Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Made 3 meetings this week....Hit the 4 month mark which is cool....Was tempted to drink this week when I was around a friend who was having a glass of wine....But it was pretty easy to let the thought go and not drink...Before when I tried to stop drinking these are the times I would give in and drink...And start the cycle of insanity all over again...While my demoms rejoiced...

Posted (edited)

sorry...couldn't resist:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n96OJ7KYmxs

Edited by Seven77
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
Posted

http://youtu.be/m_PNunWGzI0

Posted (edited)

Yesterdays meeting was a open meeting with a raffle ticket...They draw your number you share...Mine didn't get drawn...This is a 7 am meeting and there is a guy there who was in prison for 25 years...He's intense everytime he shares...Sometimes its a lot to handle at that hour in the morning but its cool...That's what aa is about...Letting people vent...He knows Mike Tyson and has Mike speaking at an upcoming meeting...Should be interesting................Went to a meeting this morning also after Confession and the gym....It was a 10 am meeting....Had a guest speaker and it was nice listening to him...Nice guy who got sober in 1976 5 years before I was even born....At this meeting was a lady I have seen before....Her name is Kristin....She looks just like my old friend Kristi who was the reason I joined aa...She was the friend that I did really wrong the last night I was wasted...I threw our friendship away that night and showed her so much hate and disrespect...She hasn't talked to me since then and I lost a friendship that meant a lot to me and still feel the pain from it...But ya this Kristin lady looks just like my old friend Kristi except a little older....Its weird...Anyhow we held hands today durning the Our Father at the end of the meeting...

Edited by Guest
Posted

Went to the noon meeting today...Guest speaker...Older guy...Good share...Only 8 months sober....Hope we both make it...

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Hey Josh, how are you doing?  It's been a while since you said hi to us.

 

Still praying for you & would love to hear from you.....

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
Posted

sept 22 2013 is my quit day, so how ever many days sober now. I had a kind of bust about 3 and a half weeks ago, i used drugs after not using drugs for about a year. But aye alleluia it was only a lapse and not a relapse, a lapse is a one off and a relapse is an ongoing thing. After my bust my meetings and attendance at holy mass has dropped right off. Today i went to my home group which i had only attended once since the bust and bought a book called 'living sober' and as had suspected there is an alcoholic and a problem drinker both phrases are coined on the 1st page of the 'living sober' book, and i identify as a problem drinker and not an alcoholic which someone whom identifies as being an alcoholic was trying to convince me otherwise, and again for all those interested i make clear the tradition of a.a. that says " the only requirement for membership is the desire to stop drinking alcohol", but i love him and i think he understands now or has given up trying to convince me otherwise. Big reminder for me from a long time sober person today that i must continue to go to meetings, very important. Living sober so far is a great book i read it till my mind and eyes where tired and ai haven't been able to read like that for 3 or so years, even holy scripture which i love. Just for today i'm good, went to holy mass, went to a meeting and had a little bit of trauma late in the day in that i was late to have my psyche meds and felt like drinking or drugging or gambling more than i should, allleuia that i did none of these and am now sitting at home typing on phatmass and had my meds. Okay God bless.

 

onward christian souls. (including the black and grey sheep, that hope to be white sheep eventually.)

 

Jesus iz LORD.

 

 

Posted (edited)

So I reached 5 months without a drink the other day. Since my last post I've attended a lot of meetings. I was going ever day for a stretch there but got burnt out. Haven't been to a meeting in a week. Will pry go to one tommorow. Honestly surprised I haven't had a drink in this long. Pretty much a miracle. Things are going really well for me and more then once I've wanted to have a couple beers but I didnt. I don't think that's a good thing I didn't have some drinks. An adult should be able to enjoy some drinks and chill out from this insane world. But I know for a fact God wants it this way (me not drinking at all) and He has blessed me huge in the last 5 months to confirm this to me. And the truth is it will be hard enough for me to escape hell sober and most likely impossible drunk.

Edited by Guest
Posted

5 months is something to celebrate! :paco2:    :winner:  :winner:  :winner:  :winner:  :winner:  :cake:

Posted

"Pretty much a miracle." That's what AA is about. And that about says it all.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

"Pretty much a miracle." That's what AA is about. And that about says it all.

