An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Think This Is The Beginning Of A Beautiful Phriendship...

Ancilla Domini

maximillion

Wow.

Some awful things in the military might just cease if this were still in use today.......

Ancilla Domini

The original boombox.....Victor Borge!

Love him, and Tom Lehrer.

Love Tom Lehrer! I think I've posted one of his songs here already...can't remember, though.

maximillion

Let's go poison some pigeons in the park.

Or maybe join the folksong army.

Or sing the vatican rag! :hehe2:

Ancilla Domini

Let's go poison some pigeons in the park.

Or maybe join the folksong army.

Or sing the vatican rag! :hehe2:

Or maybe, When We're Old and Grey, we could participate in National Brotherhood Week! :P

Ancilla Domini

What are the chances of my being able to prepare for a debate, write an essay, and read "The Screwtape Letters" by tomorrow morning at 8:15?

:cry4:

actually, more like:

:wall:

I am so happy school is almost over. XP

P.S. - I always prevail in the end! :P

ChristinaTherese

It depends. How long is the essay, how much time do you need to prepare for the debate, and how much of The Screwtape Letters do you really need to read? And do you really need to sleep? (The answer is yes. You do need to sleep. Sluff (apparently it should be spelled slough) homework, but don't pull allnighters.) Oh, are you still here reading this? You might be doing the whole sleeping after you get the necessary work done thing wrong.

Ancilla Domini

It depends. How long is the essay, how much time do you need to prepare for the debate, and how much of The Screwtape Letters do you really need to read? And do you really need to sleep? (The answer is yes. You do need to sleep. Sluff (apparently it should be spelled slough) homework, but don't pull allnighters.) Oh, are you still here reading this? You might be doing the whole sleeping after you get the necessary work done thing wrong.

Debate I can finish.

The essay is short.

Progress in The Screwtape Letters: Page...1? Yes, I know...mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...this is what happens when your mother signs makes you take 14 courses. :P

ChristinaTherese

Debate I can finish.
The essay is short.
Progress in The Screwtape Letters: Page...1? Yes, I know...mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...this is what happens when your mother signs makes you take 14 courses. :P

I asked, how much you really need to read. Not how much you have left. See, cutting corners is a thing. You too can learn how to do the least work possible and not actually read every book. :P (It's a fantastic book. I'm not saying don't read it. I'm just asking how much you really need to worry about reading all of it right now. Also, I'm not really saying you should learn how to be lazy about homework. Um.)

xTrishaxLynnx

In that case I would skim or maybe even resort to reading summaries somewhere online and realize that you may miss a lot of detail, but it's better than not having any clue what's going on at all. Then I'd read the book later, if there are other assignments associated with it besides just having it read by tomorrow.

Ancilla Domini

I asked, how much you really need to read. Not how much you have left. See, cutting corners is a thing. You too can learn how to do the least work possible and not actually read every book. :P (It's a fantastic book. I'm not saying don't read it. I'm just asking how much you really need to worry about reading all of it right now. Also, I'm not really saying you should learn how to be lazy about homework. Um.)

I'm probably going to just read some summary of some sort. I'll definitely read the book later - I've been wanting to - but I can't do it by tomorrow.

P.S. I need this book - http://www.amazon.com/Talk-About-Books-Havent-Read/dp/1596915439

SilentJoy

I don't understand why this thread is still alive and my "end of beautiful phriendship" passed on...doesn't EVERYONE want to end a beautiful phriendship? I feel so alienated. 

:hehe2:

Ancilla Domini

I don't understand why this thread is still alive and my "end of beautiful phriendship" passed on...doesn't EVERYONE want to end a beautiful phriendship? I feel so alienated. 

:hehe2:

They already ended the beautiful phriendship, which is why they're not commenting on your post anymore. :P

But this is a different beautiful phriendship from the one you ended, so it's still alive! :hehe2: