An Old School Catholic Message Board

Random Vocation Conversation

ThereseMaria

domenica_therese

You were right I was wrong. :P Teach me a lesson of humility day! I really think that should be a real day!

Well, it is a day, but it also happens 365 times in a year!

Uhm... Kind of a random thought, but I was thinking about a kind of cool experience I had a little while back.

I was sitting with my friends having lunch in the hallway, right down the hall from the school chapel. I looked at the chapel a moment, and I all of a sudden felt this urge to go sit in the chapel to pray. It was really strong, and literally felt like someone was tugging me by the heart down the hall to the chapel.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else had a similar experience to this?

ChristinaTherese

Uhm... Kind of a random thought, but I was thinking about a kind of cool experience I had a little while back.

I was sitting with my friends having lunch in the hallway, right down the hall from the school chapel. I looked at the chapel a moment, and I all of a sudden felt this urge to go sit in the chapel to pray. It was really strong, and literally felt like someone was tugging me by the heart down the hall to the chapel.

I most certainly have. Most very certainly.

I most certainly have. Most very certainly.

It was pretty amazing... It was completely random, just one glance at the chapel, and I couldn't do anything but go. It was one of those things where it was painful to ignore... Would you mind sharing?

domenica_therese

I mean we have a Church right in the center of campus, and sometimes I'm walking by and it's just like, "I should go see Jesus!" And I make a detour. It's not a painful of being physically drawn, just the feeling you get when you see a friend at a distance, and you're drawn to them to go say hello and see their face.

I mean we have a Church right in the center of campus, and sometimes I'm walking by and it's just like, "I should go see Jesus!" And I make a detour. It's not a painful of being physically drawn, just the feeling you get when you see a friend at a distance, and you're drawn to them to go say hello and see their face.

That's exactly it! (I didn't explain very well... Sorry.) It was like that feeling of "I don't care what everyone else says, I'm going to go visit Jesus!"

PhuturePriest

I once had a sensation of someone tugging at my heart, but that was the doctor performing a heart transplant.

Edited by FuturePriest387

There were times that I was driving to work (early) and I realized that I was not far from the chapel and suddenly I had to go there first.

ChristinaTherese

It was pretty amazing... It was completely random, just one glance at the chapel, and I couldn't do anything but go. It was one of those things where it was painful to ignore... Would you mind sharing?

Nothing majorly exciting, just if the Eucharist is nearby and I don't have anything important to do I sometimes feel like I'm being pulled over to pray. Like Domenica_Therese said, not like FP said.

I sometimes found it very hard to leave anywhere there was Adoration and Exposition. My friend and I would 'pop in' for a visit and she would be irritated that once there I could be there for hours. There was something so strong, I literally had to wrench myself away.

In the end she refused to come with me on the grounds that once I was there, nothing else existed for me. She was pretty close to the truth.