An Old School Catholic Message Board

A.a. Thread

Last meeting was good....Got a 30 day sober key chain and a hug....Won't make the meeting today...Going to Mass instead....Will hit up a meeting tommorow...

I ended up in aa cause I never drank less my whole life.....And I ruined a friendship that meant the world to me when I hit my rock bottom....I love alcohol and could go on drinking....I worked 40 to 70 hours a week and when I drand 7 times out of 10 nothing bad happened....But I'm sick of the 3 out of 10 times something bad happening....And what I did to a good friend this last go around was the rock botttom that woke me up and said enough is enough....I can't do it no more....And now after going to these meetings and listening to a lot of these people I could never go back to drinking to get wasted....And so for me that means sacrificing and not even having one...Because at some point if I go back to start having one I will at one point have 2 and then have 20 to 30....And I will be right back where I started and I never want to feel that hell again I felt when I hit rock bottom and had to wake up the next morning and deal with those feelings...It was hell on earth and insanity....I am 100 percent convinced God is in the midst of all this....I've had a couple other significant spirtual experiences in my 32 years on earth.....Aa is one of those experiences that let's me know we really do have a living Loving God who cares for us deeply....And even though we don't always get Him and have a lot of questions for Him he's is there and He is good....And He does love us....

Edited by Guest

The meeting yesterday was good....It was a meditation meeting with the lights off and candels.....And some sort of calm soothing music....Good stuff.....

Good meeting yesterday....Another meditation meeting....Except this time we meditated almost the whole time the lights remained off the entire time and the candels lit even while sharing...About a haf hour in I started having a little difficulty meditating so I started saying Our Fathers and Hail Marys and that worked...Relaxing meeting...

Edited by Guest

Reminds me of yoga class.

I suggest trying that too! People say they LOVE it because of how calm and relaxed they feel after.

You typcially do yoga to soothing music. My class even did it with dim lights.

Edited by CrossCuT

Thanks Anne

You are very welcome, Josh.... :hug:

and thank YOU... your Mass and your AA threads are a very powerful witness.  Especially your post about why you went to AA and why you are staying there.    

Let us pray for each other!

Good meeting yesterday...This pretty girl was in charge of it...She has been sober for a little over a year...She works a full time job and is also a full time student....And is involved in aa and also a sponser....She's cool....Also had a guest speaker that I had heard before but its all good...He's funny...really crazy and out there too...But I guess a lot of us are....Life does that to you....

Edited by Guest

Good meeting yesterday...Had a guest speaker....He was good....Although I find I don't relate a lot of the times to what people share...My bottom wasn't as bad as a lot of people nor did I experience a lot of the things they did....And sometimes it makes me think if I should really be in aa and stop drinking for the rest of my life....But on the other hand my bottom was my bottom for me....It might have not been another persons bottom but for me it was bad enough to make me go to aa on my own....And if I keep drinking who's to say I might not experience a bottom even worse then the one I experienced....So for me its important to not get a mindset of I'm not as bad as a lot of these people and let that talk me into drinking again and getting drunk again...Although I know I could make a really solid effort of drinking in moderation in the end its not worth it.....Because more then likely it will end up just like before and soon enough I will hit a worse bottom then the one before and I will be right back in the hell I never wanted to go back to....