arfink Posted November 2, 2013 Author Posted November 2, 2013 [media]http://youtu.be/y2u-bxWmDUg[/media] This is a good tune. Reminds me of being a kid. :)
AnneLine Posted November 2, 2013 Posted November 2, 2013 (edited) Our Lady seems to have gotten a large blue mole on her chin. :hehe2: but she and the Baby seem to be looking better all the time. Love their hands... Edited November 2, 2013 by AnneLine
ChristinaTherese Posted November 2, 2013 Posted November 2, 2013 (edited) Looking good, Fink! I like the roses. Edited November 2, 2013 by Christina Thérèse
arfink Posted November 2, 2013 Author Posted November 2, 2013 Our Lady seems to have gotten a large blue mole on her chin. :hehe2: but she and the Baby seem to be looking better all the time. Love their hands... I knew somebody would spot that! That is a temporary registration marking that represents the exact center of the piece, and which I have to use as a reference for repeating patterns which need to be rotated around that axis of symmetry. Just as an example, the peacoe around the edge is made of overlapping circles which needed to be referenced against that point, as well as each individual thorn. The thorns are all referenced against that central point, and repeat in sets of 3. If you are careful you may be able to spot that. :)
AnneLine Posted November 3, 2013 Posted November 3, 2013 I knew it was the axis.. I was teasing.... ;)
arfink Posted November 5, 2013 Author Posted November 5, 2013 So this is more or less how this thing is going to look when done, at least the artwork portions of it. Finished size will be 5 1/2" wide, and roughly 7" long with the drop hanging down. It will be made from 5 layers of wood, and the finished thickness will be 1/4" thick. The species used will be basswood and cherry I think. The cherry will be very thin veneers, 0.02" thick, and I plan on making some cool effects with that. This image shows how the pieces will be made and fit together, in a rough kind of way. The thicknesses shown here are definitely not to scale, but you get the idea. There will be 5 pieces total.
TheresaThoma Posted November 5, 2013 Posted November 5, 2013 This is just gorgeous! Do you think you will be doing other pieces like this?
AnneLine Posted November 5, 2013 Posted November 5, 2013 She is beautiful, and elegant, ARFink! You do beautiful work.... very clean and yet gentle. :heart:
arfink Posted November 6, 2013 Author Posted November 6, 2013 Recovering from the flu today. No fun. :P But at least I should be better by tonight.
AnneLine Posted November 6, 2013 Posted November 6, 2013 Oh... sorry to hear you are sick! :console: Get Bella to wait on you hand and foot.... except she probably would and then you would have a sick Bella on YOUR hands when you get better....
arfink Posted November 6, 2013 Author Posted November 6, 2013 I am tempted to keep working today, despite being ill. I've got the laser running, and I feel like I should do some more design work. I desperately need to get a Christmas design made.
AnneLine Posted November 6, 2013 Posted November 6, 2013 You desperately need to keep your fingers. Drive safely. ;)
arfink Posted November 6, 2013 Author Posted November 6, 2013 Yes Annie. :paperbag: I hate to lose a whole day. I did make something nice today, and now I'm gonna stop. I made this out of acrylic. I left the paper backing on the plastic, and added an extra layer of painter's tape. I then engraved it, and brushed India ink into the voids. When it was dry I peeled it back and got this result. Not bad for a first try. FYI, this is for a guy named Gabe, to go on his toolbox. (No, this is a different Gabe than the one I used to work for.)
AnneLine Posted November 6, 2013 Posted November 6, 2013 You are a smart Bunny King... you answered ALL my questions in one little paragraph! I really like that, and it is handsome.
arfink Posted November 7, 2013 Author Posted November 7, 2013 It just figures I'd spell the name wrong. :cry:
AnneLine Posted November 7, 2013 Posted November 7, 2013 It just figures I'd spell the name wrong. :cry: awwwww, That's the sort of thing that happens when I try to work when I am sick. :buddies: Feel better, ARFink!
brandelynmarie Posted November 7, 2013 Posted November 7, 2013 Recovering from the flu today. No fun. :P But at least I should be better by tonight. Hope you feel better, arfink. :console:
TheresaThoma Posted November 7, 2013 Posted November 7, 2013 (edited) Feel better Fink! The name plate thing is very cool! Edited because I can't spell Edited November 7, 2013 by TheresaThoma
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now