An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Think This Is The Beginning Of A Beautiful Phriendship...

Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

So, I'm playing the violin three times at my cousin's wedding. :)

I'm playing a Chorus from Judas Maccabeus (Hail the Conquering Hero Comes) as a prelude before the ceremony starts.

Then I'm playing Bach's Arioso at the exchange of rings.

And finally, I'm playing Handel's Watermusic after the recessional. :)

Ancilla Domini

I love the Arioso! It's one of my favorite things to play.

Yes! It's so beautiful! I thought it would be a good piece to play there because it's not loud and it's sweet and slow without being melancholy. :)) I really love it.

(I've actually had some fun with it, like a jigsaw puzzle, because I'm not sure how long the exchange of rings is going to be, so I've written myself little notes on the music saying things like, "If it looks like you don't have that much time left, skip to measure 30" or "If you need to wrap things up here, cut out suchandsuch a note and add vii-I cadence here" and stuff like that. :P I'm sure I'll have time to play it all, since it's not all that long, if you play it straight through, and I probably won't need to use my edits, but I'd like to have them in case of necessity. :))

Ancilla Domini

My mother says she's horrible, but I think she's quite good, for a 9 year old. Which of us do you agree with? :P

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

Love this song. It makes me sad. :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjBTcuaQ-EY

Edited by Ancilla Domini

ChristinaTherese

So you haven't actually played before? (I mean, not that I'm one to talk. You converted me to being a tennis fan during the Austraian Open and I can't really hold a racket properly anymore. I tried to learn back in high school, but I started having bad migraines that made it difficult. Maybe someday. And it's not like being able to play is required, or there wouldn't be very many sports fans.)

Edited by Christina Thérèse