Ancilla Domini Posted September 18, 2014 Author Posted September 18, 2014 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeaFtDzNNaw
Ancilla Domini Posted September 20, 2014 Author Posted September 20, 2014 (edited) Trying to figure out how to make spoiler-alerts... [/*spoiler] Testing 1,2,3... [/*spoiler] [/spoiler] Testing 1,2,3... [/spoiler] Ok...I'm lost....anyone know how to do that? Edited September 20, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
puellapaschalis Posted September 20, 2014 Posted September 20, 2014 For those who haven't yet seen the film Titanic, a spoiler alert: [spoiler]it sinks. They all die (eventually)[/spoiler]
SilentJoy Posted September 21, 2014 Posted September 21, 2014 For those who haven't yet seen the film Titanic, a spoiler alert: [spoiler]it sinks. They all die (eventually)[/spoiler] Well golly be...
Ancilla Domini Posted October 27, 2014 Author Posted October 27, 2014 100% on my math exam! Exam week has started out very well. :cheer: :yahoo:
AnneLine Posted October 30, 2014 Posted October 30, 2014 (edited) That was DREADFUL, Cilla! :hehe2: :winner: You might enjoy this guy, too! [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cILZ_cB3_so&index=1&list=PLdYNrapnGaypwYLeWGSBskugiE36rAgBZ[/media] Now you think about walking across America with us! You can guesstimate walking mileage... we're cool with that... AND you can even get 10 miles a week for just BREATHING!!!! But you like quirky, and trust me, we are finding quirky! :) Edited October 30, 2014 by AnneLine
Ancilla Domini Posted November 7, 2014 Author Posted November 7, 2014 I went square-dancing on Saturday! (More technically, it was contra-dancing, which is like square-dancing.) I was really skeptical about it and, quite frankly, didn't want to go at all. I was chatting friends of mine and asking them if they had any tips for me on how to deter people from asking me to dance. :P I had never danced with anyone but my dad and my brother before, and, even then, only about 3 times, so I was afraid it would be kind of awkward... Anyhow, I went; and it was awesome! I'm so glad I decided to go. :) It wasn't awkward in the slightest - everyone was just having fun and goofing off. It was really nifty. One of the rules of contra-dancing is that you're not allowed to ask the same person to dance twice in an evening, unless you've already danced with everyone, so I danced with practically everyone there. :P Most of them were pretty good dancers, but one...oh my landsakes was he horrid!! So terribly, embarrassingly horrid! Every time we had to swing, he would jab his knees really hard into my legs. (SO uncomfortable). Also, another thing: in the dance I danced with him, we had to swing across the room to another couple of dancers and then do steps with them in a group of four. Every time we had to move to another couple, he would scan the room, choose the couple he wanted to dance with, grab me, and pull me across the room, paying no attention to HOW he was getting there and how many people he smashed into on the way. :P It was...an interesting experience. Anyhow, the rest of the dancers were pretty good, so I had a fantastic time! There were about 2 and a half hours of dances, all together, and I danced every single dance! :) It was really a blast. The group that organized it (a group of home-schoolers) has organized another dance in January. I'll probably go again. :)
ChristinaTherese Posted November 7, 2014 Posted November 7, 2014 Sweet! Dancing is great fun. (Well, most types are.)
Spem in alium Posted November 7, 2014 Posted November 7, 2014 I love to dance. I can waltz, but have never done square dancing. It sounds fun!
Spem in alium Posted November 8, 2014 Posted November 8, 2014 Irish dancing is where it's at! This was epic: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7auErQnU6fU[/youtube] I once took a lesson in Irish dancing, and I wish I'd been able to take it up properly. My primary (elementary) school has a lot of Irish heritage, and when I was there some students used to put on Irish dancing performances for us. So awesome!
Ancilla Domini Posted November 15, 2014 Author Posted November 15, 2014 98% on my history quarterly-essay! And a 100% quarter-average in math! :) It's been a good quarter...
AnneLine Posted November 15, 2014 Posted November 15, 2014 Nice! Don't forget to post that walking mileage as well... and your book counts.... then you REALLY will take home all the gold!
Ancilla Domini Posted November 18, 2014 Author Posted November 18, 2014 (edited) Marine Sergeant Frank Praytor found an abandoned two-week old kitten in Korea in 1953. He called her "Miss Hap," because "she was born at the wrong place at the wrong time." *eyes tear up* Edited November 18, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Ancilla Domini Posted November 19, 2014 Author Posted November 19, 2014 (edited) Does anyone here like Jerry Lewis? I know the response to him is either an "I love him to pieces!!!" or "I hate everything about him...get him out of my sight!" :hehe2: Really, though - there's got to be someone here who is as big a fan as I am. :P Edited November 19, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Spem in alium Posted November 19, 2014 Posted November 19, 2014 Does anyone here like Jerry Lewis? I know the response to him is either an "I love him to pieces!!!" or "I hate everything about him...get him out of my sight!" :hehe2: Really, though - there's got to be someone here who is as big a fan as I am. :P And a third response - I'm ambivalent. :P I haven't seen enough of his work to have that strong an opinion. :)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now