Ancilla Domini Posted February 26, 2014 Author Posted February 26, 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZjxN3wd6M8
ChristinaTherese Posted February 26, 2014 Posted February 26, 2014 Assisi, Corbie, Rome or Lisieux for a blank check for a trip. Favorite place would have to be the mountains somewhere.
Ancilla Domini Posted March 1, 2014 Author Posted March 1, 2014 I've applied! Today, I sent in my submission to audition to the Juilliard pre-college voice program. :) My mom: Now, all you have to do is sing! Sure thing! :whistle:
Ancilla Domini Posted March 4, 2014 Author Posted March 4, 2014 Going to see Borodin's Prince Igor at the Metropolitan Opera House, tomorrow night!! :yahoo:
ChristinaTherese Posted March 4, 2014 Posted March 4, 2014 Borodin! I've liked everything of his that I've heard. Enjoy!
Ancilla Domini Posted March 4, 2014 Author Posted March 4, 2014 Borodin! I've liked everything of his that I've heard. Enjoy! I love Borodin! His second string quartet is, I believe, my very favorite string quartet ever. I'm looking forward to it!
ChristinaTherese Posted March 4, 2014 Posted March 4, 2014 Um. Yes, That is a lovely quartet. I need to listen to it again, sometime when I can just relax into the music. By the way, have you read/seen The Importance of Being Earnest? It's a good play, by Oscar Wilde. I might go see it with some friends in a couple of weeks.
Ancilla Domini Posted March 5, 2014 Author Posted March 5, 2014 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGNObWgU2Qw
Ancilla Domini Posted March 6, 2014 Author Posted March 6, 2014 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z91n5Vskjg
Ancilla Domini Posted March 6, 2014 Author Posted March 6, 2014 This is one of the most brilliant renditions of Mark Antony's speech that I have ever heard. Marlon Brando never ceases to amaze me. :Dhttp://www.schooltube.com/video/0ef0e1acf89da53e0b25/Julius-Caesar-1953-Mark-Antony-speech
maximillion Posted March 9, 2014 Posted March 9, 2014 This is not the best recording of her but I think she sings it best. I love this and I love the film DIVA that it came from. www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hsmoo97CVA&list=PLVRFSpH0ErmXgFwDZl-ohnn5uv1YswyhZ
Ancilla Domini Posted March 9, 2014 Author Posted March 9, 2014 That's it? Pfft, noob... It's better than my measly 520. :D
PhuturePriest Posted March 9, 2014 Posted March 9, 2014 It's better than my measly 520. :D Yours and his props combined are a fraction of the amount I have.
Ancilla Domini Posted March 9, 2014 Author Posted March 9, 2014 Yours and his props combined are a fraction of the amount I have. However my number of props are 47% of the number of my posts, and your props are only 37% of the number of your posts. You may have quantity, but I have quality. :)
PhuturePriest Posted March 9, 2014 Posted March 9, 2014 However my number of props are 47% of the number of my posts, and your props are only 37% of the number of your posts. You may have quantity, but I have quality. :) Mine were about that when I had your amount of posts. Keep in mind Phatmass has gone through many periods where props were switched on and off as well, so posts of mine that would have been propped were not. ;)
Chrysophylax Posted March 10, 2014 Posted March 10, 2014 This seems to be the place for poetry, so have another! Or two... Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost Nature's first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower; But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf. So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day. Nothing gold can stay. And the reason I put that one here is because I love this response to it: Only To Rise by Nathan Schmiedicke The first tree-flowers float wisp on water, though it's air. Each prism parallel, suspended there. Suspended there as sap is rising, growing as it stays, Bending under sap's height, Giving praise. Giving praise, but oh, they have been bent growing green for which they fade. Singing only to be silent. To rest laid. To rest, laid low in earth's brown dust, the Autumn grey dust they had been, Again themselves to dust, but born Again to all things then. Again to all things then they're flying tallest mountains, highest skies, All things green and good are falling, Only to rise.
Ancilla Domini Posted March 12, 2014 Author Posted March 12, 2014 We talked about Benedict's rule and Benedictines in Literature, today. :) I could have danced all night! I could have danced all night!
maximillion Posted March 13, 2014 Posted March 13, 2014 When I visited the Bennies for a week and was discerning, the NM gave me a copy of his Rule to read, asking a few days later what I thought of it. Me: "It's short."
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now