maximillion Posted March 24, 2014 Posted March 24, 2014 I see them all bigger than they really are, or is it that I see them smaller than they really are when I am without the glasses? :think: :crazy:
Ancilla Domini Posted March 24, 2014 Author Posted March 24, 2014 I see them all bigger than they really are, or is it that I see them smaller than they really are when I am without the glasses? :think: :crazy: :think2: :stars:
ChristinaTherese Posted March 24, 2014 Posted March 24, 2014 My theory about glasses: Thus far, I have been as one of the beings chained in Plato's cave, seeing only shadows. Now that I have gotten glasses, I have escaped from the cave of darkness and shadows and I can see things as they truly are! :D Thank you, thank you - yes, I know I'm brilliant. XD See, kiddo, this is why you're awesome. Who else your age would refer to Plato's cave?
Ancilla Domini Posted March 24, 2014 Author Posted March 24, 2014 (edited) See, kiddo, this is why you're amesome. Who else your age would refer to Plato's cave? Aw gee, thanks, Christina...*Cilla shyly traces circles on the ground with her toe*... :blush: :hehe2: :bounce: Edited March 24, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Ancilla Domini Posted March 24, 2014 Author Posted March 24, 2014 Awww, somebody made somebody's day... :saint2: :proud:
Ancilla Domini Posted March 24, 2014 Author Posted March 24, 2014 "Mummy, this is fascinating! I must have the rest of the Dialogues for my 3rd birthday!"
SilentJoy Posted March 25, 2014 Posted March 25, 2014 "Mummy, this is fascinating! I must have the rest of the Dialogues for my 3rd birthday!" "Simply must!"
Ancilla Domini Posted March 25, 2014 Author Posted March 25, 2014 "Mummy, this is fascinating! I must have the rest of the Dialogues for my 3rd birthday!" And then for my 4th Birthday the Summa! And by my fifth declared Dr of the Church! Wow, this kid has a pretty lively future ahead of him...XD
SilentJoy Posted March 25, 2014 Posted March 25, 2014 Wow, this kid has a pretty lively future ahead of him...XD Awwwww, he got hit by a bus. Too bad. :cry3:
Ancilla Domini Posted March 25, 2014 Author Posted March 25, 2014 Awwwww, he got hit by a bus. Too bad. :cry3: Geez, poor kid. The moral of this story: Do not read the Summa in the middle of a busy highway.
Ancilla Domini Posted March 26, 2014 Author Posted March 26, 2014 Philosophy teacher: Hume claims that we cannot know the true shape of the table, because if we look at it from this angle, it's a rectangle, from another angle, it looks like a square, from another, it looks like trapezoid, and so on. Then a smart guy comes along... Me: ...with a tape-measure Yeah, I'm brilliant. I can disprove Hume's philosophy with a tape measure. :P hehe
maximillion Posted March 26, 2014 Posted March 26, 2014 But the tape measure only identifies (possibly) dimension, it does not define shape....... :unsure:
Ancilla Domini Posted March 26, 2014 Author Posted March 26, 2014 But the tape measure only identifies (possibly) dimension, it does not define shape....... :unsure: That's true. But the tape-measure was as far as I could get without doing any thinking. :P
Luigi Posted March 26, 2014 Posted March 26, 2014 (edited) But the tape measure only identifies (possibly) dimension, it does not define shape....... :unsure: Hume, the shape of the table, and the tape measure are all irrelevant philosophical constructs. Wha matters is that the table holds my sammiches! (Cilla, you may have to use your glasses to read this part.) Some people - especially philosophers - have too much time on their hands, and no practicality! Edited March 26, 2014 by Luigi
Ancilla Domini Posted March 26, 2014 Author Posted March 26, 2014 (edited) Hume, the shape of the table, and the tape measure are all irrelevant philosophical constructs. Wha matters is that the table holds my sammiches! (Cilla, you may have to use your glasses to read this part.) Some people - especially philosophers - have too much time on their hands, and no practicality! I personally couldn't care less whether the table that holds my sammiches is round, or square, or the shape of a grand-piano. What matters is whether the sammiches are tasty. :P Edited March 26, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now