maximillion Posted April 30, 2014 Posted April 30, 2014 Wow. Some awful things in the military might just cease if this were still in use today.......
Ancilla Domini Posted May 3, 2014 Author Posted May 3, 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bpIbdZhrzA
maximillion Posted May 4, 2014 Posted May 4, 2014 The original boombox.....Victor Borge! Love him, and Tom Lehrer.
Ancilla Domini Posted May 4, 2014 Author Posted May 4, 2014 The original boombox.....Victor Borge! Love him, and Tom Lehrer. Love Tom Lehrer! I think I've posted one of his songs here already...can't remember, though.
maximillion Posted May 5, 2014 Posted May 5, 2014 Let's go poison some pigeons in the park. Or maybe join the folksong army. Or sing the vatican rag! :hehe2:
Ancilla Domini Posted May 5, 2014 Author Posted May 5, 2014 Let's go poison some pigeons in the park. Or maybe join the folksong army. Or sing the vatican rag! :hehe2: Or maybe, When We're Old and Grey, we could participate in National Brotherhood Week! :P
Ancilla Domini Posted May 5, 2014 Author Posted May 5, 2014 What are the chances of my being able to prepare for a debate, write an essay, and read "The Screwtape Letters" by tomorrow morning at 8:15? :cry4: actually, more like: :wall: I am so happy school is almost over. XP P.S. - I always prevail in the end! :P
ChristinaTherese Posted May 6, 2014 Posted May 6, 2014 It depends. How long is the essay, how much time do you need to prepare for the debate, and how much of The Screwtape Letters do you really need to read? And do you really need to sleep? (The answer is yes. You do need to sleep. Sluff (apparently it should be spelled slough) homework, but don't pull allnighters.) Oh, are you still here reading this? You might be doing the whole sleeping after you get the necessary work done thing wrong.
Ancilla Domini Posted May 6, 2014 Author Posted May 6, 2014 It depends. How long is the essay, how much time do you need to prepare for the debate, and how much of The Screwtape Letters do you really need to read? And do you really need to sleep? (The answer is yes. You do need to sleep. Sluff (apparently it should be spelled slough) homework, but don't pull allnighters.) Oh, are you still here reading this? You might be doing the whole sleeping after you get the necessary work done thing wrong. Debate I can finish. The essay is short. Progress in The Screwtape Letters: Page...1? Yes, I know...mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...this is what happens when your mother signs makes you take 14 courses. :P
ChristinaTherese Posted May 6, 2014 Posted May 6, 2014 Debate I can finish.The essay is short.Progress in The Screwtape Letters: Page...1? Yes, I know...mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...this is what happens when your mother signs makes you take 14 courses. :PI asked, how much you really need to read. Not how much you have left. See, cutting corners is a thing. You too can learn how to do the least work possible and not actually read every book. :P (It's a fantastic book. I'm not saying don't read it. I'm just asking how much you really need to worry about reading all of it right now. Also, I'm not really saying you should learn how to be lazy about homework. Um.)
xTrishaxLynnx Posted May 6, 2014 Posted May 6, 2014 In that case I would skim or maybe even resort to reading summaries somewhere online and realize that you may miss a lot of detail, but it's better than not having any clue what's going on at all. Then I'd read the book later, if there are other assignments associated with it besides just having it read by tomorrow.
Ancilla Domini Posted May 6, 2014 Author Posted May 6, 2014 I asked, how much you really need to read. Not how much you have left. See, cutting corners is a thing. You too can learn how to do the least work possible and not actually read every book. :P (It's a fantastic book. I'm not saying don't read it. I'm just asking how much you really need to worry about reading all of it right now. Also, I'm not really saying you should learn how to be lazy about homework. Um.) I'm probably going to just read some summary of some sort. I'll definitely read the book later - I've been wanting to - but I can't do it by tomorrow. P.S. I need this book - http://www.amazon.com/Talk-About-Books-Havent-Read/dp/1596915439
SilentJoy Posted May 6, 2014 Posted May 6, 2014 I don't understand why this thread is still alive and my "end of beautiful phriendship" passed on...doesn't EVERYONE want to end a beautiful phriendship? I feel so alienated. :hehe2:
Ancilla Domini Posted May 7, 2014 Author Posted May 7, 2014 I don't understand why this thread is still alive and my "end of beautiful phriendship" passed on...doesn't EVERYONE want to end a beautiful phriendship? I feel so alienated. :hehe2: They already ended the beautiful phriendship, which is why they're not commenting on your post anymore. :P But this is a different beautiful phriendship from the one you ended, so it's still alive! :hehe2:
Ancilla Domini Posted May 15, 2014 Author Posted May 15, 2014 Only 11 days of school left!!! :yahoo: :cheer: :yahoo: :cheer: :yahoo: :cheer: :yahoo:
Ancilla Domini Posted May 15, 2014 Author Posted May 15, 2014 Yay!!!!!! What will you do when school is out? FRANCEEEE!!!!! I'm going on the Chartres Pilgrimage, from Notre Dame, Paris, to Chartres Cathedral. I leave on June 4th!
maximillion Posted May 15, 2014 Posted May 15, 2014 Oh yes, sorry my bad, you said that already. Okay. So now I am officially green and must confess to jealousy. My ability to import my fav French food is as nothing compared to this. Will you walk the labyrinth for me if it is uncovered? I last walked it in RL as a postulant. :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :blush:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now