An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Think This Is The Beginning Of A Beautiful Phriendship...

Ancilla Domini

ChristinaTherese

Ahhh. Learned a new word - "celli" is a plurality of cellos? Sounds heavenly.  :smile2:

Yes. I kept hearing people singing "the cellos and earth are full of your glory" in choir. It was painful, but I learned to get used to it and be willing to pronounce it the same for uniformity's sake....

Ancilla Domini

I've sometimes tried to kick pigeons. I mean, they need their exercise, right?

Oh, yes. It's a solely charitable action! It's for their own good.

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

Here I am in my new glasses. XD

babyglas.jpg

Actually, I just have the lenses so far. I'm getting the frames on Saturday. Who knows what I'll look like in glasses?!

How have you come this far without glasses?! I wouldn't have made it past 4th grade. But I did graduate the 4th grade, and attribute all of my subsequent successes to my specs. (If I'd found better specs, I might even have considered college.)

Ancilla Domini

How have you come this far without glasses?! I wouldn't have made it past 4th grade. But I did graduate the 4th grade, and attribute all of my subsequent successes to my specs. (If I'd found better specs, I might even have considered college.)

Well, I'm nearsighted, but my "sweet spot," as the doctor called it, is about a foot away from my face, so my schoolwork/homework/computer work is the perfect distance from my eyes, and I didn't notice any vision problems. Then I realized that when I try to read signs more than two feet away, they get really really blurry. So, basically it hadn't really affected me that much until recently. =P

Maybe I'm just being one of those Annoyingly Happy people, but I think you're going to like having glasses. They add a pleasant complication to the facial scenery, kind of like a Victorian gate subtly adds to the personality of a rose garden. There's a new hint of depth, joy and mystery, a little invitation to pause and look more carefully at the dark, unique beauty behind the faintly smiling glass.

Unless you got fat purple plastic ones, like my first pair. No mystery, just tacky grape-ness.

Ancilla Domini

Maybe I'm just being one of those Annoyingly Happy people, but I think you're going to like having glasses. They add a pleasant complication to the facial scenery, kind of like a Victorian gate subtly adds to the personality of a rose garden. There's a new hint of depth, joy and mystery, a little invitation to pause and look more carefully at the dark, unique beauty behind the faintly smiling glass.

Unless you got fat purple plastic ones, like my first pair. No mystery, just tacky grape-ness.

There is a high change that I will like having them, actually. We'll see. :D

Ancilla Domini

My best friend has taken a picture of me and is now photo-shopping different glasses onto it. XD (And trying as best as possible to pick the ones I'm sure to hate. :hehe2:)

maximillion

I have two pairs. Would walk into a bus without the outdoor set and not see the PC screen without the others. Most difficult is shopping, where I have to keep swapping them over! Drat.

Old age creeps up on one!

Never needed glasses till I hit 55. Have two undergrad and three post grad diploma's, all achieved ante the glasses.

maximillion

Oh, I could for sure try THOSE on. Oh yes......., yes!!!!! :bananarap:  :photo:  :woot:  :evil:  :covereyes:

Mia MAXIMA culpa!

Ancilla Domini

My theory about glasses: Thus far, I have been as one of the beings chained in Plato's cave, seeing only shadows. Now that I have gotten glasses, I have escaped from the cave of darkness and shadows and I can see things as they truly are! :D
Thank you, thank you - yes, I know I'm brilliant. XD