An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thankfulness Thread!

ThereseMaria

maximillion

A massive and prayerful thanks to everyone who has supported me while my cat has been so ill.

Thankful for my own diagnostic skills, for the vets and nurses who have treated him, and my dear friend who has ferried me about, made certain I ate and been so supportive.

Thankful my dear pet companion is coming home, even if he is still ill and may not be with us all that long.....

Deus te Amat

I am thankful for mountains and green growth and still waters and the peaceful contemplation of God's majesty.

Spem in alium

I'm thankful my sister had a good birthday party yesterday, and that I could spend time with my godfather.

Deus te Amat

I am thankful for hilariously embarrassing opportunities to grow in humility. (kinda sorta not really but yeah.)

maximillion

I am thankful that my little cat seems to be holding his own, at least for the time being, each purr and cuddle is a joy.

ChristinaTherese

I'm thankful for the support of family, friends, and the whole school during the aftermath of the shooting. The church was packed, and the overflow room was overflowing yesterday evening. That was only an hour after they announced the prayer service. We have a wonderful school, and for that I am very grateful indeed. (And for confirmation that the shooter was not a student... I would hate to think that one of us was capable of that. Pray for the soul of the shooter. He apparently bragged about the carnage.)

maximillion

I am thankful for all of those who helped me today.

The vet hospital were lovely, with me and my cat. They had a room with a little bed in it where we spent some time getting him less scared. Then the vet used a method that meant I could hold my lovely in my arms as he fell asleep for the last time. We were able to stay there as long as we wanted, so I got to say my goodbyes in peace and taking my time.

I am thankful for those who have prayed for me today and throughout his last illness.

I am so grateful for my friend who has been of such practical help, running me about in her car and making sure I ate.

Thank you God for creating all the little creatures of this world, especially those who become our companions.

ChristinaTherese

I'm thankful for our professors, and for all the faculty and staff here being so understanding. I think I'll be okay to do work today, but there isn't much pressure, because all of my finals (we don't have official word about one of them, but I'm pretty sure about it judging by both the personalities of the profs and an unofficial email from one of them, but they do need to talk to each other before they give official word) have been changed or canceled, and due dates are basically all on next Monday or whenever we are able to get things done.

I'm thankful for the counselors being available every day, including weekends, to talk to students.

I'm thankful for spending time with a friend yesterday, and remembering what it feels like to be really, truly happy.

• 2 weeks later...
maximillion

For Mrs AL....may God bless you for all of your wonderful support.

For the hot sun and the wet water and a marsh that tried to tip me up.

For the joy all Your creatures bring and being the closest ever to a beautiful wild swan.

For my own sweet dear Maxi who lives in my heart and my memory.

Spem in alium

For the incredible courage I see in others.

For the support my Sisters are giving me.

For such a generous supervisor.

For the book I am reading, which reminds me to be humble and gracious even in the face of insult. 

brandelynmarie

For a paid-for diner breakfast. :eat:

For my friend Deb who is cancer free! :yahoo:

For the phone she gave me when I broke mine & for all of her help with it. :mobile:

For kind & generous coworkers. :buddies:

For the rain :rain: :)

for my mother who over came cancer, for the home I have to live in, the food I have to eat, the clothes on my back, the bed an other comforts I have in life, for having had two of the best canine companions one could have ever wanted in life, for a paid off vehicle that is in working condition, for being brought back to adoration time an again, for my faith in Christ and the Church,  St Joan of Arc, St. Michael , an my Guardian Angel who hear my prayers, for finishing my Consecration to Mary, for not giving up on life, waking up in the morning, going back to college to finish a degree that I have no clue what to do with , but trusting that Christ will find use of it. For getting out of the Army and not being sent to the middle east.

My family, and my life are the most important things I have to be thankful, and it is very hard for me to remember these things at times and I forced myself to admit that I have a lot to be thankful even in all my warts and gripes.  An I still hold on to hope that God will guide me to service in a religious order, or at least place me some where that I can be of great service to others. An bring extraordinary peace into my life that will replace many many years of pain and hardship.

maximillion

For experiencing a little more peace today than I was, and thankful to all of those who have been praying for me.