An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Coming Out

Lilllabettt

this is definitely true, but plenty of research shows that homosexuals have a significantly much higher rate of attempts (and even successful ones) even within these age groups.

blazeingstar

this is definitely true, but plenty of research shows that homosexuals have a significantly much higher rate of attempts (and even successful ones) even within these age groups.

Granted, but the reason for suicide is always hard to determine.   Other factors are that while it is not kosher to discuss the hormonal imbalances that may come along with homosexuality in the pubescent years that may lead to clinical depression even in someone who is 100% supported.

Anastasia13

Perhaps you should have considered being a libertarian instead. You can have your Catholic view of homosexual sex and tell the government to get out of people's pantaloons.

Or PCA. You might like PCA. Some mainline Protestants take almost a Hasan approach.

Edited by Light and Truth

Anastasia13

Maybe the world really would be a better place if we were all just a little less horrible to each other.

http://youtu.be/AqJThFrFXh4

Granted, but the reason for suicide is always hard to determine.   Other factors are that while it is not kosher to discuss the hormonal imbalances that may come along with homosexuality in the pubescent years that may lead to clinical depression even in someone who is 100% supported.

actually, studies have demonstrated that lack of family acceptance increases the likelihood of suicide attempts by homosexuals astronomically.  so it is reasonable to assume this is a significant factor in the homosexual suicide problem.

http://familyproject.sfsu.edu/files/FAP_Family%20Acceptance_JCAPN.pdf

PhuturePriest

If the environment causes such levels of stress that youre worried about your job security and incredibly high levels of prejudice and discrimination, then leave.

This is a lot more complicated than you're making it. Don't assume it's as easy as simply leaving.

Maybe the world really would be a better place if we were all just a little less horrible to each other.

http://youtu.be/AqJThFrFXh4

Beautiful. I wanna sip the  kool-aid she is sipping!

This is a lot more complicated than you're making it. Don't assume it's as easy as simply leaving.

You are very right, excuse my comment.

My heart goes out to Lilllabettt and anyone who is the subject to prejudice and ridicule. People are horrible and mean.

I am not minimizing or trivializing her suffering in this case, but I do admit to getting my panties in a twist over the obvious comparison to the plight of homosexuals. If it was not her intention to compare the two, maybe she can explain her choice for the title. Maybe we are all wrong who knows.

Edited by CrossCuT

Anastasia13

My heart goes out to Lilllabettt and anyone who is the subject to prejudice and ridicule. People are horrible and mean.

I am not minimizing or trivializing her suffering in this case, but I do admit to getting my panties in a twist over the obvious comparison to the plight of homosexuals. If it was not her intention to compare the two, maybe she can explain her choice for the title. Maybe we are all wrong who knows.

Maybe she thought it would be funny and didn't realize how much it would bother people, especially ones that took it more seriously.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151916679880723&set=a.10151916679630723.1073741998.7891870722&type=1&theater

Students from the Gaming, Austria, campus of Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio, cheer as Pope Francis arrives to lead his general audience in St. Peter's Square at the Vatican March 5. (CNS photo/Paul Haring) (March 5, 2014) See POPE-AUDIENCE March 5, 2014.

© 2014 Catholic News Service

HisChildForever

Both can get you killed in Saudi Arabia.

A lot of things can get you killed in Saudi Arabia, sadly.

Both can get you killed in Saudi Arabia.

When Hassan mentioned he had a gay friend from Riyadh, I did a little search on homosexuality in Saudi Arabia and found some surprising information including this article http://www.cifiaonline.com/riyadhagayheaven.htm

I don't know if the article is 100% legit so don't lambaste me for my lack of scholarly-ness (It's from The Atlantic so it says) but I found it surprising that homosexuality (according to the article) is quite common in the kingdom, and also that homosexuality is not seen as an element of a person but just as an act.

Lilllabettt

2nd micro-aggression of the day:

deliver powerpoint presentation. close power-point presentation. computer projects desktop wallpaper (a photo of Pope Francis) on the big screen.

My Boss: That's a really weird picture.

Everyone in room: Giggle.

Me: Turns off computer without shutting it down first.

Who cares though right? I'll Live!

How is it disrespectful to say "you'll live"? I mean, you will live right? It's a sh***y thing to have to deal with. Sometimes the amount of internal suffering we're going through is disproportionate to the objective severity of the external environment. I know that all to well.but if you really think these things are taking a severe toll on you perhaps there's something you can change about your situation?

I guess I mean to ask you what type of responses were you really looking for, or hoping for, in this thread? Consolation? Belittlement? Just a place to vent and be understood?