Ancilla Domini Posted March 13, 2014 Author Posted March 13, 2014 Love this song. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWOsP_wly0
SilentJoy Posted March 18, 2014 Posted March 18, 2014 (edited) [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dakd7EIgBE[/url] Edited March 18, 2014 by SilentJoy
ChristinaTherese Posted March 18, 2014 Posted March 18, 2014 Nice. I wonder how much effort it took to make that cave.... I mean, it's got to be a man-made fake ice cave because a) you don't take instruments you care about into cold places and play them (especially not woodwinds, the heat inside and cold outside can crack the wood very fast), b) cold fingers aren't exactly nimble anyway, c) Where would you even find a real one? Wouldn't it be expensive to travel to it?, and d) the view from the top they showed at the end doesn't look like anything you could find in nature. So, how much effort/time/money does it cost to make a cave like that?
SilentJoy Posted March 18, 2014 Posted March 18, 2014 Nice. I wonder how much effort it took to make that cave.... I mean, it's got to be a man-made fake ice cave because a) you don't take instruments you care about into cold places and play them (especially not woodwinds, the heat inside and cold outside can crack the wood very fast), b) cold fingers aren't exactly nimble anyway, c) Where would you even find a real one? Wouldn't it be expensive to travel to it?, and d) the view from the top they showed at the end doesn't look like anything you could find in nature. So, how much effort/time/money does it cost to make a cave like that? Towards the end I think there's a link to watch how it was all done. Its pretty cool!
ChristinaTherese Posted March 18, 2014 Posted March 18, 2014 What I found out that it is a real ice castle. I'll respond to my objections in order: a) It's not like that's his good cello. I mean, good celli look like wood, not like they have a coat of paint. (Okay, this might have a bit to do with the fact that it's really hard to take a non-wood looking cello seriously, even if it sounds great. Like a plastic clarinet. Carbon fiber bows are getting pretty decent at least, but it takes time for snobbery among musicians against carbon fiber bows to die down. They used to be awful, so they must be awful.) But that probably isn't his best cello. (Note: I was right, he said it was a stunt cello.) b) Well, the cellist has partial finger gloves on. And they can always do the shoot and use sound they recorded in the studio. It's done all the time, I think, although I don't really know. (I mean, the tuning alone would have serious issues. The pianist said that the piano was losing its ability to play. And if they were talking behind the camera, they're not going to leave that background noise in.) c) It's in Norway. I have no idea about costs, but they did it. d) It's an ice castle. Are they natural? (maybe, maybe not) Do they have to be natural? (I don't think so) Anyway, cool explanation video. And I was wrong.
SilentJoy Posted March 19, 2014 Posted March 19, 2014 Ahhh. Learned a new word - "celli" is a plurality of cellos? Sounds heavenly. :smile2:
ChristinaTherese Posted March 20, 2014 Posted March 20, 2014 Ahhh. Learned a new word - "celli" is a plurality of cellos? Sounds heavenly. :smile2: Yes. I kept hearing people singing "the cellos and earth are full of your glory" in choir. It was painful, but I learned to get used to it and be willing to pronounce it the same for uniformity's sake....
Ancilla Domini Posted March 20, 2014 Author Posted March 20, 2014 Spring is here!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY&feature=kp
ChristinaTherese Posted March 20, 2014 Posted March 20, 2014 I've sometimes tried to kick pigeons. I mean, they need their exercise, right?
Ancilla Domini Posted March 20, 2014 Author Posted March 20, 2014 (edited) I've sometimes tried to kick pigeons. I mean, they need their exercise, right? Oh, yes. It's a solely charitable action! It's for their own good. Edited March 20, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Ancilla Domini Posted March 20, 2014 Author Posted March 20, 2014 Here I am in my new glasses. XD Actually, I just have the lenses so far. I'm getting the frames on Saturday. Who knows what I'll look like in glasses?!
SilentJoy Posted March 20, 2014 Posted March 20, 2014 How have you come this far without glasses?! I wouldn't have made it past 4th grade. But I did graduate the 4th grade, and attribute all of my subsequent successes to my specs. (If I'd found better specs, I might even have considered college.)
Ancilla Domini Posted March 21, 2014 Author Posted March 21, 2014 How have you come this far without glasses?! I wouldn't have made it past 4th grade. But I did graduate the 4th grade, and attribute all of my subsequent successes to my specs. (If I'd found better specs, I might even have considered college.) Well, I'm nearsighted, but my "sweet spot," as the doctor called it, is about a foot away from my face, so my schoolwork/homework/computer work is the perfect distance from my eyes, and I didn't notice any vision problems. Then I realized that when I try to read signs more than two feet away, they get really really blurry. So, basically it hadn't really affected me that much until recently. =P
SilentJoy Posted March 21, 2014 Posted March 21, 2014 Maybe I'm just being one of those Annoyingly Happy people, but I think you're going to like having glasses. They add a pleasant complication to the facial scenery, kind of like a Victorian gate subtly adds to the personality of a rose garden. There's a new hint of depth, joy and mystery, a little invitation to pause and look more carefully at the dark, unique beauty behind the faintly smiling glass. Unless you got fat purple plastic ones, like my first pair. No mystery, just tacky grape-ness.
Ancilla Domini Posted March 21, 2014 Author Posted March 21, 2014 Maybe I'm just being one of those Annoyingly Happy people, but I think you're going to like having glasses. They add a pleasant complication to the facial scenery, kind of like a Victorian gate subtly adds to the personality of a rose garden. There's a new hint of depth, joy and mystery, a little invitation to pause and look more carefully at the dark, unique beauty behind the faintly smiling glass. Unless you got fat purple plastic ones, like my first pair. No mystery, just tacky grape-ness. There is a high change that I will like having them, actually. We'll see. :D
Ancilla Domini Posted March 21, 2014 Author Posted March 21, 2014 My best friend has taken a picture of me and is now photo-shopping different glasses onto it. XD (And trying as best as possible to pick the ones I'm sure to hate. :hehe2:)
maximillion Posted March 21, 2014 Posted March 21, 2014 I have two pairs. Would walk into a bus without the outdoor set and not see the PC screen without the others. Most difficult is shopping, where I have to keep swapping them over! Drat. Old age creeps up on one! Never needed glasses till I hit 55. Have two undergrad and three post grad diploma's, all achieved ante the glasses.
Ancilla Domini Posted March 21, 2014 Author Posted March 21, 2014 I'm having more fun on this website than should be legally allowed... http://www.visionexpress.com/glasses/tryon/
maximillion Posted March 21, 2014 Posted March 21, 2014 Oh, I could for sure try THOSE on. Oh yes......., yes!!!!! :bananarap: :photo: :woot: :evil: :covereyes: Mia MAXIMA culpa!
Ancilla Domini Posted March 23, 2014 Author Posted March 23, 2014 My theory about glasses: Thus far, I have been as one of the beings chained in Plato's cave, seeing only shadows. Now that I have gotten glasses, I have escaped from the cave of darkness and shadows and I can see things as they truly are! :D Thank you, thank you - yes, I know I'm brilliant. XD
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now