An Old School Catholic Message Board

A.a. Thread

Tonight a guy was new and had 3 days sober and was in pain...And the guy holding the meeting told him he was happy he was in pain because that pain led him to being at the meeting...It reminded me of the pain and hell I was in a couple months ago and was a reminder that I never want to feel that again...Life sucks sometimes so its not promiced I won't feel pain or feel like I'm in hell again but I can make sure I don't ever feel those feelings as a result of me consuming to much alcohol and making poor choices and having regret...

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

yeah the pain and terror. Your correct though there will still be some pain but excess alcohol increases that pain 100 fold, the higher the highs the lower the lows, that's what i've found anyway. I wanted to be super and forgot about ordinary which is super too, an everyday hero. I wen't to a meeting on friday night, left half way through because the demons where telling me in my mind " where are the racists at say I" and than my head started going " i i i. " I couldn't focus during that so i left, though the rest of the meeting was honest, which was good, didn't like absolutely everything everyone said but most was good, heard something i wanted to remember but forgot, maybe i will hear it again one day. I'm a big book freak and i won't be identifying as an alcoholic this time round therefore won't be sharing, though i still can be a member of a.a and attend meetings because the only requirement for membership is the desire to give up alcohol. Didn't sleep all night when i got home, came under a mad attack. So as they say in a.a " One day at a time." A

And thanks Josh for making this an open a.a. thread, i hope this will be great.

Onward christian souls

Jesus iz LORD.

Open meeting people shared the whole time....It was a 10 pm meeting so not a lot of people there....I got called on to share but I passed...lol

Edited by Guest

Went to a 10 pm meeting last night...Only a few people were there and it ended after about a half hour....Got called on to share again so I did....I'm waiting for the 10 pm meeting to start tonight...Wasn't going to come but did....I'm going to cut back on my meetings....Don't feel the need to come everyday and I'm not tempted to drink....I'm coming everyday now out of habit and its not a bad thing...But I think I'm past the point of needing a meeting everyday...

Edited by Guest

Thanks...Tonights meeging was good...We read about step 6 and talked about it...Character defects and having God remove them....I have been on this step awhile...I have a lot of character defects and know I need them removed....Being sober helps me keep these defects more in check....When I'm drunk they all come out and they are intensified....Being sober though I still deal with them and they are always wanting to manifest themselves....Through temptation and anger and resentment....Being single and alone its easy to give in sometimes because you feel as if know one is watching and you can get away with it...Although that is not true because God is always watching....

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Onward christian soul. Jesus is Lord. Psalm 130:3:4 If you kept a record of our sins, Lord, who could stand there ground? But with you is forgiveness, that you may be revered.

Rejoice and be glad brother, you have been set free of the curse of drunkardness, ALLELUIA!

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I have my second meeting tonight, got drunk last night and preached the ears off someone, hopefully some good will come out of it, not the drunkardness but talking about God as i understand him. I think i got drunk because i wasn't going to meetings, i need to get a meeting list, i know neither times or days for meetings, hopefully there is a spare one at this meeting tonight. My desire to not drink alcohol is driving me a little mad and i felt today as if the very gates of hell where going to open up and swallow me after last nights drinking session, i finally let down my pride and prayed to Jesus and also asked for the holy mothers prayers and read some psalms, immediately after that the devil fled and literally i could see again clearly, alleluia. Please say a prayer for me Josh, my brother in christ. And if anyone reads this before i go to the meeting please pray i stay for the whole meeting, last time i did the bolt at half time.

Onward christian souls.

Jesus is Lord.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Alleluia, 2nd meeting under my belt, and the desire to give up alcohol is back, I got a meetings list this time so will be able to go to other meetings now again, the meeting was ace, very open very honest sometimes ruthlessly honest unfortunately but on the whole was good. I learnt that when i drink i'm searching for myself, and met another catholic christian there and got his number. Also i had a miracle today, i have no money and was running short on petrol and was wondering how i would get to more meetings once i got the list and $50 miraculously appeared in my wallet. Thank you Lord Jesus.

Onward christian souls.

God is Good.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Said a couple prayers for you Tab. Just don't drink. Not once. And go to meetings. I went to a 10 pm meeting last night. I had to leave early. There wasn't many people there and two guys were sleeping and snoring and it was annoying. I'm going to the 7pm meeting in a little bit.

Edited by Guest

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Said a couple prayers for you Tab. Just don't drink. Not once. And go to meetings. I went to a 10 pm meeting last night. I had to leave early. There wasn't many people there and two guys were sleeping and snoring and it was annoying. I'm going to the 7pm meeting in a little bit.

Awe-somE bro, and thanks for the prayers. I wen't to a meeting at lunch and one tonight . I didn't get the whole lunch meeting in but learnt something from it, i wen't to make a cup of tea about halfway through the meeting and someone i know was also making a cuppa so we sat outside and had a meeting outside of the meeting lol. And tonights meeting i had to leave 15 minutes early because i got hell paranoid all through the meeting because someone put me a bit off kilt before the meeting accidentally and i couldn't focus because of my paranoid and judgmental thoughts on and off through the whole meeting. A big off putter for me at a.a in my city is when someone describes the 3rd step as being higher power when that is the 2nd step and the third step actually brings in the concept of God and by the way doesn't have an s in it so therefore is God and not multiple Gods, which is a universal word and the English dictionary meaning if i remember correctly is " supreme being. " And some meetings in my city at the end when doing the serenity prayer say "to the God or Godess of your own understanding " and again the third step says him but i guess your saving paper and the big book was on the cheap so therefore had to squeeze much into not many pages so possibly God can be feminine also or masculine or neither in the a.a sense, although we know The 2nd person of the holy trinity was incarnate as a man and resurected as a man, but what of the holy spirit who brooded over the waters? Which i was told female birds do over there eggs. Anyhow i can't share at meetings because i'm not an alcoholic although i can be a member of A.A because the only requirement for membership is the desire to give up alcohol, so i will share here, bender not breaker,lol. Oh also i became a member of a meeting today which is not absolute and i can search around for a more suited meeting if i like i get to do service if i'm a member (faith and works) which i hadn't done at my 4 previous attempts at a.a and next thing off my checklist is a sponsor and than to work the steps, i've never worked the steps either though i have thought about them a lot  but i have had a sponser before for a short time. Anyhow thanks for listening, Jesus is Lord. :)

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye