Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)


Recommended Posts

Posted

I love how she just keeps perking up, happy as can be, then slumps back down and goes all "sleep mode".

Posted

We got the ring to the jewelers today. The ring was 3 and a half sizes too big for Katie's hand, just comically huge. Everything will be cleaned and sized and looking gorgeous on her finger by Wednesday. :cloud9:

Posted

WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!!   :paco:   :please:  :paco:    OF IT   :icey2:

 

OF YOU BOTH   :heart: :angel:  :cupid:  :heart:  YUS!!!!!!  

Posted

Yes pictures!!

(And yay for getting the ring resized and cleaned up. It will look fabulous then!)

Posted

We're going to go pick the ring up in a bit, but for now I just want to share these pictures. We went on a long drive yesterday to Clarissa MN to see Katie's grandma. She's got Alzheimer's and got confused pretty easily, thinking Katie was alternately her granddaughter or daughter and I was either a son or Katie's husband to her, she didn't seem to hold on to the idea that we were engaged very well. But she was a very sweet woman, and we had a nice visit. We also had a very very long car drive there and back, about 3 hours one way. We stopped to take some pictures on the way. The camera didn't do the fall colors justice, it was quite beautiful.

 

100_0955.JPG

 

100_0953.JPG

 

100_0962.JPG

 

At one point we were passing through a tiny little run-down farming town called Browerville and were surprised to see, amidst the closed shops and leaning old wooden buildings a very gorgeous Catholic church. It is called Christ the King now, and is combined with 2 other parishes, but the buildings all said St. Joseph. The cornerstone was marked 1908. Very pretty place.

 

100_0975.JPG

 

100_0971.JPG

 

100_0966.JPG

 

100_0965.JPG

 

Of course, there was another pretty sight there. ;)

 

100_0977.JPG

Posted

100_0978.JPG

 

I was going through photos on the camera, and it switched into shooting mode, so I just decided it was time to take some. ;) Here she's saying how her nose is so cold. :P

 

100_0979.JPG

 

Then she realizes I'm in fact taking pictures.

 

100_0980.JPG

 

She wouldn't smile, so I tickled her. ;)

Posted

I just realized I never updated on my flight here. Thanks everyone for your advise and prayers, the flight over was actually pretty good. :) The only truly uncomfortable part was during the descent into Minneapolis, there was a few times that my ears suddenly refused to pop and that hurt. :p But overall it was a pretty good flight. I took decongestants and painkillers and then sucked on lemon candy during the takeoff and landing and it seemed to help. :) And my ear is finally starting to clear up, yay! Good thing too, I'm almost finished with my antibiotic. :p Thanks everyone. :)

ChristinaTherese
Posted

Fink, is it just me or is the ring in the box different from the ring on Katie's hand? It looks nice.

Posted

I may be wrong, but it looks a lot like the setting on my original wedding/engagement ring duo. (Unfortunately, the metal fatigued to the point I can't wear it safely... :( )   If it is an OLD setting (and I think you said it had come down Katie's side of the family?) it was the style at one point to build almost a cantilever bridge type setting so the diamonds could get more light.   And it looks different from the top or sides for that reason...  Imagine diamonds set into this....

 

firthofforth2_bridge_1.jpg

 

IMG_4683.JPG

 

 

and what the same bridge would look like from the top looking down:

 

114.GIF

 

 

 

IMG_4682.JPG

 

Do I have the physics right, ARFink?

Posted

Oh, and there are only 2 things more beautiful than that ring:

 

MY ring

 

and the one wearing THAT ring...  ;)

Posted

The ring in the box is the wedding band and the engagement ring. The ring on my hand is just the engagement ring.  :)

Posted

Very pretty! I love rings where the wedding band locks into the engagement ring. 

Spem in alium
Posted

 

 

At one point we were passing through a tiny little run-down farming town called Browerville and were surprised to see, amidst the closed shops and leaning old wooden buildings a very gorgeous Catholic church. It is called Christ the King now, and is combined with 2 other parishes, but the buildings all said St. Joseph. The cornerstone was marked 1908. Very pretty place.

 

 

 

I love Browerville :) Visited there a couple of times when I was in MN!

 

Great pics, btw :)

Posted

Teasing Tony with a gummy tongue at our Halloween Party. ;)

 

397486_506488922791805_1202853501_n.jpg

Posted (edited)

Got more Halloween pictures. :)
 

IMG_4693.JPG

 

A slightly more normal photo. I'm a chef, she's a kitty.

 

IMG_4686.JPG

 

Kitty!

 

IMG_4705.JPG

 

A pair of totoros.

 

IMG_4703.JPG

 

Playing video games. :)

 

IMG_4697.JPG

 

Bella was a fairy.

Edited by arfink
Posted

awww very fun pictures!

Posted

[media]http://youtu.be/wBqM2ytqHY4[/media]

Posted

lol! (But um.... what?)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...