An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Think This Is The Beginning Of A Beautiful Phriendship...

Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

So you haven't actually played before? (I mean, not that I'm one to talk. You converted me to being a tennis fan during the Austraian Open and I can't really hold a racket properly anymore. I tried to learn back in high school, but I started having bad migraines that made it difficult. Maybe someday. And it's not like being able to play is required, or there wouldn't be very many sports fans.)

I've "played" a couple of times with my little brother, who also can hardly play XD and my best friend (who's a horrible teacher. :P) tried to teach me once, but aside from that, I've not played at all.

Fantastic that I converted you to loving tennis. ;) Success! :winner:

ChristinaTherese

Thanks for not letting me sleep this week. ;) I'm in Spain and the most interesting matches are later in the days, so it was interesting....

And you've just been recruited to read the article linked to in my math thread in Open Mic, because you're an interesting person. And, I dunno, being a high schooler might give you an interesting perspective. Although, I get that homework exists, and you have a life and it's a long article. So duty is an acceptable alibi.

Ancilla Domini

Thanks for not letting me sleep this week. ;) I'm in Spain and the most interesting matches are later in the days, so it was interesting....

And you've just been recruited to read the article linked to in my math thread in Open Mic, because you're an interesting person. And, I dunno, being a high schooler might give you an interesting perspective. Although, I get that homework exists, and you have a life and it's a long article. So duty is an acceptable alibi.

Started reading it - it looks very interesting! I'll finish it when I get a chance.

Ancilla Domini

Confusing bit of philosophy to ponder:

There are certain things in this world whose final cause is to become another thing, eg. a seed, or an egg.

Things cannot be considered perfect until they have attained their final cause.

Since a seed's final cause is to become a tree, there is no such thing as "the perfect seed" -- once it attain its final cause, it is no longer a seed but a plant.

Aaaah!! :think2: :huh: :eek: :stars: So confusing. XP

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Since a seed's final cause is to become a tree, there is no such thing as "the perfect seed" -- once it attain its final cause, it is no longer a seed but a plant.

True, dat. A seed, by its nature, is imperfect. But when I was born my mama probably remarked on my perfect toes anyway (because my Baptist mama is more of a Franciscan than a Dominican).

Ancilla Domini

Need some help on a chemistry question. It's probably extremely simple but for some reason I'm not grasping it. :unsure: If someone could tell me how to do this, I'd be very grateful.

An atom of gold has a mass of 3.271 X 10-22g. How many atoms of gold are in 5.00 g of gold?

Well, what number do you have to multiply 3.271 * 10^-22g by to get 1g of gold?

When you've figured that out, multiply that number by 5.

Need some help on a chemistry question. It's probably extremely simple but for some reason I'm not grasping it. :unsure: If someone could tell me how to do this, I'd be very grateful.

An atom of gold has a mass of 3.271 X 10-22g. How many atoms of gold are in 5.00 g of gold?

10703988_10152398366506247_6771384847351

Ancilla Domini

My best-friend who lives 998.75 miles away from me may be coming over for New Year's Eve!!!

I think that pretty much every single one of these gifs explains my feelings at the moment:

excited-baby.gif

gif-10.gif

KjO3tOa.gif

Babies-Laughing-Dancing-in-High-Chairs.g

rs_560x315-131029143653-babysinging4.gif

Overreaction, you say? Nope! :dance: