TheresaThoma Posted January 15, 2014 Posted January 15, 2014 Posting here again to make TPBM thread true
Ancilla Domini Posted January 15, 2014 Author Posted January 15, 2014 (edited) Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic both made their way into the 1/32 finals of the Australian Open (Tennis). I'm terribly happy. :D Edited January 15, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Ancilla Domini Posted January 15, 2014 Author Posted January 15, 2014 (edited) Have you ever seen those "#sorelateable" things that people post on G+ and facebook, and all those social networks? Well, this painting ought to be one of them: Les Retardataires, (The Latecomers) by Albert Guillaume: Edited January 15, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Ancilla Domini Posted January 15, 2014 Author Posted January 15, 2014 (edited) One of my favorite (non-operatic) singers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2klh2cTa_Q Edited January 15, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
AnneLine Posted January 15, 2014 Posted January 15, 2014 I'm still waiting on that thread about my most fabulous traits. She's still trying to locate them, Miles. Be patient. ;) :evil:
Ancilla Domini Posted January 15, 2014 Author Posted January 15, 2014 (edited) She's still trying to locate them, Miles. Be patient. ;) :evil: Well said. :winner: :cheers: :evil: Edited January 15, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Ancilla Domini Posted January 15, 2014 Author Posted January 15, 2014 Even if you don't like tennis, you've got to admit this is hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9DpPnNjv0E
Ancilla Domini Posted January 16, 2014 Author Posted January 16, 2014 You have two choices, my phriends: Either you pounce on me and threaten to ban me from phatmass, if I post more tennis videos, or You allow me to post more tennis videos. (I promise there won't be many of them...just about 3 or 4 more...) :hehe2:
SilentJoy Posted January 16, 2014 Posted January 16, 2014 You have two choices, my phriends: Either you pounce on me and threaten to ban me from phatmass, if I post more tennis videos, or You allow me to post more tennis videos. (I promise there won't be many of them...just about 3 or 4 more...) :hehe2: Its your serve.
Ancilla Domini Posted January 16, 2014 Author Posted January 16, 2014 (edited) You asked for it, Silentjoy. XD Djokovic -- (2nd favorite player) This is a hard match for me to watch, because my two favorite players are on opposite teams; but this is an amusing clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxUHxKPCW3w Edited January 16, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
xTrishaxLynnx Posted January 16, 2014 Posted January 16, 2014 If you like poetry, here are two of my favorites. He clasps the crag with crooked hands; Close to the sun in lonely lands, Ring’d with the azure world, he stands. The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls; He watches from his mountain walls. And like a thunderbolt he falls. “The Eagle†by Alfred Lord Tennyson A dewdrop of the darkness born Wherein no shadow lies; The blossom of a barren thorn Whereof no petal dies; A rainbow beauty, passion free, Wherewith was veiled eternity. “The Immaculate Conception†by Fr. John Bannister Tabb I love Lord Tennyson. One of my favorites: Crossing the Bar By Alfred, Lord Tennyson Sunset and evening star, And one clear call for me! And may there be no moaning of the bar, When I put out to sea, But such a tide as moving seems asleep, Too full for sound and foam, When that which drew from out the boundless deep Turns again home. Twilight and evening bell, And after that the dark! And may there be no sadness of farewell, When I embark; For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place The flood may bear me far, I hope to see my Pilot face to face When I have crost the bar.
Ancilla Domini Posted January 16, 2014 Author Posted January 16, 2014 I love Lord Tennyson. One of my favorites: Crossing the Bar By Alfred, Lord Tennyson Sunset and evening star, And one clear call for me! And may there be no moaning of the bar, When I put out to sea, But such a tide as moving seems asleep, Too full for sound and foam, When that which drew from out the boundless deep Turns again home. Twilight and evening bell, And after that the dark! And may there be no sadness of farewell, When I embark; For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place The flood may bear me far, I hope to see my Pilot face to face When I have crost the bar. Wow, that was beautiful! I haven't read much Tennyson - I should read more. P.S. I love your profile picture. ;)
SilentJoy Posted January 16, 2014 Posted January 16, 2014 Do you have a favorite poem, Christina? You can post it here. I'd like to hear some more poetry. (I have a soft spot for it.) I'm not Christina, but I enjoyed Shelley's "Alastor." ... A Spirit seemed To stand beside him -- clothed in no bright robes Of shadowy silver or enshrining light, Borrowed from aught the visible world affords Of grace, or majesty, or mystery; But undulating woods, and silent well, And leaping rivulet, and evening gloom, Now deepening the dark shades, for speech assuming Held commune with him, as if he and it Were all that was; only -- when his regard Was raised by intense pensiveness -- two eyes, Two starry eyes, hung in the gloom of thought, And seemed with their serene and azure smiles To beckon him.
Ancilla Domini Posted January 16, 2014 Author Posted January 16, 2014 This is too good - I can't watch it with a straight face. XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJV-mF6chSg
Ancilla Domini Posted January 16, 2014 Author Posted January 16, 2014 I have an essay on El Cid and the Spanish Reconquista due tonight...what joy. :P
Ancilla Domini Posted January 17, 2014 Author Posted January 17, 2014 I have an essay on El Cid and the Spanish Reconquista due tonight...what joy. :P Severe case of writer's block! :dead2: Prayers would be greatly appreciated! (Especially prayers to St. Joseph of Cupertino. :)) – Cilla
Ancilla Domini Posted January 17, 2014 Author Posted January 17, 2014 (edited) On Monday, I got an email from Sister Maria Simona Pia, the novice mistress of the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate in New Bedford, saying that they were going to be staying at a Sisters of Life convent, 5 minutes away from my music school! I wrote back to them, and asked them if they would still be there on Friday, (today - because that's when I have my music lesson, and I'd be up there) and they responded yesterday saying that they had just gotten back to New Bedford!! :sad: :cry3: :sad2: Edited January 17, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted January 17, 2014 Posted January 17, 2014 Washing day at the nudist camp |---------|
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now