4588686 Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 I'm no hero....I'm just a guy who likes to drink for 15 to 30 hours straight and never let the fun stop. This made my day.
Guest Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 I was going to make some smart ass comment about this. But, honestly, you're doing a good thing. Going to AA is tough. Being public about it is tough. You should be commended for what you're doing. Is the girl your future wife? Probably not. But maybe she is. haha I was just joking...I'm a big smart ass myself...thanks for the props man....Godbless...
Guest Posted October 12, 2013 Posted October 12, 2013 And I'm not looking for any props or a pat on the back....I just made this thread and the Mass thread so I can hold myself accountable....
Guest Posted October 14, 2013 Posted October 14, 2013 Tonights meeting sucked...Would of rather been drinking...But most meetings are good and inspiring so its all good....
Apotheoun Posted October 16, 2013 Posted October 16, 2013 Have a big glass of chocolate milk. That always cheers me up. :paco:
Guest Posted October 16, 2013 Posted October 16, 2013 Can't get drunk now....Tommorow is a month sober and without a drink...
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted October 16, 2013 Posted October 16, 2013 :) I don't endorse all this artists music because i haven't heard much else but i do endorse this 1 song and i hope it helps. http://youtu.be/QpdWDSX8tlY
Guest Posted October 16, 2013 Posted October 16, 2013 Great meeting....Had a guest speaker....These are my favorite meetings when there is a good guest speaker...His story was great....Amazing stuff....
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 (edited) Great meeting....Had a guest speaker....These are my favorite meetings when there is a good guest speaker...His story was great....Amazing stuff.... Peace to you brother in christ. The good, the ok and the boring. How it iz lah. Very difficult when there iz a succession of boring speakers or you hear the same story over and over, the same story over and over is common for some, they just tell there war stories and thats all they have, nothing spectacular, but it helps them. :) Have you heard of the desiderata, i have read it a few times it is a short poem/wisdom, it is christian as far as i'm aware and helps me when i call the word desiderata to my mind when i'm listening to someone whom is boring me half to death. Anyhow, i'm very glad your still at it. Check the desiderata out, is like finding a bottle of water in the middle of the desert and short and easy to understand. Onward christian soul. Jesus iz LORD. Edited October 18, 2013 by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 (edited) Here's another pick me up song for you brother,please don't take offence if in anyway it offends you. I was thinking of you just then when i listened to this song and how i hope in all manner of things that you soar like an eagle once you with the grace of God defeat whatever it is that is binding you to the drink. http://youtu.be/lf5E8wxZQLw Edited October 18, 2013 by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye
Guest Posted October 19, 2013 Posted October 19, 2013 About to hit this meeting up....Missed last night.....Had a tourney that ran late and I was tired and hungry....But excited about todays meeting....
Guest Posted October 20, 2013 Posted October 20, 2013 Last meeting was good....Got a 30 day sober key chain and a hug....Won't make the meeting today...Going to Mass instead....Will hit up a meeting tommorow...
AnneLine Posted October 21, 2013 Posted October 21, 2013 (edited) Congrats on 30 days! Edited October 21, 2013 by AnneLine
Guest Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 (edited) I ended up in aa cause I never drank less my whole life.....And I ruined a friendship that meant the world to me when I hit my rock bottom....I love alcohol and could go on drinking....I worked 40 to 70 hours a week and when I drand 7 times out of 10 nothing bad happened....But I'm sick of the 3 out of 10 times something bad happening....And what I did to a good friend this last go around was the rock botttom that woke me up and said enough is enough....I can't do it no more....And now after going to these meetings and listening to a lot of these people I could never go back to drinking to get wasted....And so for me that means sacrificing and not even having one...Because at some point if I go back to start having one I will at one point have 2 and then have 20 to 30....And I will be right back where I started and I never want to feel that hell again I felt when I hit rock bottom and had to wake up the next morning and deal with those feelings...It was hell on earth and insanity....I am 100 percent convinced God is in the midst of all this....I've had a couple other significant spirtual experiences in my 32 years on earth.....Aa is one of those experiences that let's me know we really do have a living Loving God who cares for us deeply....And even though we don't always get Him and have a lot of questions for Him he's is there and He is good....And He does love us.... Edited October 23, 2013 by Guest
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now