An Old School Catholic Message Board

What You Don't Know Can Hurt You

franciscanheart

are you suggesting a more comprehensive approach?

I have no idea. I guess I would love to see us all restart our mentality...think about why homosexuality is wrong and how that influences our actions. I think there is a HUGE number of people who are extremely prejudice just not consciously. Their actions and how they interact etc show their feelings and its creating a world of resentment, anger, and fear.

I would love to see us all start from square one and maybe we CAN find a place for homosexual relationships in God's love.

But maybe its ust the kumbaya in me talking  :saint2:

Edited by CrossCuT

The Bus Station

... But it's clearly impacting HER to admit to herself and others that she has these attractions and they're not going away, they're not minor, and if she wishes to remain a faithful Catholic she has a lot of sacrifices to make. That's HARD. I don't really feel like she should be expected to shoulder that in silence. I don't know what she was hoping for when she started this thread, but I do think it was a way of reaching out ... I don't think it's a simple answer because it's so deeply entwined in emotions.

This is well said, thanks Ice.

wait hold on Lil Red, was it dismissive and it just seemed to be a stickor was it a stick that just seemed to be dismissive?

i haven't had enough coffee for this conversation. 

tumblr_mctalko.gif

I would love to see us all start from square one and maybe we CAN find a place for homosexual relationships in God's love.

so what you are saying is the Church should ... change its teaching on the moral acceptability of homosexual relationships.

being careful not to take out my jump to conclusions mat.

Edited by Lilllabettt

so what you are saying is the Church should ... change its teaching on the moral acceptability of homosexual relationships.

being careful not to take out my jump to conclusions mat.

Relax. Those are just my thoughts. Obviously Im a minority in my thinking so you dont have to worry about any of that actually happening.

I think crosscut may be trying to suggest non-sexual same sex relationships based on those romantic attractions.  I don't think that's a good idea, I've known people who have tried to go that route, it just doesn't work out.  It really doesn't.  best case scenario it's a near occasion of sin.  might sound good to some but there's no way it works in practice and I don't think the Church should move towards accepting that.

there are a good deal of resources out there relating to homosexuality and chastity in the Church... but it's scattered to the point where the average person stepping into a Church is not likely to stumble upon the right response, generally they'll be met with the wrong kind of response, I think, the kind that ends up pushing them away.  

Relax. Those are just my thoughts. Obviously Im a minority in my thinking so you dont have to worry about any of that actually happening.

smells phishy is all.

stinks like phish.

I think crosscut may be trying to suggest non-sexual same sex relationships based on those romantic attractions.

is that what crosscut is suggesting, crosscut? or the other.

The Bus Station

I strongly recommend the book The Courage to Be Chaste by Fr. Benedict Groeschel for anyone interested in a Catholic perspective on the homosexual person's place in the Church.

Im open to every possibility.

one of the many side effects of kumbaya is that the mind opens so widely that the brains fall out.

Edited by Lilllabettt

one of the many side effects of kumbaya is that the mind opens so widely that the brains fall out.

Geesh, are you ever not angry about something?

okay, on the Arizona thing - admittedly I haven't read much (if at all) about it. but i guess that a law is being proposed in Arizona that businesses can refuse service to someone who is gay? and this is supposed to be about protecting their religious rights to not have to serve a gay person if their religion is against homosexuality?  like a wedding cake maker being able to refuse making a cake for a gay wedding? or a wedding venue (owned by a Catholic organization or a Catholic business/whatever) being able to refuse a gay wedding being hold on their grounds?

(open to correction here.)

sorry all my scenarios revolve around weddings, it's all I could think of. 

Edited by Lil Red

Geesh, are you ever not angry about something?

not angry just uh ... confirming my bias against kumbaya is all.  would have preferred to be surprised. but kumbaya is as boring and predictable as ever.