An Old School Catholic Message Board

What You Don't Know Can Hurt You

franciscanheart

PhuturePriest

In non-drama llama related news, this is how not to react when your child comes out to you:

Edited by moderator: Mature Content

Seriously. What. The. Eff. This is just absolutely inexcusable behavior.

Edited by Deus te Amat
Think of the children, man! The children!

IcePrincessKRS

Allow me to preface by saying that I am a devout Catholic who has been living with SSA since childhood. Franciscanheart, I understand why Phetus's mention of the Catholic speaker with SSA upset you.

Having said all that,  I think the criticism being thrown Phetus/FuturePriest/Fick's way is uncalled for and, frankly, bizarre.  Yes, he made a faux pas by trying to bring up the nature vs. nurture debate.  But I'm not sure that warrants paragraphs upon paragraphs of instruction on how insensitive it was, and, essentially, how insensitive he is.  There's clearly some subtext contributing to this lovefest, as Mr. Phetus insinuated above, so y'all will have to hug this out in private.  I just felt compelled to say something in his defense, because he's a good guy and he's essentially being ad hominem'd to death for not saying the right thing at the right time.

You're right, it was a faux pas. I don't think that was really what got the kettle boiling, though. His repeated posts about how it was "arguing over nothing" and drama llama pictures were not at all conducive to a reasonable discussion. Him having been on the receiving end of a personal thread that got trolled to death I would have hoped that he'd have enough sense not to do things like that to others. It probably wouldn't have been paragraphs and paragraphs had the posts been addressed when they actually popped up, but as you can see there were several posts replied to all at once.

Our perspectives probably won't align perfectly, but I am assuming it's safe to say that there are plenty of things in the last 23 pages that may have been better off left unsaid.

Lets all start posting gifs! Because they are not conducive to a reasonable conversation! But this is the internet!

Edited by CrossCuT

PhuturePriest

You're right, it was a faux pas. I don't think that was really what got the kettle boiling, though. His repeated posts about how it was "arguing over nothing" and drama llama pictures were not at all conducive to a reasonable discussion. Him having been on the receiving end of a personal thread that got trolled to death I would have hoped that he'd have enough sense not to do things like that to others. It probably wouldn't have been paragraphs and paragraphs had the posts been addressed when they actually popped up, but as you can see there were several posts replied to all at once.

Our perspectives probably won't align perfectly, but I am assuming it's safe to say that there are plenty of things in the last 23 pages that may have been better off left unsaid.

I was trying to diffuse the situation. Frannie kept it going. I tried repeatedly to stop it. It escalated because she made it escalate, not me.

I am tired of arguing. It's not conducive to the message of the thread, and it's not conducive to the well-being of the phamily. I apologize for making a faux pas. It was my mistake, and I wish I hadn't done it.

Edited by The Phetus

IcePrincessKRS

Why are we fixating about Christian middle fingers?  More questions!!!!

MOAR "?"!!!!

Q: FH is there a particular part of Christ's life you meditate on, which helps you deal with the various hardships you encounter in life because of SSA? 

Bumping this question, before it gets lost in the fray.

Vincent Vega

I have had other people (some of whom are gay, mind you)

See also: "No, it's okay. I have black friends, so I can say it." 

As Dust has mentioned before as well as others, this is the internet. If you feel that words will hurt you then dont post about such touchy subjects in a public place. Maybe you should try a blog so people cant say things you dont want them to say. 

Everyone has opinions and things to express. I dont agree with them all and Ive been told to stop whining on numerous occasions because this is a public place.

Ba5f6ba5_RainbowBarf.jpg

Edited by CrossCuT

IcePrincessKRS

I was trying to diffuse the situation. Frannie kept it going. I tried repeatedly to stop it. It escalated because she made it escalate, not me.

I am tired of arguing. It's not conducive to the message of the thread, and it's not conducive to the well-being of the phamily. I apologize for making a faux pas. It was my mistake, and I wish I hadn't done it.

I'm sorry, it didn't work. Franny responded to what you said. You are not free from blame in this. You should have quit while you were ahead--not responding, not perpetuating a line of discussion is a good way to stop it. That was kind of what I was getting at in my initial replies to you. I was trying to be kind and not sound like a jackwagon. In conclusion, I sincerely intend for this to be my last post on the subject, too.

PhuturePriest

I'm sorry, it didn't work. Franny responded to what you said. You are not free from blame in this. You should have quit while you were ahead--not responding, not perpetuating a line of discussion is a good way to stop it. That was kind of what I was getting at in my initial replies to you. I was trying to be kind and not sound like a jackwagon. In conclusion, I sincerely intend for this to be my last post on the subject, too.

I apologized. I tried to diffuse. Frannie wasn't having it. I'm not free from blame, but neither is she.

Now let's stop being drama llamas and get on with life. There are more important things in life than making a faux pas on an internet forum.

IcePrincessKRS

I apologized. I tried to diffuse. Frannie wasn't having it. I'm not free from blame, but neither is she.

Now let's stop being drama llamas and get on with life. There are more important things in life than making a faux pas on an internet forum.

Your repeated use of the term drama llama is really kind of annoying.

PhuturePriest

Your repeated use of the term drama llama is really kind of annoying.

My apologies.

Let's get past this. I apologize for anything I've said that has offended anyone, and I'm sorry that a clueless post made this much strife within the phamily.

Vincent Vega

Sometimes what one needs is not to try to defuse or fix or apologize, but rather just to shut the fuck up and leave the thread for a while.