Yes it pretty much has been a miracle... God removed the desire to drink completely. ..I know a skeptic will say look at all the people who haven't been able to stop...And I'm not sure how I would respond to that...I know with me I asked God with every fiber in me to help me stop drinking and so far it's worked...In the past when I tried to stop I never depended on God completely to stop and I always failed...I actually haven't been to a meeting in 19 days...I need to start hitting a few...At this point I don't feel the need to attend them to not drink...Although I think it would be a mistake to cut them out completely. .. I was watching this atheist vs believer debate on you tube...It was a show from nightline and Sam Harris was on there and this other atheist and they were debating a couple believers...The believers were actually new age in their beliefs so there was some stuff I didn't like...Anyhow at the end of the debate the one atheist said flat out that it appears almost without question that we aren't here by chance...That there appears to be a deeper meaning to things and it's almost impossible for everything to have worked out the way it did for life to come about and it just be random chance...Yet he isn't and pry never will be ready to give this credit to God let alone the Christian God unless he can see feel and touch him...Yet he willingly admits that there seems to be an intelligence behind creation...And he's right its the same intelligence that befriended me and helped me stop drinking when I thought it was impossible to do... Edited by Guest
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

6 months...

 

Congratulations! You state it, but how you feel about it? Proud? Surprised? Happy? 

 

Do you get a coin or anything for six months? I remember my brother getting one for 25 years, and my father getting one for 40 years. I guess it was at the same event. I didn't go, but they showed them to me afterward. 

Posted

Six months... That's fantastic, Josh!!!!    :winner:  :winner:  :winner:  :winner:  :winner:  :winner:

maximillion
Posted

OMGoodness, well done, very well done!

 

A million prayers for you Josh, never underestimate how well you have done.

Posted (edited)

Congratulations! You state it, but how you feel about it? Proud? Surprised? Happy?

Do you get a coin or anything for six months? I remember my brother getting one for 25 years, and my father getting one for 40 years. I guess it was at the same event. I didn't go, but they showed them to me afterward.

Thank you Luigi. I am happy about it...It feels good that I didn't give in and have lasted 6 months...Also a bit surprised too...Although I honestly think this is something supernatural happening and God deserves the credit...As far as the coin goes they give them every month and then once you get to a year you can get one at every year...The only coin I have taken so far is the 24 hour chip...I actually haven't been to a meeting in about a month...Not thrilled about that although not going hasn't made me want to drink...I would like to go to a meeting in the next day or two though and grab a six month chip... Edited by Guest
Posted (edited)

Thanks Anne and Max I appreciate it !

Edited by Guest
Posted

Also Luigi that's cool about your brother and dad.. Man that is a long time...Wow...

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
Posted (edited)

I'm tried(tired) by a.a and n.a at the momment. I'm awake in bed tonight thinking i don't fit in with rages or media, jah or babylon, above ground or underground, and mostly everyone at a.a and n.a seem to be underground and pretty rough and it doesn't have to be in the physical violence sense, although half of them perhaps would have my nose broken before i got my real say edge ways, though those that aren't physical it seems to be in words also and will cut you down faster than a bulldozer mowing down a tree, there heart breakers but hurt people hurt people supposedly that's what is told in the n.a and a.a circles around my part of the woods so i assume these people have had there hearts shattered to the point of despair and that is why there there and i need to try and understand this. But i get all that from the supposed goody too shoes as well in the above ground/media/babylon except there more calculated and cunning applying a slow and painful death. I fit in nowhere i am an Israelite/child of GOD cast out into the valley of bones. I have to stop hoping in the world and place all my hope in GOD. But will hopefully continue to plug along in a.a and n.a, who knows perhaps i'm being paranoid and it is all a figment of my imagination and also i must understand i too have a sickness for drugs and alcohol that needs to be addressed even though i may not fit the model of alcoholic or addict the only requirement for membership is the desire to give up drugs and alcohol.  I had 4 and a half months up had 2 busts over a month and now i'm back up to a month clean and sober, 4 and a half months was the longest i have gone without mind altering substances since i was about 13 or 14, i wasn't ever a daily user or drinker and i didn't need it 1st thing in the morning and i could happily go any time a week or 2 without it but when it started to give me psychological and emotional turmoil i started trying to quit 4 years ago and got a month here, 2 months there and a few 3 month periods at a.a and one 3 month stint in rehab, i have started n.a now as well because i have had problems with dope/marijuana and gear/heroin. I hope this is the time i go the rest of my life without the junk, the funk and the freakin drunk. I don't need to conform but i do need to let Gods love transform me, i really don't wan't to conform because i also have a loathing for the principles of babylon, though i love and respect all her citizens and like i said Jahs kingdom is nasty also, i'm not on either side, and if allowing Gods love to transform me transforms anyone else by my example than bonus if not at least i have submitted to Gods love and healed. Thanks for listening. God bless.

 

Jesus iz LORD.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...