Ancilla Domini Posted May 15, 2014 Author Posted May 15, 2014 (edited) Will you walk the labyrinth for me if it is uncovered? I last walked it in RL as a postulant. :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :french: :blush: With pleasure. You can count on me. :) Edited May 15, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Ancilla Domini Posted May 16, 2014 Author Posted May 16, 2014 Having the feast of St. Joseph of Cupertino on September 18th, rather than during final exams week, was extremely poor planning on the part of the Magisterium... :p
ChristinaTherese Posted May 16, 2014 Posted May 16, 2014 I felt kind of bad asking for St. Joseph of Cupertino's help this morning... I mean, I hadn't really tried to study the stuff I think I did poorly on. I could have at least tried.... (And I meant to, but I overslept. And I might be a bit obnoxious about it because I think profs shouldn't test on stuff that students are obviously going to forget within the day/week. Mea culpa.)
Ancilla Domini Posted May 20, 2014 Author Posted May 20, 2014 My audition is tomorrow at 10:00! Prayers would be greatly appreciated. On a happy note, only 7 more assignments until FREEDOM!! (aka, end of school)
ChristinaTherese Posted May 20, 2014 Posted May 20, 2014 Only 3 more weeks for me... which is why I think that being up until 2:30 trying to write a paper the night after it was due is a great idea. (No.... I just didn't know what to do with the assignment and lacked motivation. It's no fun to write without fighting with the author. Then I lacked movement. It won't be the end of the world to turn it in a day late....) How much longer do you have? Do you have any plans for the summer?
Ancilla Domini Posted May 20, 2014 Author Posted May 20, 2014 I did well on my audition, (still waiting for results) got a 118% on my Biology final, (extra credit included) bought a lovely sun-cap for my pilgrimage, and found a HEAD tennis racquet on the side of the street, in tip-top condition! Yes, I believe that overall this was an extremely successful day! :cheer: :yahoo: :cheer:
Ancilla Domini Posted May 21, 2014 Author Posted May 21, 2014 (edited) :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_TKXPPjhRk Edited May 21, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Ancilla Domini Posted May 29, 2014 Author Posted May 29, 2014 *sighs contentedly* :love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYAEbVVGfTA&feature=kp
Ancilla Domini Posted June 2, 2014 Author Posted June 2, 2014 I wonder whether, if I wore a pedometer on the Pilgrimage, the poor little machine would spontaneously combust. Pedometer: "CANNOT CALCULATE THIS AMOUNT!! *explode*"
maximillion Posted June 2, 2014 Posted June 2, 2014 Do it, It would be interesting to know just how many steps.......
AnneLine Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 Welll.... I wear one of those puppies and they can count up to at least 9.99 miles a day... I am sure they can go much further. It will only track walking for a week however, so you'd have to write down your numbers at LEAST once a week..... But DO IT!!!!!
AnneLine Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 If you get one, this is the one to get (or one like it...) However... pin it in your pocket OR wear it in a zipper pocket... or you can lose it very easily.
Ancilla Domini Posted June 4, 2014 Author Posted June 4, 2014 I LEAVE TOMORROW AT 3:30!!!!!!!!!! I probably won't be on phatmass for quite a while, but I promise to show you all some pics of Phrance. :) Pray for me, and I will definitely pray for you! In Christ, Your devoted pilgrim, – Cilla
Ancilla Domini Posted June 20, 2014 Author Posted June 20, 2014 I'm writing a description of my pilgrimage, but I have to stop writing now - when it's finished (about 40 pages in the future :hehe2:) I'll post it here. :)
Ancilla Domini Posted June 21, 2014 Author Posted June 21, 2014 (edited) Alea jacta est! I think that the pilgrimage combined with the tour afterwards constituted the best 10 days of my LIFE! Forgive my terrible writing - I can write well, but right now, I'm just sort of spewing out the story as I remember it. :P We left for Paris on the 4th of June and arrived the 5th, at about 11:30 in the morning. The rest of the group arrived at around 2:30 the same day (it was a Thursday). We had the rest of Thursday and the entirety of Friday to walk around, and then we went (or were so supposed to go) to bed early so we could get sleep before the pilgrimage began the next day. We (myself and the rest of the kids in the group) played cards until 1:00 AM and then my roommate and I packed and talked until 2 o'clock in the morning. The wake-up call for the pilgrimage came at 4:30 AM. UGH! 2.5 hours sleep. (Poor planning on my part, staying up so late?) Then a bus came at 5:30 to pick us up to take us to mass at Notre Dame Cathedral. We deposited all of the baggage that we would need at the campsites at night into trucks lined up near the Cathedral, and then lined up to enter the Cathedral. Our group, the Chapter of Our Lady of Guadalupe, led by Michael Matt (editor of the Remnant Newspaper - anyone heard of it?) actually got into the Cathedral, for the first time since 2010! The Cathedral fits around 8,000 people, and there were still about 