cover it up..DENY! DENY! DENY!...that's your battle cry.

KnightofChrist

*facepalm*

When he/she can actually form a sound argument in favor of his premises I'll be glad to seriously debate him. If he/she continues to refuse to do so, I'll continue to treat this as the joke it is.

When he/she can actually form a sound argument in favor of his premises I'll be glad to seriously debate him. If he/she continues to refuse to do so, I'll continue to treat this as the joke it is.

Of course you will, I gave examples of the treatment of women in the bible to support the premise, but you chose to ignore them.....

Edited by Medic