An Old School Catholic Message Board

Please Don't Take This As A Public Attack.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

AccountDeleted

Imagine if that was a 15kg bengal domestic and the pitbull was only 6 months old, the bengal would rip it apart.

Yeah I felt sorry for the poor cat at first because it was two against one but it did alright with that light sabre! :)

Yeah I felt sorry for the poor cat at first because it was two against one but it did alright with that light sabre! :)

In most dog/cat conflicts I find the cat usually wins. 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

In most dog/cat conflicts I find the cat usually wins. 

Dogs noses are very sensitive and the cat knows this instinctively i assume and gives it a good whack which frightens the dog i think, that's why we have always whacked puppies on the nose(not to hard though) with a rolled up newspaper, i say we because i assume that's how most train there puppies, perhaps i'm wrong and it's only a few or something.

Dogs noses are very sensitive and the cat knows this instinctively i assume and gives it a good whack which frightens the dog i think, that's why we have always whacked puppies on the nose(not to hard though) with a rolled up newspaper, i say we because i assume that's how most train there puppies, perhaps i'm wrong and it's only a few or something.

I'm pretty sure the rolled up newspaper trend went the way of beating children.  There are alot more humane ways to train dogs.

Plus, who has a newspaper anymore.

AccountDeleted

I'm pretty sure the rolled up newspaper trend went the way of beating children.  There are alot more humane ways to train dogs.

Plus, who has a newspaper anymore.

Yeah, paper on the nose is dog abuse now. :shock:  So this is the way we train them instead...

1-dog-bone-nose.jpg

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Yeah, paper on the nose is dog abuse now. :shock:  So this is the way we train them instead...

1-dog-bone-nose.jpg

That poor little pooch looks like it couldn't defend the vegie patch. Not that i train aggressive dogs.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

1-dog-bone-nose.jpg

OH MY GOSH SO CUTEEEEEEE!!!!

I use a clicker, an static collar and an e-z halter.  My shelter dog still has some licking issues, but she's a sweetheart.  I couldn't imagine whacking her on the nose.

That poor little pooch looks like it couldn't defend the vegie patch. Not that i train aggressive dogs.

That's because it's an Australian Shepard, they're not guard dogs they are hearing dogs.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

OH MY GOSH SO CUTEEEEEEE!!!!

I use a clicker, an static collar and an e-z halter.  My shelter dog still has some licking issues, but she's a sweetheart.  I couldn't imagine whacking her on the nose.

You can't whack shelter dogs incase they ran away because of abuse. 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

That's because it's an Australian Shepard, they're not guard dogs they are hearing dogs.

Blue healers (australian shepard) are traditionally cattle cross guard dogs. They have very strong bone structure and can take a stomping from the cattle.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

You can't whack shelter dogs incase they ran away because of abuse. 

Errr....you shouldn't stereotype shelter dogs either. My dog was never abused or neglected.  She was a well-loved puppy who was given to the shelter due to the economy (with plenty of tears) who lived in a shelter (and became a bit untrained and unruly) during her 2 year stint.  But she was not abused, and most shelter dogs today are well-loved economic surrenders.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Errr....you shouldn't stereotype shelter dogs either. My dog was never abused or neglected.  She was a well-loved puppy who was given to the shelter due to the economy (with plenty of tears) who lived in a shelter (and became a bit untrained and unruly) during her 2 year stint.  But she was not abused, and most shelter dogs today are well-loved economic surrenders.

Sorry i was thinking of the pound not a shelter.