An Old School Catholic Message Board

What You Don't Know Can Hurt You

franciscanheart

not angry just uh ... confirming my bias against kumbaya is all.  would have preferred to be surprised. but kumbaya is as boring and predictable as ever.

Thats too bad! Im sending you some kumbaya love via brain waves right now!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well if being a loving human being that is willing to accept everyone regardless of all this [i][color=#ff0000]poo[/color][/i] is being predictable and kumbaya, I embrace it!

You have this weird reverse victim mentality. "Oh no im being oppressed by all the homosexuals in the world! And their demand for equal rights is making my ability to live my life harder! booohoooooo"

Just like all those poor oppressed white people. 

Edited by CrossCuT

Yikes, was not expecting this thread to be about me instead of Fran...

Fran, I'm sorry about the mess. I probably shouldn't have said anything. I guess I'll just leave it like that because talking about intentions just winds everyone up. To everyone guessing what I intended, nobody here has hit the mark one way or another. I'm content to just let it be, because I obviously haven't found a reasonable way to ask what I wanted to know anyhow.

Well if being a loving human being that is willing to accept everyone regardless of all this poo is being predictable and kumbaya, I embrace it!

I think Lilllabet's response would be along the lines of "condoning sin is the opposite of love", though she would express it better than I, so actually me wanting to speak for her is pointless...

What I wanted to do was second her general thoughts on your kumbaya being predictable, but with a different sentiment.  I disagree with you 95% of the time, but I am gaining an appreciation for your consistency (aka "predictability), so take that however you'd like.

You have this weird reverse victim mentality.

well, not to state the obvious.

but you don't know what its like to stay faithful to church teaching on this issue, despite social, political, emotional and financial pressure, do you? 

im sure you understand the catholic struggle though.

>c         r        e        d         i        b         i         l        i         t        y         g        a         p<<

Edited by Lilllabettt

well, not to state the obvious.

but you don't know what its like to stay faithful to church teaching on this issue, despite social, political, emotional and financial pressure, do you? 

im sure you understand the catholic struggle though.

>c         r        e        d         i        b         i         l        i         t        y         g        a         p<<

No I do not know what it is like to struggle with SSA as a Catholic but I fully support those who do in whatever manner they choose to deal with it.

O     M     G       l  o    o    k     a     t     a    l   l   s   p     a     c    e      s  

No I do not know what it is like to struggle with SSA as a Catholic

yeah, that too. but my point was you don't know what its like to be a faithful Catholic (with SSA or not) and cling to holy mother church  on this one despite everything else in your whole world telling you to give in.  You're not paying the price for fidelity to a very difficult and unpopular teaching.

You were either never on board to begin with, or you caved.  So you don't know the catholic struggle in this area. So what do you have to say about it?

Edited by Lilllabettt

yeah, that too. but my point was you don't know what its like to be a faithful Catholic and cling to holy mother church  on this one despite everything else in your whole world telling you to give in.  You're not paying the price for fidelity to a very difficult and unpopular teaching.

You were either never on board to begin with, or you caved.  So you don't know the catholic struggle in this area. So what do you have to say about it?

I think you assume to know a lot about me and that your own personal struggles with whatever aspect of this issue is making you callous. Dont project your anger and discontentment onto me, you have no idea what level of difficulty I have had with coming to terms with this issue nor do you have any idea how close I hold my faith.

Youre a perfect example of why so many Christians are completely out of touch; youre an example of the reasons why the world is not moving forward. Too many Catholics and Christians alike are SO QUICK to pass judgment on whatever issue they see fit.

CatholicsAreKewl

I'm intrigued by those who come out in communities that forbid gay relations. It takes a lot of courage to remain part of a group that you feel you may be judged by.

I think you assume to know a lot about me and that your own personal struggles with whatever aspect of this issue is making you callous. Dont project your anger and discontentment onto me, you have no idea what level of difficulty I have had with coming to terms with this issue nor do you have any idea how close I hold my faith.

Youre a perfect example of why so many Christians are completely out of touch; youre an example of the reasons why the world is not moving forward. Too many Catholics and Christians alike are SO QUICK to pass judgment on whatever issue they see fit.

If I have the wrong conclusion, deny it. 

otherwise everyone can read what you wrote for themselves.

seems you have joined the majority and from your position of power seek to trivialize the struggles of people in the minority. tsk. tsk. that don't seem real kumbaya.

If I have the wrong conclusion, deny it. 

otherwise everyone can read what you wrote for themselves.

seems you have joined the majority and from your position of power seek to trivialize the struggles of people in the minority. tsk. tsk. that don't seem real kumbaya.

What the fuck are you talking about? The minority of those who are against gay rights?

IcePrincessKRS

I'm intrigued by those who come out in communities that forbid gay relations. It takes a lot of courage to remain part of a group that you feel you may be judged by.

Props.

What the [i][color=#ff0000]floop[/color][/i] are you talking about? The minority of those who are against gay rights?

if this were my classroom i would make you go  back and reread for understanding.

Exclusion from social events, networking opportunities, family gatherings etc.  because what I believe "gets out" despite my best efforts. Palpable aggression from a hostile majority. How many commencement addresses, ceremonies and speeches etc. I have sat through in which the speaker chooses to explicitly brand people like me as homophobes, and the hundreds or thousands of people assembled around me all clapping in agreement. My favorite is signing on to facebook and being shown a solid purple wall of friends and family proclaiming that people who think like me are disgusting bigots.

maybe you think that stuff doesn't happen, or if it does, its no big deal. like those white folks who say racism isn't happening. cuz it ain't happening to them. if you're the target of prejudice its much more salient, I proooomise.

PhuturePriest

lol yes I was being dismissive of someone questioning whether I was a native English speaker.  unlike Arfink, I intended to be dismissive.  and to laugh.  man, even the high school senior can understand me here.  Arfink's question struck me as a dismissive question; of course he didn't intend to be dismissive (which I said numerous times), but it was understandably interpreted that way based on "why does this topic keep coming up"... same way Lillabet found "do you really have love in your hearts for gays" to be insinuating that she doesn't.  Your inability to grasp this is quite astonishing.  I suspect you are purposefully choosing to be obtuse to obfuscate a very simple matter.

In short: I didn't like arfink's question, it understandably seemed dismissive even though he probably didn't intend it that way.  if it understandably seemed dismissive, of course I will refer to it as a dismissive question.  I have not said ANYTHING AT ALL that is contradictory.  Not a single thing I said contradicts anything else I said.  It is not wishy washy.  It's not describing it in every way possible.  I never said it was not dismissive.  I said it wasn't intended as dismissive.  How is this not getting through?  Is this open mic on?  hello?  hello?

Anyway, we've all successfully ruined Franny's thread up through the fourth page too lol.

I'm actually a Junior.