An Old School Catholic Message Board

Random Vocation Conversation

ThereseMaria

Good! The reason I asked is because Luna Lovegood is commonly referred to and seen as socially awkward and not having many friends, and yet she turns to be one of the coolest and nicest characters.

She's one of my favorites. Mainly because I relate to her quite a bit. Only having the one parent, being socially awkward, having few friends and being picked on, but actually being really nice. It's awesome when you can find that character in a book that's like your twin... But anyways! If I'm right about what you're implying, then thanks!!! :)

PhuturePriest

She's one of my favorites. Mainly because I relate to her quite a bit. Only having the one parent, being socially awkward, having few friends and being picked on, but actually being really nice. It's amesome when you can find that character in a book that's like your twin... But anyways! If I'm right about what you're implying, then thanks!!! :)

I don't think I was implying anything, actually. :smile3: I was just saying that even if people think you're awkward and you don't have many friends, that doesn't make you any less valuable or awesome.

For the record, I identify most with Sirius, because even though I have a lot of great friends and acquaintances, I can't see them often because of distance issues, and so I'm locked up in my house day in and day out.

I don't think I was implying anything, actually. :smile3: I was just saying that even if people think you're awkward and you don't have many friends, that doesn't make you any less valuable or amesome.

For the record, I identify most with Sirius, because even though I have a lot of great friends and acquaintances, I can't see them often because of distance issues, and so I'm locked up in my house day in and day out.

"I was just saying that even if people think you're awkward and you don't have many friends, that doesn't make you any less valuable or awesome." <- That's what I was saying thank you for haha :) And that isn't fun...

PhuturePriest

"I was just saying that even if people think you're awkward and you don't have many friends, that doesn't make you any less valuable or amesome." <- That's what I was saying thank you for haha :) And that isn't fun...

Hahaha, okay. Sorry for the confusion.

And it's not. But I don't mind it for two reasons: One, I love the idea of heroism, and this reminds me of Sirius, as I said, and I find him quite heroic. On top of that, it's a good way to sacrifice for God and be thankful for all of my friends and not take them for granted.

And it's not. But I don't mind it for two reasons: One, I love the idea of heroism, and this reminds me of Sirius, as I said, and I find him quite heroic. On top of that, it's a good way to sacrifice for God and be thankful for all of my friends and not take them for granted.

^That is a very good way of looking at things. I guess when one sees their friends all the time, it becomes easy to take them for granted. It's pretty amazing to see the wisdom of the people on Phatmass, and out in the world...

PhuturePriest

^That is a very good way of looking at things. I guess when one sees their friends all the time, it becomes easy to take them for granted. It's pretty amazing to see the wisdom of the people on Phatmass, and out in the world...

The longstanding jokes on Phatmass are also quite astounding. I'm three years older than you, but in the eyes of everyone else, I'm still the youngest person here. :P

The longstanding jokes on Phatmass are also quite astounding. I'm three years older than you, but in the eyes of everyone else, I'm still the youngest person here. :P

You can't talk about Phatmass without mentioning the craziness and fun the phamily has... But it's awesome because everyone can be silly, and yet be mature and support each other when it's needed.

ChristinaTherese

Fetus. :p

Some people actually forget that I am 14 and think I am twenty or thirty sometimes... :hehe: When people think that then you know then your debates are good! :p

No offense FP

amesome!!! :D You must be very excited.

VERY! But also nervous, I have to get approval from my work first but they also gave tentative approval.

VERY! But also nervous, I have to get approval from my work first but they also gave tentative approval.

Good point... But if it's where you are meant to be, that nervousness will vanish when you go. I can't wait until I am old enough to start contacting different communities!!! It must be an absolutely amazing experience... Getting to know some of the sisters, going on retreats with them... It would be so awesome!

I've felt called to a religious vocation on and off for quite some time. I can't really do any actual discernment on the matter, seeing as I'm still rather young, and I don't know how much I could do at my age, in terms of visiting orders. So I've started a journal, and I have something of a daily prayer schedule. I was just wondering if there was anyone else in the same situation (in other words, people who are feeling called, but are still too young to really act on the calling)?

If it's any reassurance, we had a 13 year old girl come and stay with us for a come and see weekend, so you aren't too young, but you will probably need parental consent. 

I started seriously discerning at the age of 14, and I know people who have started much younger. Get in touch with the communities you are interested to find out more about and see what happens from there. Trust that God is with you, and if it is His will, you will find yourself at home there...when you know that it's the right place for you, where God wants you to be, often you will experience peace, a peace beyond description or any human understanding. 

If you want to join our facebook vocations chat group: http://facebook.com/groups/vocations.chat

And let me know if I can be of any help. 

With love and prayer,

Kim Lee

xxxxxxxx

If it's any reassurance, we had a 13 year old girl come and stay with us for a come and see weekend, so you aren't too young, but you will probably need parental consent.

I started seriously discerning at the age of 14, and I know people who have started much younger. Get in touch with the communities you are interested to find out more about and see what happens from there. Trust that God is with you, and if it is His will, you will find yourself at home there...when you know that it's the right place for you, where God wants you to be, often you will experience peace, a peace beyond description or any human understanding.

If you want to join our facebook vocations chat group: http://facebook.com/groups/vocations.chat

And let me know if I can be of any help.

With love and prayer,
Kim Lee
xxxxxxxx

Thank you very much! Oh, and by the way, your blog (The Vocation Operation) has been a huge help!!!
I thank both you and Emily Ann for taking the time to put it together. :)