SilentJoy Posted March 26, 2014 Posted March 26, 2014 Size and shape are entirely relative to tastiness.
Ancilla Domini Posted March 26, 2014 Author Posted March 26, 2014 Size and shape are entirely relative to tastiness. I disagree. No matter how tasty a ham sandwich is, if it is cut diagonally, it will ruin anyone's appetite. :P
SilentJoy Posted March 26, 2014 Posted March 26, 2014 I disagree. No matter how tasty a ham sandwich is, if it is cut diagonally, it will ruin anyone's appetite. :P Now I know how to get your sammich without actually stealing it...
Ancilla Domini Posted March 26, 2014 Author Posted March 26, 2014 Now I know how to get your sammich without actually stealing it... Now I know never to let you within arm's distance of my sammich...
Ancilla Domini Posted March 28, 2014 Author Posted March 28, 2014 (edited) My new eyes have arrived! :P Edited March 28, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Pia Jesu Posted March 28, 2014 Posted March 28, 2014 "I begin to see an object when I cease to understand it." Thoreau Bottom line: Viewed in certain ways, the whole world is a sammich! :rolleyes:
Ancilla Domini Posted March 28, 2014 Author Posted March 28, 2014 (edited) "I begin to see an object when I cease to understand it." Thoreau Bottom line: Viewed in certain ways, the whole world is a sammich! :rolleyes: According to Parmenides, (a pre-socratic philosopher) there is no change, which results in there being only one thing in the world, of which we are all basically just bits. According to this philosophy, maybe we're all bits of sammich! :P Edited March 28, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
SilentJoy Posted March 28, 2014 Posted March 28, 2014 maybe we're all bits of sammich! :P According to the philosophies of dragons, yes.
Pia Jesu Posted March 28, 2014 Posted March 28, 2014 Marvelous insights! A phenomenologist would seek to find the essence of a sammich--by removing such variables as pickles, lettuce, etc. Yet a poet might use the attributes of a pickle (sweet, sour, pickled), for example, as an extended metaphor for the human condition! With lettuce being either wilted or fresh...it could well represent...? Methinks I'm overthinking this...and please don't start a new thread titled "Life is a Taco"! :paco2:
Ancilla Domini Posted March 28, 2014 Author Posted March 28, 2014 Methinks I'm overthinking this...and please don't start a new thread titled "Life is a Taco"! :paco2: One can never overthink sammiches!Hmmm...."Life is a Taco"...I will have to consider this one. :P
Ancilla Domini Posted March 28, 2014 Author Posted March 28, 2014 It's all fun and games until the teacher asks you to describe the pontificate of Julius II...
AnneLine Posted March 29, 2014 Posted March 29, 2014 Carl Sagan would have insisted that we are all bits of Star Stuff.... which means God actually created the Sammich (as well as the Earl who gave it his name) when He lighted the world.... and our joy in said sammich HONORS Him! And in charity, we can square up those diagonals and make a gift of the newly squared sammich for our friends... and enjoy the remains ourselves... thus cooperating with our loving Creator!!!! I bet God loves to cook..... LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!!!!
AnneLine Posted March 29, 2014 Posted March 29, 2014 It's all fun and games until the teacher asks you to describe the pontificate of Julius II... Maybe more like....
Ancilla Domini Posted March 29, 2014 Author Posted March 29, 2014 Maybe more like.... Or maybe: "Sir, are you out of your tiny mind?" (Although, naturally, being a perfectly angelic lady, I would never be as rude as that baby. :P)
Pia Jesu Posted March 30, 2014 Posted March 30, 2014 Along with your brilliant analysis, AnneLine, should we remind our Phriends about the deleterious consequences of overindulgence? Reaching for my 2nd. Egg Salad sandwich, :doh: I recalled Dante's account (in The Inferno) how he and Virgil entered the Circle of the Gluttonous--who had to lie on the ground as "sewage" rained on them. Yeeeooowww! Our Epicurean Maxim for today: Moderation in all things--even sammiches!
Spem in alium Posted March 30, 2014 Posted March 30, 2014 Or maybe: "Sir, are you out of your tiny mind?" (Although, naturally, being a perfectly angelic lady, I would never be as rude as that baby. :P) Ah! Like this, then? :P The double facepalm.
AnneLine Posted March 30, 2014 Posted March 30, 2014 (edited) If I were writing the Divine Comedy, it would be a never-ending liver meal. EUCK! .... and I guess Cod-Liver on Fridays. EUCK EUCK!!!! :eat: :shocking: :sos: :sad: :x :cry3: :whine: :giveup: Fortunately, God is Kind and Merciful... Slow to Anger... and Rich in Mercy! :console: :heart: Edited March 30, 2014 by AnneLine
Ancilla Domini Posted March 30, 2014 Author Posted March 30, 2014 Ah! Like this, then? :P The double facepalm. A weeping angel! Can't stop looking at this picture. :shock: :hehe2:
Ancilla Domini Posted March 30, 2014 Author Posted March 30, 2014 Our Epicurean Maxim for today: Moderation in all things--even sammiches! Brilliant maxim! I agree most wholeheartedly. We must be moderate in the number of sammiches we consume. Reaching for another sammich...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now