maximillion Posted August 23, 2014 Posted August 23, 2014 Love the Water Music....... You'll be fine. Just practise a bit.
Ancilla Domini Posted August 23, 2014 Author Posted August 23, 2014 Considering with what ease my best friend and I can quote from a hundred different movies in the course of a 5 minute conversation, we probably sound something like this: :P
brandelynmarie Posted August 23, 2014 Posted August 23, 2014 My best friend & I do something similar with movies from the 80's & comedians...it's so much fun. :)
Ancilla Domini Posted August 23, 2014 Author Posted August 23, 2014 I was out at dinner the other day with some friends, and I quoted a movie that my best friend and I both love to pieces, and it just fit so beautifully into the conversation that if you didn't know the quote like the back of your hand, you'd just let it slide. And I sorta looked around half-expecting someone to respond and then remembered that when my best friend is not at the dinner-table, no one understands my insanity. XD
brandelynmarie Posted August 24, 2014 Posted August 24, 2014 (edited) Amen, sister ;) There's also a guy I work with who throws movie quotes into conversations. It's always funny to see who gets it & who doesn't :hehe2: Edited August 24, 2014 by brandelynmarie
Ancilla Domini Posted August 24, 2014 Author Posted August 24, 2014 I actually had a teacher in my online classes who was like that. XD He knew that I was the only person in class who watched old movies, and he'd throw out all these old movie quotes that only he and I would understand. Then he'd get a kick out of the fact that I would giggle and no one else would know why. :P
Ancilla Domini Posted August 25, 2014 Author Posted August 25, 2014 I just sketched my first portrait that actually looked like its model! :winner: (My portraits are generally good, but don't look like their models. :P)
chrysostom Posted August 26, 2014 Posted August 26, 2014 Edward Thomas, "Snow" In the gloom of whiteness, In the great silence of snow, A child was sighing And bitterly saying: 'Oh, They have killed a white bird up there on her nest, The down is fluttering from her breast!' And still it fell through that dusky brightness On the child crying for the bird of the snow.
Ancilla Domini Posted August 26, 2014 Author Posted August 26, 2014 Edward Thomas, "Snow" That's beautiful. Thanks for posting it.
Ancilla Domini Posted August 26, 2014 Author Posted August 26, 2014 First thing History teacher says to me, "Oh, Cilla, you are so smart!" It's going to be a good year...:P
Ancilla Domini Posted August 31, 2014 Author Posted August 31, 2014 So, I'm playing the violin three times at my cousin's wedding. :) I'm playing a Chorus from Judas Maccabeus (Hail the Conquering Hero Comes) as a prelude before the ceremony starts. Then I'm playing Bach's Arioso at the exchange of rings. And finally, I'm playing Handel's Watermusic after the recessional. :)
ChristinaTherese Posted August 31, 2014 Posted August 31, 2014 I love the Arioso! It's one of my favorite things to play.
Ancilla Domini Posted August 31, 2014 Author Posted August 31, 2014 I love the Arioso! It's one of my favorite things to play. Yes! It's so beautiful! I thought it would be a good piece to play there because it's not loud and it's sweet and slow without being melancholy. :)) I really love it. (I've actually had some fun with it, like a jigsaw puzzle, because I'm not sure how long the exchange of rings is going to be, so I've written myself little notes on the music saying things like, "If it looks like you don't have that much time left, skip to measure 30" or "If you need to wrap things up here, cut out suchandsuch a note and add vii-I cadence here" and stuff like that. :P I'm sure I'll have time to play it all, since it's not all that long, if you play it straight through, and I probably won't need to use my edits, but I'd like to have them in case of necessity. :))
Ancilla Domini Posted September 2, 2014 Author Posted September 2, 2014 And today...life started. :P First class today!
Ancilla Domini Posted September 3, 2014 Author Posted September 3, 2014 Prepare for a lot of these. XD (It also boosts my post count. :hehe: )
Ancilla Domini Posted September 3, 2014 Author Posted September 3, 2014 Amira Willighagen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jchu6Kzte4
Ancilla Domini Posted September 3, 2014 Author Posted September 3, 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0htOHTOtHY
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now