4,000 or more pilgrims outside, after it had been filled! Most of us had to sit crowded on the ground throughout mass, since there wasn't enough space for chairs for all of us. The actual walk began at about 9:00 AM. We spent the entire morning walking out of Paris, and our first rest stop was at about half past 12. (A much appreciated rest on my part, since I'd forgotten to bring a water-bottle and was extremely thirsty!) They provided 1.5L bottles of water, apples, and small bread-buns. The rest was only about 5 minutes long, and then we set out again, and walked until lunch-time, which was around 1:30. We stopped for lunch in a HUGE field, with NO trees and NO shade. It was about 90ºF (no exaggeration) and we were practically dying of heat. I had a lovely lunch of bread-buns, apples, beef-jerky that my best-friend had brought, and sunflower seeds. :eat: We had about 45 minutes for lunch and then we set out again. I took many many pictures of our walk, which I'll show to you all when I upload them onto my computer. (I'll use captions, too, so they're more easy to follow.) It wasn't a bad first day - we spent most of the day in the shade, except for the last 3 hours or so. (hehe, you see what it has done to me? I think of three hours walking in the blasting sun as "very little." XD 3 hours is very little, though, when you walk 12 hours per day. :)) The last lap of the pilgrimage had been nicknamed by the veteran pilgrims in our chapter as "Cardiac Hill." :P It was about 45 minutes uphill and an absolute TORTURE - also, since you know that the campsite is just around the bend, it's psychologically exhausting. :hehe2: All the way up Cardiac Hill, French kids from the houses along the way doused us with water from sprinklers which they had dragged up to the front of their lawns. :P It was a much needed, much appreciated dousing. XD When we got to the top of Cardiac Hill and walked into the campsite, at about 9:00 PM, a crowd of the people who had helped set up the campsite were waiting outside to greet us (and applaud as well.) Our chapter's tent was the very first tent as you walk into the campsite, so all we had to do was take our knapsacks off and flop down. Then, once we had caught our breath, we had to walk down to the other end of the campsite and get the bags we had put in the truck at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. My best-friend and I and another kid in our chapter played triple-solitaire and ate beef-jerky and bread-rolls until about 10:00. Then we went out and watched the boy-scouts sing around the bon-fire until 11:30. My best-friend and I would have stayed longer, but our companion, a very pragmatic 18 year old, insisted that we go to bed, so that we would have enough sleep for the next day's walk. After he went to bed, my friend and I played cards for another 20 minutes or so and then went to bed. Despite the fact that I had only had 2 and a half hours of sleep the night before, I didn't actually get to sleep until 4:15 AM. :ohno: At about 3:30 AM, it started raining and the water seeped through the tent (I was right under a seam XP) and completely soaked my hoodie, my sleeping-bag, and my tarp. :eek: Our wake-up call came at 5:00 AM, in the form of the Hallelujah, from Handel's Messiah. 45 minutes of sleep, this time!! They served us hot-chocolate and bread-rolls for breakfast (Ahh!!! So much bread! My little Italian stomach was in Heaven! :eat: ) Our group left at about 6:00 – the departure time "began" at 5:30, but we were around the 15th group or so, so we left later - and...we walked...and...we walked... And on the question mark right there, I need to go to bed, since I'm still in Paris, and it's nearly midnight and time for bed. I hope you've enjoyed my travel-journal so far. I've only covered the first 3 days, and there are 7 more to go!! Let's see...862 words for 3 days....2870 words left. :P I hope you have free time to read. :hehe2: It's so late...but there's so much to write...but I'm so.....zzzzzz.....sleepy.... Bed! Bed! I couldn't go to bed! Not for all the jew-els in the crowwwn!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ezy50aY6Bg Good night all! :sleep2: Edited June 21, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Ancilla Domini Posted June 21, 2014 Author Posted June 21, 2014 (edited) Alea jacta est! I think that the pilgrimage combined with the tour afterwards constituted the best 10 days of my LIFE! Forgive my terrible writing - I can write well, but right now, I'm just sort of spewing out the story as I remember it. :P We left for Paris on the 4th of June and arrived the 5th, at about 11:30 in the morning. The rest of the group arrived at around 2:30 the same day (it was a Thursday). We had the rest of Thursday and the entirety of Friday to walk around, and then we went (or were so supposed to go) to bed early so we could get sleep before the pilgrimage began the next day. We (myself and the rest of the kids in the group) played cards until 1:00 AM and then my roommate and I packed and talked until 2 o'clock in the morning. The wake-up call for the pilgrimage came at 4:30 AM. UGH! 2.5 hours sleep. (Poor planning on my part, staying up so late?) Then a bus came at 5:30 to pick us up to take us to mass at Notre Dame Cathedral. We deposited