An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink: Thread Of Randomness (mk.iii)

arfink

engolpion+semi-final.jpg

So this is more or less how this thing is going to look when done, at least the artwork portions of it. Finished size will be 5 1/2" wide, and roughly 7" long with the drop hanging down. It will be made from 5 layers of wood, and the finished thickness will be 1/4" thick. The species used will be basswood and cherry I think. The cherry will be very thin veneers, 0.02" thick, and I plan on making some cool effects with that.

theotokos+of+passion+exploded.jpg

This image shows how the pieces will be made and fit together, in a rough kind of way. The thicknesses shown here are definitely not to scale, but you get the idea. There will be 5 pieces total.

Oh... sorry to hear you are sick!  :console:   Get Bella to wait on you hand and foot.... except she probably would and then you would have a sick Bella on YOUR hands when you get better....

I am tempted to keep working today, despite being ill. I've got the laser running, and I feel like I should do some more design work. I desperately need to get a Christmas design made.

Yes Annie. :paperbag: I hate to lose a whole day. I did make something nice today, and now I'm gonna stop.

20131106_165301.jpg

20131106_165936.jpg

I made this out of acrylic. I left the paper backing on the plastic, and added an extra layer of painter's tape. I then engraved it, and brushed India ink into the voids. When it was dry I peeled it back and got this result. Not bad for a first try. FYI, this is for a guy named Gabe, to go on his toolbox. (No, this is a different Gabe than the one I used to work for.)

You are a smart Bunny King... you answered ALL my questions in one little paragraph!  I really like that, and it is handsome.

It just figures I'd spell the name wrong. :cry:

awwwww,  That's the sort of thing that happens when I try to work when I am sick.   :buddies:   Feel better, ARFink!

brandelynmarie

Recovering from the flu today. No fun. :P But at least I should be better by tonight.

Hope you feel better, arfink. :console:

Feel better Fink!

The name plate thing is very cool!

Edited because I can't spell

Edited by TheresaThoma