An Old School Catholic Message Board

Please Don't Take This As A Public Attack.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

AccountDeleted

Tab- the Bible also says that fornication is evil, but that doesn't make sex evil. So drunkenness is evil, but not alcohol. Jesus not only drank wine, and made it part of a sacrament, but He also turned water into wine at a wedding so the people could continue to enjoy themselves. He didn't seem to have any problem with people drinking wine - in fact, they drank so much that they ran out!

And as for advertising of cigarettes, there is no safe level at which to smoke - every cigarette causes damage to the lungs, arteries, heart etc. Alcohol, taken in moderation is even good for the body. My brother-in-law's cardiologist told him to drink a glass of red wine every day after his heart attack. And advertising has nothing to do with what makes a sin.

You really have to learn your faith a bit better. Or find out more about scruples, because it appears that you really do suffer from it.

So why would saint paul stipulate between two different people, those that could eat food from idols and those that couldn't, does this mean some can succesfully bash and some can't ?

Two topics Tab.

Some people are more vulnerable to mythology, some people are more vulnerable to alcohol, some people are more vulnerable to greed, some to lust.  

There are men who can be good Dr's and never look upon a woman's breasts in anything but a clinical way.  There are men who struggle with lust who cannot.

So yes, God can say different things to different people.  God meets us all where we are.

As far as food from idols.  God was protecting His people physically (from eating often spoiled food), mentally (from getting into the idol mindset), emotionally (from offending others) and spiritually (from perhaps calling on the wrath of the devil).  We are called to have this as our "default status" and only go over and above when absolutely necessary.  Lately, I think we have forgotten this and Pope Francis has called to remind us that charity is desired over antics.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

i fear your all truly crazy. That's exactly what i said, moderation is ok, and i feel like your making out that i haven't even said that. Also on holy scripture Jesus says " the truth is a double edged swords." scripture can be discerned in various ways and the literal is one way, and i'm not saying that all scripture can be discerned in this manner, and some scripture has various meanings for the same verse.

P.s. and also blazeing star i was about to say exactly what you said about discerning holy scripture, and if you actually knew me and dialogued with me you would already know by now that this is my stance and as far as i'm aware the churches stance on discerning sacred scripture.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

The key thing is to have fun posting on Phatmass. Are there serious topics at times? Sure, but much of what gets posted here is lighthearted, so don't take it all too seriously.

AccountDeleted

Tab - if you think we are ALL crazy - then maybe the problem doesn't lie with all of us, but with you??

It's like that old saying... the mother turns to the father and says,  "Look, dear, our little Johnny is the only one in step!"  Think about it. :)

i fear your all truly crazy. That's exactly what i said, moderation is ok, and i feel like your making out that i haven't even said that. Also on holy scripture Jesus says " the truth is a double edged swords." scripture can be discerned in various ways and the literal is one way, and i'm not saying that all scripture can be discerned in this matter, and some scripture has various meanings for the same verse.

Tab, if we're all truly crazy then you may want to take a (another) vacation from Phatmass.

When you DECLARE THE BEERS ARE EVIL AND WILL LEAD ONE TO HELLLLFIREE it dosn't leave much room for discussion.

Perhaps you are thinking about what you wished you said.  All but condemning Phatmass for having a beer forum is to say that adults cannot discuss a substance in moderation.  Healthy behavior regarding alcohol comes from honest discussion.  By indicating we shouldn't have a forum---and thus a safe place to discuss beer-- you are inferring that it is far too evil for our feeble minds to discuss in a healthy way.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab - if you think we are ALL crazy - then maybe the problem doesn't lie with all of us, but with you??

It's like that old saying... the mother turns to the father and says,  "Look, dear, our little Johnny is the only one in step!"  Think about it. :)

Not all phatmassers, just those whom are talking to me now, all was probably the wrong word.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab, if we're all truly crazy then you may want to take a (another) vacation from Phatmass.

When you DECLARE THE BEERS ARE EVIL AND WILL LEAD ONE TO HELLLLFIREE it dosn't leave much room for discussion.

Perhaps you are thinking about what you wished you said.  All but condemning Phatmass for having a beer forum is to say that adults cannot discuss a substance in moderation.  Healthy behavior regarding alcohol comes from honest discussion.  By indicating we shouldn't have a forum---and thus a safe place to discuss beer-- you are inferring that it is far too evil for our feeble minds to discuss in a healthy way.

A mans heart is tested by the LORD!

AccountDeleted

What in heaven's name has that got to do with this thread?? Once again you run off in a totally unrelated direction.

You have not only been stating that alcohol is evil but that even talking having a forum to talk about it is evil??

Tab, with respect, I think you should take a break. Sort yourself out. Learn your faith. Learn how to interact with people.

The way you communicate with us now is not healthy.

We will still be here when you are done.

Not all phatmassers, just those whom are talking to me now, all was probably the wrong word.

Yes, tab, and herein lies the problem.  You need to be clear. 

"I feel like nunsense, selah, blazeingstar...etc, are falsely representing Catholicism"

Not Phatmass is crazy.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Are you scared of me blaze, please don't fear me? Fear only the LORD. If i do have the power to change phatmass( which i doubt i have and if i do have it then we all have it) then i believe it is from God.

Tab - I have experience extreme rudeness on this site by particular people as well and all I can say is ignore them. Bullies are bullies. 

What in heaven's name has that got to do with this thread?? Once again you run off in a totally unrelated direction.

You have not only been stating that alcohol is evil but that even talking having a forum to talk about it is evil??

And once again,

Translated to us:

"The purple melon stands in the way of the beaver who choked on the Popsicle stick because we pollute the air and God said to be good stewards. Therefore we shouldn't have a gray forum because balloons float into the air and try to be God."