An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Think This Is The Beginning Of A Beautiful Phriendship...

Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

Trying to figure out how to make spoiler-alerts...

[/*spoiler] Testing 1,2,3... [/*spoiler]

[/spoiler] Testing 1,2,3... [/spoiler]

Ok...I'm lost....anyone know how to do that?

Edited by Ancilla Domini

For those who haven't yet seen the film Titanic, a spoiler alert:

[spoiler]it sinks. They all die (eventually)[/spoiler]

Well golly be...

• 1 month later...

That was DREADFUL, Cilla!      :hehe2:  :winner:

You might enjoy this guy, too!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cILZ_cB3_so&index=1&list=PLdYNrapnGaypwYLeWGSBskugiE36rAgBZ[/media]

Now you think about walking across America with us!  You can guesstimate walking mileage... we're cool with that... AND you can even get 10 miles a week for just BREATHING!!!!  But you like quirky, and trust me, we are finding quirky!   :)

Edited by AnneLine

Ancilla Domini

I went square-dancing on Saturday! (More technically, it was contra-dancing, which is like square-dancing.) I was really skeptical about it and, quite frankly, didn't want to go at all. I was chatting friends of mine and asking them if they had any tips for me on how to deter people from asking me to dance. :P I had never danced with anyone but my dad and my brother before, and, even then, only about 3 times, so I was afraid it would be kind of awkward...

Anyhow, I went; and it was awesome! I'm so glad I decided to go. :) It wasn't awkward in the slightest - everyone was just having fun and goofing off. It was really nifty.

One of the rules of contra-dancing is that you're not allowed to ask the same person to dance twice in an evening, unless you've already danced with everyone, so I danced with practically everyone there. :P Most of them were pretty good dancers, but one...oh my landsakes was he horrid!! So terribly, embarrassingly horrid! Every time we had to swing, he would jab his knees really hard into my legs. (SO uncomfortable). Also, another thing: in the dance I danced with him, we had to swing across the room to another couple of dancers and then do steps with them in a group of four. Every time we had to move to another couple, he would scan the room, choose the couple he wanted to dance with, grab me, and pull me across the room, paying no attention to HOW he was getting there and how many people he smashed into on the way. :P It was...an interesting experience.

Anyhow, the rest of the dancers were pretty good, so I had a fantastic time! There were about 2 and a half hours of dances, all together, and I danced every single dance! :) It was really a blast. The group that organized it (a group of home-schoolers) has organized another dance in January. I'll probably go again. :)

Spem in alium

Irish dancing is where it's at!

This was epic:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7auErQnU6fU[/youtube]

I once took a lesson in Irish dancing, and I wish I'd been able to take it up properly. My primary (elementary) school has a lot of Irish heritage, and when I was there some students used to put on Irish dancing performances for us. So awesome!