An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

I hope so too.

I just felt so... weird, just something kinda wrong, about participating in a show where the host and many of the artists were being so abrasive. A few of the artists were taking it even further than the host, choosing to use their art as a criticism of Christianity in general. There was this prevailing idea that Christians were thieves and destroyers of art and culture and other nasty things which I didn't want to be involved in.

The (probably) last ornament has now shipped. Phew! That was exhausting, but a whole lot of fun. I hope next year is even bigger. :)

Of course, it's still possible I might see a couple more orders, but that's not super likely as most people probably know by now that orders placed this late won't make it in time for Christmas.

NO.  U HUH.  ABSOLUTELY NOT.

You CANNOT put Katie on a Pizza.  We have to draw the line somewhere!      NOOOOO!

Well OK, I guess I will put something else on my pizza then.

I like one or more of the following things on my pizza: olives, onions, peppers, salami, sausage, bacon, chicken, sometimes I like to use vodka sauce or a white sauce, and more unusual cheeses like feta, provolone, asiago, or parmesan. I generally eschew pineapple, although my beloved likes pineapple and canadian bacon very much. I also dislike mushrooms on my pizza. They are a slimy abomination.

Some of those sound delicious...although what is Canadian bacon? Is bacon from Canada somehow different/special? Is it maple syrup flavoured?

These are the questions we Europeans have :P

Canadian bacon is... well, not terribly canadian, to my knowledge. It's a cured meat product with a consistency not unlike ham. It's salty, not as sweet, and does not taste like maple. It's also unlike most other kinds of bacon in that it does not taste smoky. So basically it tastes like ham but with a little more salt, less sweet, and no smoke.