An Old School Catholic Message Board

Marijuana Is Safer Than Alcohol

CrossCuT

All of the President of my lifetime have done drugs.

Have you seen all the Presidents of your lifetime? Might not be the best argument for legalization...

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

the catechism never mentions moderation when it comes to drug use.  It says unless therapeutic, it is sinful.  Marijuana not used for therapeutic reasons would fall under this.  so if you don't disagree with the catechism, please explain how you reconcile your support of marijuana use for non therapeutic reasons when the catechism states drug use is sinful?

I second this. Eye Eye. And there is no safe sin. 

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

the catechism never mentions moderation when it comes to drug use. It says unless therapeutic, it is sinful. Marijuana not used for therapeutic reasons would fall under this. so if you don't disagree with the catechism, please explain how you reconcile your support of marijuana use for non therapeutic reasons when the catechism states drug use is sinful?

alcohol is a drug...and way more risky then pot in effecting your free will...

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

alcohol and marijuana are natural, drugs are cocaine, heroin,ice,speed etc etc. Although alcohol is brewed it has no added chemicals in it's proper state it is all natural, just like making a shepards pie. And marijuana does effect your free will drastically i have seen it and experienced it, it alters the minds view and perspective,to put it in my grandmas terms " warps your mind", alcohol only does this in excess not in moderation and moderation of alcohol doesn't include daily usage even if it's only 1 that's my opinion anyhow. Again i am talking from experience and being around people with experience. Though someone whom is an alcoholic may have to view alcohol in any amount as a drug to them and forbidden, but not for all.

Onward christian souls.

Unkown author " Sin doesn't hurt you because it is forbidden, it is forbidden because it hurts you."

P.s. Please don't tell me your on the marijuana maintenance program Josh. That isn't a.a truth if you are josh, it is in a.a. because of liers :(

Dude I've smoked tons and tons of pot....You can smoke pot in moderation just like you can drink in moderation...Not drinking in moderation is wayyyyyy worse then not smoking in moderation.....Look at the things people do when drunk and the lives they ruin and kill....Stay sober and don't abuse either....Don't do either....But it is bs to sit here and say alcohol is safer then marijuana and is not a sin....But marijuana is goiing to make you lose your free will and throw you into mortal sin with one hit....That's a joke....

I haven't smoked pot in forever tab...Although I have a prob with alcohol not pot....If I want to smoke marijuana I will...I have tons of experience with it and I would actually say it has been beneficial to me....And even spirtual...That's a whole new thread though....But at any rate I'm not going to start smoking again...I'm more interested in staying sober and keeping a clear mind....

Edited by Guest

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I haven't smoked pot in forever tab...Although I have a prob with alcohol not pot....If I want to smoke marijuana I will...I have tons of experience with it and I would actually say it has been beneficial to me....And even spirtual...That's a whole new thread though....But at any rate I'm not going to start smoking again...I'm more interested in staying sober and keeping a clear mind....

Just to let you know i've been smoking marijuana since i was 12 and still struggle with it, not in excess anymore but it has altered my mind state and free will and if i don't quit it completely soon i'm may kill someone, kill myself or commit myself to the psychiatric facility again. As far as i'm aware Jamaicas poor areas are gangsta and gangster sess pools, same as the u.s. Bob marley before he got married would thug, listen to his original stuff  threatening people with violence, and another big one weed does is increase the desire to lust. It's making my mind murderous and suicidal and lustful, it is taking away my free will.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Then you have to understand your not the norm with pot and an exception to the rule.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

<edit crew tons>  Also i don't really wan't to murder anyone, kill myself or commit acts of lust, it's the weed altering my mind state/removing my free will. Not saying that i would never ever have these thoughts ever without it but it  seems to increase such things, it makes a person very fragile a whole don't tred on me attitude leave me alone or something bad is going to happen/paranoia/fear/false evidence appearing real. I'm pretty sure that marijuana is part of the reason why african american ghettos are killing each other due to paranoia and fear(false evidence appearing real.) Same for Australian ghettos to, and add drugs/chemical bombs and it makes it even worse. Alcohol in general is less addictive then marijuana and drugs and does less damage to the nervous system but of course in excess alcohol does the same as marijuana and drugs and some have an allergy to alcohol just as some have an allergy to peanuts.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

marijuana makes balck blacker than what it is and white whiter than what it is, it's an illusion. Alcohol doesn't unless your drunk. Tobie vs the world. IRE. Love Jesus or be faded, sunset soldiers red,white and blue. The end. Goodbye. Thanks for coming.

http://youtu.be/nay31hvEvrY

You know black is white and white is brown and everything inbetween, byatchez, test and est , adam and eve, stop the war.