all of the baggage that we would need at the campsites at night into trucks lined up near the Cathedral, and then lined up to enter the Cathedral. Our group, the Chapter of Our Lady of Guadalupe, led by Michael Matt (editor of the Remnant Newspaper - anyone heard of it?) actually got into the Cathedral, for the first time since 2010! The Cathedral fits around 8,000 people, and there were still about 4,000 or more pilgrims outside, after it had been filled! Most of us had to sit crowded on the ground throughout mass, since there wasn't enough space for chairs for all of us. The actual walk began at about 9:00 AM. We spent the entire morning walking out of Paris, and our first rest stop was at about half past 12. (A much appreciated rest on my part, since I'd forgotten to bring a water-bottle and was extremely thirsty!) They provided 1.5L bottles of water, apples, and small bread-buns. The rest was only about 5 minutes long, and then we set out again, and walked until lunch-time, which was around 1:30. We stopped for lunch in a HUGE field, with NO trees and NO shade. It was about 90ºF (no exaggeration) and we were practically dying of heat. I had a lovely lunch of bread-buns, apples, beef-jerky that my best-friend had brought, and sunflower seeds. :eat: We had about 45 minutes for lunch and then we set out again. I took many many pictures of our walk, which I'll show to you all when I upload them onto my computer. (I'll use captions, too, so they're more easy to follow.) It wasn't a bad first day - we spent most of the day in the shade, except for the last 3 hours or so. (hehe, you see what it has done to me? I think of three hours walking in the blasting sun as "very little." XD 3 hours is very little, though, when you walk 12 hours per day. :)) The last lap of the pilgrimage had been nicknamed by the veteran pilgrims in our chapter as "Cardiac Hill." :P It was about 45 minutes uphill and an absolute TORTURE - also, since you know that the campsite is just around the bend, it's psychologically exhausting. :hehe2: All the way up Cardiac Hill, French kids from the houses along the way doused us with water from sprinklers which they had dragged up to the front of their lawns. :P It was a much needed, much appreciated dousing. XD When we got to the top of Cardiac Hill and walked into the campsite, at about 9:00 PM, a crowd of the people who had helped set up the campsite were waiting outside to greet us (and applaud as well.) Our chapter's tent was the very first tent as you walk into the campsite, so all we had to do was take our knapsacks off and flop down. Then, once we had caught our breath, we had to walk down to the other end of the campsite and get the bags we had put in the truck at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. My best-friend and I and another kid in our chapter played triple-solitaire and ate beef-jerky and bread-rolls until about 10:00. Then we went out and watched the boy-scouts sing around the bon-fire until 11:30. My best-friend and I would have stayed longer, but our companion, a very pragmatic 18 year old, insisted that we go to bed, so that we would have enough sleep for the next day's walk. After he went to bed, my friend and I played cards for another 20 minutes or so and then went to bed. Despite the fact that I had only had 2 and a half hours of sleep the night before, I didn't actually get to sleep until 4:15 AM. :ohno: At about 3:30 AM, it started raining and the water seeped through the tent (I was right under a seam XP) and completely soaked my hoodie, my sleeping-bag, and my tarp. :eek: Our wake-up call came at 5:00 AM, in the form of the Hallelujah, from Handel's Messiah. 45 minutes of sleep, this time!! They served us hot-chocolate and bread-rolls for breakfast (Ahh!!! So much bread! My little Italian stomach was in Heaven! :eat: ) Our group left at about 6:00 – the departure time "began" at 5:30, but we were around the 15th group or so, so we left later - and...we walked...and...we walked... And on the question mark right there, I need to go to bed, since I'm still in Paris, and it's nearly midnight and time for bed. I hope you've enjoyed my travel-journal so far. I've only covered the first 3 days, and there are 7 more to go!! Let's see...862 words for 3 days....2870 words left. :P I hope you have free time to read. :hehe2: It's so late...but there's so much to write...but I'm so.....zzzzzz.....sleepy.... Bed! Bed! I couldn't go to bed! Not for all the jew-els in the crowwwn!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ezy50aY6Bg Good night all! :sleep2: I tried to edit the first paragraph a bit but wasn't allowed. Here are my edits - We left for Paris on the 4th of June and arrived the 5th, at about 11:30 in the morning. The rest of the group arrived at around 2:30 the same day (it was a Thursday). We had the rest of Thursday and the entirety of Friday to walk around Paris We went to bed early on Friday night (or were so supposed to go) so we could get sleep before the pilgrimage began the next day. Needed to clear up some confusion and some bad grammar. :) P.S. Rest assured that I am capable of better writing than I exhibited in the above travel journal. :P Edited June 21, 2014 by Ancilla Domini
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now