An Old School Catholic Message Board

A.a. Thread

Tonights meeting was good....It was in a bad part of town...The first two meetings were in Churches and in a nice part of town...There were a lot of people who were struggling in this meeting...One guy was addicted to crystal meth and really looked in bad shape....Another guy was sober for 20 days and his mental health seemed really bad....I really got a good idea tonight how bad peoples life can get because of addiction....We read from a book tonight about the first step which is I am poweless over alcohol and my life has become unmanangable....

Last few meetings have been good....They consisted of just listening to people talk and tell their story....Some of these people have come a long way from where they were...Its inspiring to listen to them....7 meetings down and 83 more to go for the 90 in 90 days....

Headed to a meeting....Didn't go the last 2 nights....Had a horrible week at work and it stopped me from going....Wasn't tempted to drink....Although a drink would have been nice...

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I'm no hero....I'm just a guy who likes to drink for 15 to 30 hours straight and never let the fun stop....Its just not a good plan anymore....I have no doubt I could keep it up without hurting myself physically or anyone else....But its not worth it....Thanks for lighting the candle for me tonight and the prayers...They're appreciated....

Where you taking your excessive drinking which is gluttony to confession every time you drank to much? Just wondering. I hope though that a.a. works for you if you wan't to quit alcohol. If not, keep or start banging it in the confessional.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Great meeting....At the start they turned off the lights lit candels and we meditated then said the Serenity prayer....First time I was at a meeting like that...Really relaxing....

Edited by Guest

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Good meeting yesterday.....At the 7 am meeting now....

good going bruh, hang out there, lol. no joke really you can have it if you wan't it, i think 2 pac said that, " Do you really wan't it, do you really need it."

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

You feel like the program is working for you? You're not struggling too much?

Ya the program is great...I didn't realise it was so spirtual and focused on God....I'm left without a doubt God is in the midst of this and led me here....I never had a clue aa was so focused on God for recovery...