An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Think This Is The Beginning Of A Beautiful Phriendship...

Ancilla Domini

:winner:  :rotfl2:  :rotfl2:

It's a bit scary though, because my foster son seems to be attached by an invisible cord to his phone..........he has dropped it in the john twice, so last time he bought a waterproof one.

When I asked him why he was answering it at that time and could it not wait, he just gave me that look.

Ancilla Domini

I've been asked to play the violin at my cousin's wedding... :shocking: SCARY!

I was just told what I'm going to be playing - I'm going to play Handel's Water Music Suite during the groom's entrance. *begins freaking out a month early* :P

Ancilla Domini

Considering with what ease my best friend and I can quote from a hundred different movies in the course of a 5 minute conversation, we probably sound something like this: :P

Casablanca_HD.jpg

brandelynmarie

My best friend & I do something similar with movies from the 80's & comedians...it's so much fun. :)

Ancilla Domini

I was out at dinner the other day with some friends, and I quoted a movie that my best friend and I both love to pieces, and it just fit so beautifully into the conversation that if you didn't know the quote like the back of your hand, you'd just let it slide. And I sorta looked around half-expecting someone to respond and then remembered that when my best friend is not at the dinner-table, no one understands my insanity. XD

brandelynmarie

Amen, sister ;) There's also a guy I work with who throws movie quotes into conversations. It's always funny to see who gets it & who doesn't :hehe2:

Edited by brandelynmarie

Ancilla Domini

I actually had a teacher in my online classes who was like that. XD He knew that I was the only person in class who watched old movies, and he'd throw out all these old movie quotes that only he and I would understand. Then he'd get a kick out of the fact that I would giggle and no one else would know why. :P

Ancilla Domini

I just sketched my first portrait that actually looked like its model! :winner: (My portraits are generally good, but don't look like their models. :P)

Edward Thomas, "Snow"

In the gloom of whiteness,
In the great silence of snow,
A child was sighing
And bitterly saying: 'Oh,
They have killed a white bird up there on her nest,
The down is fluttering from her breast!'
And still it fell through that dusky brightness
On the child crying for the bird of the snow.

Ancilla Domini

First thing History teacher says to me, "Oh, Cilla, you are so smart!" It's going to be a good year...:P