Oremoose Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 no need I just thought since this seems to be the beginning of a beautiful phriendship I would share a small milestone.
Ancilla Domini Posted January 30, 2014 Author Posted January 30, 2014 no need I just thought since this seems to be the beginning of a beautiful phriendship I would share a small milestone. Very good choice. :) I just graduated from PM Peep to PM Alien. "One small step for Phatmass, one giant leap for Ancilla Domini..." or something to that effect.
Oremoose Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 that is good i remember when aliens had their own board and subords.
Ancilla Domini Posted February 3, 2014 Author Posted February 3, 2014 (edited) I would have been so embarrassed had I been Maria in The Sound of Music, with all those nuns at my wedding singing, "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?" Couldn't they have chosen a better song? :hehe2: Edited February 3, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Ancilla Domini Posted February 6, 2014 Author Posted February 6, 2014 I just watched Doctor Who for the first time. :)
Oremoose Posted February 6, 2014 Posted February 6, 2014 I just watched Doctor Who for the first time. :) What episode?
Ancilla Domini Posted February 6, 2014 Author Posted February 6, 2014 What episode? The Christmas Invasion. It's one of the first episodes with David Tennant. (I'll go back a few doctors and watch Tom Baker or Peter Davison, next)
Discipulus Romae Posted February 12, 2014 Posted February 12, 2014 go back to S1 EP1, an unearthly child. Best episode EVER. :smile4:
Ancilla Domini Posted February 12, 2014 Author Posted February 12, 2014 go back to S1 EP1, an unearthly child. Best episode EVER. :smile4: When I read that first, I thought you said, "Go back to S1 EP1, you unearthly child!" Thanks, Rock. XD Okey-dokey, I'll watch that one. :)
Discipulus Romae Posted February 12, 2014 Posted February 12, 2014 When I read that first, I thought you said, "Go back to S1 EP1, you unearthly child!" :rotfl2: XD Yeah, the old B&W Dr. Who is Oodles better than the new one in my opinion. There's so much more chivalry and less disgusting weird stuff. In fact, there's NO disgusting weird stuff! :smile4:
Ancilla Domini Posted February 12, 2014 Author Posted February 12, 2014 :rotfl2: XD Yeah, the old B&W Dr. Who is Oodles better than the new one in my opinion. There's so much more chivalry and less disgusting weird stuff. In fact, there's NO disgusting weird stuff! :smile4: "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day." Oh well...I'll prop your comment tomorrow. :D Yeah...B&W is generally better. :) There were some pretty creepy-looking creatures in the new ones! Jeepers...I think I'll go watch the older ones. :D
ChristinaTherese Posted February 12, 2014 Posted February 12, 2014 Um. Yeah, the new ones can be creepy. If I knew a way other than Netflix to watch the old ones legally I'd check them out.... The reason I stopped watching Dr. Who (just on Netflix, not actually while it was airing on TV) was that some of it is so creepy. (The last one I watched was The Satan Pit, which is two episodes, and I can assure you that you never ever want to watch it.)
Discipulus Romae Posted February 12, 2014 Posted February 12, 2014 yeah, the first doctor is so kind. I don't know how after thousands of years he could turn out crazy and random like the new ones. I still haven't gotten through the first season yet, there are 30-40 episodes, so school will always be first priority..... or at least it should be.... *Gets back to doing last week's tests*
Ancilla Domini Posted February 12, 2014 Author Posted February 12, 2014 1 more prop and I'm a "saint." I wish it were that easy in real life ... :saint2:
Ancilla Domini Posted February 12, 2014 Author Posted February 12, 2014 NTP propped my post. Thank you for concluding my canonization process, NTP! :winner:
Deus te Amat Posted February 12, 2014 Posted February 12, 2014 This is Just to Say by William Carlos Williams I have eaten the plums that were in the icebox and which you were probably saving for breakfast Forgive me they were delicious so sweet and so cold You're welcome
Ancilla Domini Posted February 12, 2014 Author Posted February 12, 2014 This is Just to Say by William Carlos Williams I have eaten the plums that were in the icebox and which you were probably saving for breakfast Forgive me they were delicious so sweet and so cold You're welcome Tableau at Twilight, by Ogden Nash I sit in the dusk. I am all alone. Enter a child and an ice-cream cone. A parent is easily beguiled By sight of this coniferous child. The friendly embers warmer gleam, The cone begins to drip ice cream. Cones are composed of many a vitamin. My lap is not the place to bitamin. Although my raiment is not chinchilla, I flinch to see it become vanilla. Coniferous child, when vanilla melts I’d rather it melted somewhere else. Exit child with remains of cone. I sit in the dusk. I am all alone, Muttering spells like an angry Druid, Alone, in the dusk, with the cleaning fluid. You're welcome.
Deus te Amat Posted February 12, 2014 Posted February 12, 2014 (edited) That was most excellent. He Foretells His Passing by F. D. Reeve I can imagine, years from now, your coming back to this high, old, white house. "Home" I shouldn't say because we can't predict who'll live here with a different name. How tall the birches will be then. Will you look up from the road past the ash for light in the study windows upstairs and down? Go climb the black maple as first in new sneakers you walked forty feet in air and saw the life to come. Don't forget the cats. Because you grow away from a house, no matter how much you come back, if the people you love are elsewhere, or if the reason is, say, nostalgia, don't worry about small changes or lost names. Sit down for a minute under the tallest birch. Look up at the clouds reflected in the red barn's twisted window. Lean on the wall. Hear our voices as at first they shook the plaster, laughed, then burned in the dry air like a wooden house. I imagine you won't forget the cats. Edited February 12, 2014 by Deus_te_Amat
Ancilla Domini Posted February 20, 2014 Author Posted February 20, 2014 My voice teacher just gave me a new song - Gabriel Faurè's "En Prière." Now I'm preparing three songs: Caro Mio Ben, by Giuseppe Giordani The Moon and I, by William S. Gilbert and Arthur S. Sullivan En Prière, by Gabriel Faurè :)
Ancilla Domini Posted February 25, 2014 Author Posted February 25, 2014 What would you all say is your very favorite city/town in the world? Favorite country? If you were given a blank airplane ticket, where would you go?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now