An Old School Catholic Message Board

Random Vocation Conversation

ThereseMaria

It is good to have another young adult here. I was getting kind of lonely with only FP and a few others. :P Yeah I will definitely PM you.  

I used to be young...  :console: In my head I'm still 10.

No kidding! I have no problem with older people (for whatever reason, I get along better with adults/almost adults than kids my age), but it's awesome to know there's actually another teenage girl who is mature.

Everyone is young at heart!

but yes it is nice to find another teenage girl who is mature, a rare find! now off to bed for me! :wave:

Everyone is young at heart!

but yes it is nice to find another teenage girl who is mature, a rare find! now off to bed for me! :wave:

Sorry, I said almost exactly what you did!!!! Good night!

Okay, that's hilarious...both the teens said the same thing to the same person at the same time...sorry, I need more sleep. :rotfl2:

Okay, that's hilarious...both the teens said the same thing to the same person at the same time...sorry, I need more sleep. :rotfl2:

And I really need to stop saying the same thing as everyone else, that's the third time I've done that today... :rotfl2:

AveMariaPurissima

Hey to everyone.

My name is Carla.I will soon have 26 years old and i'm coming from Europe.This is my first post and i wanted to intruduce my self.

I'm in the proces of Discerning a Religious Vocation and i just wanted to tell you that this forum help me a lot.Thank you and God bless you.

i hope i will be worth member of this forum.

:welcome:

PhuturePriest

Hey to everyone.

My name is Carla.I will soon have 26 years old and i'm coming from Europe.This is my first post and i wanted to intruduce my self.

I'm in the proces of Discerning a Religious Vocation and i just wanted to tell you that this forum help me a lot.Thank you and God bless you.

i hope i will be worth member of this forum.

Welcome to Phatmass! I hope you enjoy yourself, and look at all of the message boards!

ChristinaTherese

Just one thing... Carter, I think that "young adult" means 20's or 30's. Although quick research just revealed that depending on your definition it can mean anywhere from 5-40, according to the not-always-reliable internet. But I just thought I'd throw it out there that I'd call you a teenager (and a young one at that) but not a young adult, just because I'm possibly too picky about language or something and maybe you should know that you aren't necessarily using the best definition. (In my mind at least, to be a young adult you have to be an adult. And to be an adult you have to be responsible for your own life to an extent that teenagers aren't.) Although young adult literature is targeted at teens, young adult groups are made up of people in their 20's and 30's, so I have to think that the older group is the more reasonable definition.

Anyway, hopefully that was actually coherent. And whatever the case, it's great to have you two (Carter and ThereseMarie) here with us.

I just hate the word teen, I have never liked it. Also I was thinking about the YA literature when I said young adult. Sorry for any misunderstandings! :)

I just hate the word teen, I have never liked it. Also I was thinking about the YA literature when I said young adult. Sorry for any misunderstandings! :)

I'll bet you hate tween and preteen too. I did. I got a kick out of hearing it from older kids, though - it usually meant my friends and I had annoyed them. "They're just a bunch of preteens!" they'd sneer, so we'd keep mocking them until they wandered off.

And I guess I don't understand why there's an eleven and twelve instead of a oneteen an twoteen.

And this thread is nowhere near where it started.

that was not my evil plot.... :evil:

:p

ChristinaTherese

I'm not sure I care how you use things. I just thought it was slightly irritating because... well, it looked like SOMEONE WAS WRONG ON THE INTERNET!!! :p And I dunno, it might be useful if you were unaware how things can be meant.