An Old School Catholic Message Board

Advent To Candlemas Reading Competition (2013-2014)

AnneLine

Thanks ChristinaTherese -- 400 pages Sounds like a good 'Reading for School' credit ....  

SO... attention all students:  

400 pages available as a 'Reading for School' credit - if you want it... all you have to do is let me know!

Chryso... I think you can count the Reading for School credit of 400 pages OR your actual page numbers (hint, choose the higher one!)  :)

YOu can document anytime this week for things read by midnight on Feb 2 where you are!!!!!

I am formally declaring I'm done...not quite finished with Dancing Whitefish.... and still making my way thru the Fault in our Stars.    I want to slow down because I am losing the story line in Dancing Whitefish... nothing like a courtroom drama set in the 1880s.... and one of the witnesses dated his testimony by saying that he was sure of the time because he had seen Mr. Lincoln a few weeks before he was shot..... 

Which was kinda creepy, truth be told, because I remember then Mayor Moscone of San Francisco holding the door to the City Hall open for me one day when I brought a pile of mail to the City Hall Post Office when I was working in a mail room on my first job ever....(a very gallant thing to do!).... and he was shot just a few years later in the same City Hall.... yup, I'd have been able to date testimony the same way.  How creepy is that!!!!!!

anyway, can't wait to see what our final totals will be!!!!!!   about 1.75 more hours for those in Pacific Time Zone!!!!!!

:)  :bible: :) :bible: :) :bible: :) :bounce: :bible:  :)

Edited by AnneLine

XTriciaXLynnX, I keep meaning to ask you...

Your avatar....

• photo-3995.gif?_r=1381273395

Is that Michael Weiss from The Pretender?  I LOOOOOVED that show!

I read lots anyway so any time you repeat the challenge I am happy to join in.

I also now have some really good recommendations for yet more books to fill this small flat. I recently cleared out my bookshelves and now they are rapidly re-filling!

Thanks to you AnneLine for all your counting and encouraging!

Actually the one who started this last Summer was Byzantine... and Carter and some of the others begged for it to happen again.

The only tough part for me was when my computer crashed... and with it the excel table with all our stats!

BUT... I actually came up with a better version so I'm ready when it's time for the next one....

I almost died last lent from not reading fiction (only exception was for school.) We were reading City of Bones (the Mortal Instruments series) aloud in class and I read the book in about three class periods. I was fiction-deprived but it truly was a sacrifice.

Well... I am going to have to do the final count!   Will probably do it late tonight or tomorrow.... so if you haven't gotten your books and pages in... start typing!!!!

:bible: :bible: :bible:

Bumpity and a promise.... will get this done tomorrow.  I have been SO BUSY!!!!!!!   There are weeks and this was ONE of them!!!!!!

But fair is fair, and I won't leave you in suspense much longer! :bananarap:

ChristinaTherese

I know the feeling. I've been having one of those weeks myself, and will probably have another one this next week. Take what time you need, although I'll be glad to see the count when you get it done.

Well... details to follow... but we did NOT read 100,000 pages.   :unsure:

WE READ 107,744 pages!!!!  :winner: 

Edited by AnneLine

I'd hoped to get the stats up tonight, but it just isn't gonna happen tonight.  Hopefully later today!  I gotta get some sleep!!!!!! :cloud9: