An Old School Catholic Message Board

Time For The Summer Reading Thing, 2014!

AnneLine

Ancilla Domini

try climbing a tree while reading a book! Just got in from doing that! (except it was a kindle not a book... I know I am killing the book species but I can fit my library on it!)

How about swinging monkey-bars while reading a book? :P I climbed the monkey bars, stood on top, did a flip, and then hung upside down by my legs, all while reading a book. :P

Call me crazy, I likes ma' lit'rature.

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Spem in alium

try climbing a tree while reading a book! Just got in from doing that! (except it was a kindle not a book... I know I am killing the book species but I can fit my library on it!)

How about swinging monkey-bars while reading a book? :P I climbed the monkey bars, stood on top, did a flip, and then hung upside down by my legs, all while reading a book. :P

Call me crazy, I likes ma' lit'rature.

Dem skillz....  :clapping:

Cooking while reading a book is the best. Makes for an "interesting"dinner and a fair bit of, "Spem! Put that book down! Why are you ALWAYS reading?" ....  :paperbag:

Spem in alium

Additionally...

As a child/adolescent, I spent so much time reading in the car (as in, I'd take a book on every car ride, even a five-minute drive to Mass), that I have no sense of direction and even now I'm only just learning to recognise the streets in my local area.

I used to be able to time when to get off my bus by when I finished praying Morning Prayer and Evening Prayer.   

Well... it's that time... STATS!!!!

As a way of starting this, I want to point out that, in addition to the crazy mega-readers, 

THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY READ OVER 1,000 PAGES!

Country Steve 21, Deus te Amat, Little Way Soul, Maximillion, 
Not the Philosopher, Spem in Alium and Tigger 60!

TOGETHER 21 READERS HAVE READ.... 165 books, 49,339 PAGES!!!

I think we can easily read

200 books (and articles!) and

60,000 pages by November 22!    

LET'S DO IT!!!!

_45995964_466reading.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CURRENT STATS FOR

PHATMASS 2014

SUMMER-AUTUMN READING Thing

As of 4:00 PM PST on Nov. 2, 2014

Ancilla Domani “Cilla”

Books Read 24

Pages Read 8006

Books in Progress 5

Books completed:

The Price to Pay .................................................................... 224

The Complete Plays of Gilbert & Sullivan ............................... 804

The Ear of the Heart ...............................................................539

The Ultimate Sherlock Holmes Collection ............................1,675

A Wodehouse Miscellany ........................................................184

The Coming of Bill .................................................................. 180

The Little Nugget .................................................................... 218

The Intrusion of Jimmy ........................................................... 211

Calvin & Hobbes:

... Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat ............................................. 176

... Something Under the Bed is Drooling ................................ 128

... The Prehistory of the Far Side ........................................... 288

... the Revenge of the Baby-Sat ............................................. 128

... It's a Magical World ............................................................ 167

... There's Treasure Everywhere ............................................ 175

... Yukon Ho ............................................................................ 128

Why Didn't they ask Evans? ................................................... 256

The Mysterious Mr. Quinn ...................................................... 320

The Secret Adversary ............................................................. 192

Murder on the Orient Express ................................................. 336

CHALLENGE:  Pere Goriot ..................................................... 292

...Pere Goriot (2x) .................................................................... 292

Youth .......................................................................................   29

CHALLENGE:  Hard Times ...................................................... 276

...Hard Times (2x) ..................................................................... 276

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE:  L'Histoire d'une Âme (in french) 

Tale of Two Cities (304 pages)

Eats, Shoots and Leaves (240 pages)

Victories of the Martyrs (458 pages)

Western Philosophy: An Anthology, by John Cottingham (_____ pages)

Anne Line “AL”

Books Read 16

Pages Read 5,926

Books in Progress 7

Books Completed:

The Arm of the Starfish ............................................................ 272

Star Trek Classic Episodes, Vol. 1 ..........................................  656

Poor, Banished Children of Eve ............................................... 299

The Siege ................................................................................. 512

A Psychological Thriller that Shall Remain Unnamed .............. 416

CHALLENGE:  Story of a Soul, Study Edition .......................... 496

...Story of a Soul (2x) ................................................................ 496

Banner in the Sky ..................................................................... 285

Life in the Coal House, the Griffiths Family ...............................   96

Coal House (2nd reading) .........................................................   96

Coal House (3rd reading) ..........................................................   96

Line of Fire ................................................................................  557

Welcome to the Secular Order .................................................. 116

Lectio Divina and the Practice of Teresian Prayer ....................   29

Five for Sorrow, Ten for Joy ...................................................... 368

John Glenn, A Memoir ............................................................... 688

Autobiography of St. Ignatius ..................................................... 128

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE:  The Collected Letters of

….. St Teresa of Jesus, Vol 1 (702 pages)

….. St Teresa of Jesus, Vol 2 (661 pages)

Autobiography of a Hunted Priest (395 pages)

The Book Thief (576 pages)

LOTH Credit (MP, Ep & OR)

Space (Michener) (808 pages)

Dracula (___________ pages)

Books in Progress 4

Ardillacid

Books Read 1

Pages Read 278

Books in Progress 0

Books Completed:Books Completed:

Open Season ........................................................................... 278

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE:  The Fire Within (358 pages)

Cantantibus

Books Read 1

Pages Read 644

Books in Progress 0

Diary of St. Faustina ................................................................. 644

Books in Progress:

Cartermia “Carter”

Books Read 38

Pages Read 13,868

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

Mary, Blood Mary ...................................................................... 227

Beware, Princess Elizabeth ....................................................... 214

Doomed Queen Anne ............................................................... 240

Patience, Princess Catherine ................................................... 208

Duchessina: A Novel of Catherine de Medici ............................ 272

The Bad Queen ........................................................................ 420

The Wild Queen ........................................................................ 420

What’s Left of Me ...................................................................... 352

Once We Were ......................................................................... 352

The Lost Year of Merlin ............................................................ 336

The 7 Longs of Merlin ............................................................... 336

The Fires of Merlin .................................................................... 320

The Mirror of Merlin ................................................................... 256

The Wings of Merlin .................................................................. 368

A Dark Inheritance .................................................................... 281

Even in Darkness ..................................................................... 210

The Shadow Throne ................................................................. 317

Second Charm .......................................................................... 342

Lirael ......................................................................................... 720

Sabriel ....................................................................................... 496

The Singer of All Songs ............................................................ 320

In Mozart's Shadow .................................................................. 368

Leonardo's Shadow .................................................................. 390

The Lost Songs ........................................................................ 251

13 Reasons Why ...................................................................... 288

In the Stone Circle .................................................................... 225

Spring Pearl (The Last Flower) ................................................. 205

Frost Wolf .................................................................................. 238

CHALLENGE BOOK: Oedipus Rex ..........................................   64

... Oedipus Rex (2x) ..................................................................   64

Full Metal Alchemist, Book 1 ..................................................... 192

November Blues ........................................................................ 400

The Outcast ............................................................................... 434

In This House of Brede .............................................................. 672

Black Narcissus ......................................................................... 224

Why Pro-life .............................................................................. 172

Courageous .............................................................................. 176

Students-for-Life Guidebook ..................................................... 200 

13 Reasons Why (re-read for school) ....................................... 288

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE BOOK:  Roe vs. Wade (66 pages)

Chrysostom

Books Read 0

Pages Read 0

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

none

Books in Progress:

The Black Arrow (240 pages)

Corban711

Books Read 3

Pages Read 368

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

Devotion to our Lady .................................................................... 168

In the School of the Holy Spirit (Manelli) ......................................   90

The Practice of the Presence of God ........................................... 110

Books in Progress:

Kisses from Katie (304 pages)

Country Steve 21

Books Read 4

Pages Read 1,458

Books in Progress 2

Books Completed:

Holy Gospel According to Matthew ........................................... 31

Navarre Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew .................... 217

CHALLENGE BOOK:  Life and Revelations

…..of St. Gertrude ................................................................... 545

... Life & Revelations of St. Gertrude (2x) ............................... 545

Book of Revelation ..................................................................____

Books in Progress:

The Inside Story on Vatican II (488 pages)

Dante's Inferno (490 pages)

Credo In Deum

Books Read 2

Pages Read 402

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

7 Secrets of Confession ........................................................ 208

12 Steps to Holiness and Salvation ...................................... 194

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE BOOK:  The End of the Present World (310 pages)

Deus te Amat “DtA”

Books Read 8

Pages Read 1,968

Books in Progress “not saying1”

Books Completed:

Anne of Green Gables ........................................................... 336

The Hawk and the Dove Trilogy (3 books) ............................. 560

Anne of Avonlea ..................................................................... 302

Anne of the Island .................................................................. 244

Anne of Windy Poplars ........................................................... 288

Anne’s House of Dreams ........................................................ 238

Books in Progress:

“not saying!”

Future Priest

Books Read 0

Pages Read 0

Books in Progress 2

Books Completed:

n/a

Books in Progress:

The Hobbit (300 pages)

CHALLENGE BOOK:  The City of God (1194 Pages)

Light & Truth

Books Read 1

Pages Read 65

Books in Progress 0

Books Completed:

Book on Sri Lanka ..................................................................... 31

Little Way Soul

Books Read 8

Pages Read 2,111

Books in Progress 3

Books Completed:

The Fault in Our Stars  ......................................................... 318

An Abundance of Katherines ............................................... 196

The Giver ............................................................................. 224

This Star Won't Go Out ........................................................ 284

Ecclesiastes RSV ce2 ..........................................................     9

The Man Who Was Thursday ............................................... 136

Remnants - Season of Wonder ............................................. 416

Books in Progress:

The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius

Job RSV ce2

The Picture of Dorian Gray

Maximillion

Books Read 9

Pages Read 2,002

Books in Progress 5

Books Completed:

A Country Child ................................................................... 216

Monastery Without Walls ..................................................... 196

Out of Her Mind .................................................................... 224

Poverty, Chastity & Obedience .............................................194

The Very Hungry Caterpillar .................................................. 28

On-Line book of Popsicle Recipies .......................................  48

Uglies ................................................................................... 368

Pretties ................................................................................. 340

Specials ............................................................................... 388

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE BOOK:  one of last year’s

…..philosophy books, TBA….

Consoling the Heart of Jesus (488 pages)

Companion to Consoling the

…..Heart of Jesus (128 pages)

Murder Simply Brewed (368 pages)

LOTH Credit (550 pages for MP, EP and OR)

Not a Mallard

Books Read 0

Pages Read 0

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

(none)

Books in Progress:

Fellowship of the Ring (_____ pages)

Not The Philosopher

Books Read 8

Pages Read 2,209

Books in Progress 2

Books Completed:

The Movie Goer ....................................................................... 241

Planet of Adventure Series:  City of the Casch ....................... 152

Interpretation of the Bible in the Church .................................. 144

Peace ...................................................................................... 263

The Tombs of Atuan ................................................................ 212

The Hobbit ............................................................................... 351

The Farthest Shore ................................................................. 296

Books in Progress:

Jesus and the Eye Witnesses

CHALLENGE BOOK:  Middlemarch

Poorly Catechized Convert

Books Read 13

Pages Read 5,253

Books in Progress 5

Books Completed:

Star Wars:

... Rogue Planet ....................................................................... 336

... Outbound Flight ................................................................... 464

... Approaching Storm .............................................................. 384

... Attack of the Clones ............................................................. 304

... Republic Commando:  Hard Contact ................................... 448

... Republic Commando:  Triple Zero ....................................... 448

... Republic Commando:  True Colors ...................................... 496

... Medstar:  Battle Surgeons .................................................... 309

... Medstar:  Jedi Healer ........................................................... 302

... Shatterpoint:  The Cestus Deception .................................... 448

... Labrynth of Evil ..................................................................... 370

... Revenge of the Sith .............................................................. 480

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE BOOK:  Summa Theologica

Summa of the Summa 

LOTR - The Two Towers

Consuming the Word

Catechism of the Catholic Church

Spem In Alium “Spem”

Books Read 25

Pages Read 3,729

Books in Progress 2

Books Completed:

Remember Me .......................................................................... 224

Joseph Most Just ...................................................................... 141

Joseph and Jesus ..................................................................... 179

Mary and Joseph: Their Lives and their Times ......................... 404

The Hawk and the Dove ........................................................... 166

The Sixteenth of June ............................................................... 256

My Life with the Saints .............................................................. 414

A Constellation of Vital Phenomena ......................................... 400

"St Joseph, St Peter, Jean Gerson and the Guelphs" ..............   25

"St Joseph's Foot Deformity..." .................................................   20

"Challenging the Past: Sinan and ..." ........................................     9

A Wizard of Earthsea ................................................................ 320

Anima Christi ............................................................................. 137

Jesus: a pilgrimage ................................................................... 544

"Burdens of Matrimony: Husbanding and Gender..." ................     9

Women, Family and Society in Medieval Europe:

... "Did Women Have a Renaissance?" .....................................   24

..."The Natural History of Medieval Women" .............................   12

... "Family" .................................................................................   22

... "The Making of the Medieval Family: Symmetry,..." ..............   19

..."The Religious Revival of the Twelfth and ..." .........................   14

... "Jesus as Mother and Abbot as Mother: ..." ..........................   56

... "Joseph and the Amazing Christ-Child"..................................   24

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society ................. 290

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE BOOK: The Fatherhood

….. of St. Joseph (_____ pages)

Theresa Thoma “TT”

Books Read 0

Pages Read 0

Books in Progress 2

Books Completed:

None

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE:  St. Thomas Aquinas’ Commentary

….. on the Gospel of St. John (1044 pages)

Wherever He Goes (_____ pages)

Tigger 60

Books Read 4

Pages Read 1,052

Books in Progress 0

Completed Books:

A Good Man ................................................................................ 273

Everybody’s Got Something ........................................................ 263

Banner in the Sky ........................................................................ 285

Anam Cara .................................................................................. 231

Books in Progress:

none

TOTALS:

NUMBER OF READERS ………………   21

DOCUMENTED BOOKS READ …….    165

BOOKS IN PROGRESS ……………….    80

PAGES READ:   …………………….. 49,339

CURRENT LEADERS:

DOCUMENTED BOOKS READ:

1st Place ...................... Carter Mia ...................................... 38

2nd  Place .................... Spem In Alium ............................... 25

3rd  Place .................... Ancilla Domani ................................ 24

Honorable Mention ...... Anne Line ........................................16

DOCUMENTED PAGES READ:

1st Place ...................... Carter Mia ................................ 13,868

2nd Place .....................  Ancilla Domani ........................   8,008

3rd Place ...................... Anne Line ................................   5,926

Honorable Mention ...... Poorly Catechized Convert .......  5,253

E-Books-vs-Printed-Books.jpg

Edited by AnneLine

Ancilla Domini

Well... it's that time... STATS!!!!

As a way of starting this, I want to point out that, in addition to the crazy mega-readers, 

THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY READ OVER 1,000 PAGES!

Country Steve 21, Deus te Amat, Little Way Soul, Maximillion, 
Not the Philosopher, Spem in Alium and Tigger 60!

TOGETHER 21 READERS HAVE READ.... 165 books, 49,339 PAGES!!!

I think we can easily read

200 books (and articles!) and

60,000 pages by November 22!    

LET'S DO IT!!!!

_45995964_466reading.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CURRENT STATS FOR

PHATMASS 2014

SUMMER-AUTUMN READING Thing

As of 4:00 PM PST on Nov. 2, 2014

Ancilla Domani “Cilla”

Books Read 24

Pages Read 8006

Books in Progress 5

Books completed:

The Price to Pay .................................................................... 224

The Complete Plays of Gilbert & Sullivan ............................... 804

The Ear of the Heart ...............................................................539

The Ultimate Sherlock Holmes Collection ............................1,675

A Wodehouse Miscellany ........................................................184

The Coming of Bill .................................................................. 180

The Little Nugget .................................................................... 218

The Intrusion of Jimmy ........................................................... 211

Calvin & Hobbes:

... Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat ............................................. 176

... Something Under the Bed is Drooling ................................ 128

... The Prehistory of the Far Side ........................................... 288

... the Revenge of the Baby-Sat ............................................. 128

... It's a Magical World ............................................................ 167

... There's Treasure Everywhere ............................................ 175

... Yukon Ho ............................................................................ 128

Why Didn't they ask Evans? ................................................... 256

The Mysterious Mr. Quinn ...................................................... 320

The Secret Adversary ............................................................. 192

Murder on the Orient Express ................................................. 336

CHALLENGE:  Pere Goriot ..................................................... 292

...Pere Goriot (2x) .................................................................... 292

Youth .......................................................................................   29

CHALLENGE:  Hard Times ...................................................... 276

...Hard Times (2x) ..................................................................... 276

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE:  L'Histoire d'une Âme (in french) 

Tale of Two Cities (304 pages)

Eats, Shoots and Leaves (240 pages)

Victories of the Martyrs (458 pages)

Western Philosophy: An Anthology, by John Cottingham (_____ pages)

Anne Line “AL”

Books Read 16

Pages Read 5,926

Books in Progress 7

Books Completed:

The Arm of the Starfish ............................................................ 272

Star Trek Classic Episodes, Vol. 1 ..........................................  656

Poor, Banished Children of Eve ............................................... 299

The Siege ................................................................................. 512

A Psychological Thriller that Shall Remain Unnamed .............. 416

CHALLENGE:  Story of a Soul, Study Edition .......................... 496

...Story of a Soul (2x) ................................................................ 496

Banner in the Sky ..................................................................... 285

Life in the Coal House, the Griffiths Family ...............................   96

Coal House (2nd reading) .........................................................   96

Coal House (3rd reading) ..........................................................   96

Line of Fire ................................................................................  557

Welcome to the Secular Order .................................................. 116

Lectio Divina and the Practice of Teresian Prayer ....................   29

Five for Sorrow, Ten for Joy ...................................................... 368

John Glenn, A Memoir ............................................................... 688

Autobiography of St. Ignatius ..................................................... 128

Books in Progress:

….. St Teresa of Jesus, Vol 1 (702 pages)

….. St Teresa of Jesus, Vol 2 (661 pages)

Autobiography of a Hunted Priest (395 pages)

The Book Thief (576 pages)

LOTH Credit (MP, Ep & OR)

Space (Michener) (808 pages)

Dracula (___________ pages)

Books in Progress 4

Ardillacid

Books Read 1

Pages Read 278

Books in Progress 0

Open Season ........................................................................... 278

Books in Progress:

Cantantibus

Books Read 1

Pages Read 644

Books in Progress 0

Diary of St. Faustina ................................................................. 644

Books in Progress:

Cartermia “Carter”

Books Read 38

Pages Read 13,868

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

Mary, Blood Mary ...................................................................... 227

Beware, Princess Elizabeth ....................................................... 214

Doomed Queen Anne ............................................................... 240

Patience, Princess Catherine ................................................... 208

Duchessina: A Novel of Catherine de Medici ............................ 272

The Bad Queen ........................................................................ 420

The Wild Queen ........................................................................ 420

What’s Left of Me ...................................................................... 352

Once We Were ......................................................................... 352

The Lost Year of Merlin ............................................................ 336

The 7 Longs of Merlin ............................................................... 336

The Fires of Merlin .................................................................... 320

The Mirror of Merlin ................................................................... 256

The Wings of Merlin .................................................................. 368

A Dark Inheritance .................................................................... 281

Even in Darkness ..................................................................... 210

The Shadow Throne ................................................................. 317

Second Charm .......................................................................... 342

Lirael ......................................................................................... 720

Sabriel ....................................................................................... 496

The Singer of All Songs ............................................................ 320

In Mozart's Shadow .................................................................. 368

Leonardo's Shadow .................................................................. 390

The Lost Songs ........................................................................ 251

13 Reasons Why ...................................................................... 288

In the Stone Circle .................................................................... 225

Spring Pearl (The Last Flower) ................................................. 205

Frost Wolf .................................................................................. 238

CHALLENGE BOOK: Oedipus Rex ..........................................   64

... Oedipus Rex (2x) ..................................................................   64

Full Metal Alchemist, Book 1 ..................................................... 192

November Blues ........................................................................ 400

The Outcast ............................................................................... 434

In This House of Brede .............................................................. 672

Black Narcissus ......................................................................... 224

Why Pro-life .............................................................................. 172

Courageous .............................................................................. 176

Students-for-Life Guidebook ..................................................... 200 

13 Reasons Why (re-read for school) ....................................... 288

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE BOOK:  Roe vs. Wade (66 pages)

Chrysostom

Books Read 0

Pages Read 0

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

none

Books in Progress:

The Black Arrow (240 pages)

Corban711

Books Read 3

Pages Read 368

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

Devotion to our Lady .................................................................... 168

In the School of the Holy Spirit (Manelli) ......................................   90

The Practice of the Presence of God ........................................... 110

Books in Progress:

Kisses from Katie (304 pages)

Country Steve 21

Books Read 4

Pages Read 1,458

Books in Progress 2

Books Completed:

Holy Gospel According to Matthew ........................................... 31

Navarre Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew .................... 217

CHALLENGE BOOK:  Life and Revelations

…..of St. Gertrude ................................................................... 545

... Life & Revelations of St. Gertrude (2x) ............................... 545

Book of Revelation ..................................................................____

Books in Progress:

The Inside Story on Vatican II (488 pages)

Dante's Inferno (490 pages)

Credo In Deum

Books Read 2

Pages Read 402

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

7 Secrets of Confession ........................................................ 208

12 Steps to Holiness and Salvation ...................................... 194

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE BOOK:  The End of the Present World (310 pages)

Deus te Amat “DtA”

Books Read 8

Pages Read 1,968

Books in Progress “not saying1”

Books Completed:

Anne of Green Gables ........................................................... 336

The Hawk and the Dove Trilogy (3 books) ............................. 560

Anne of Avonlea ..................................................................... 302

Anne of the Island .................................................................. 244

Anne of Windy Poplars ........................................................... 288

Anne’s House of Dreams ........................................................ 238

Books in Progress:

“not saying!”

Future Priest

Books Read 0

Pages Read 0

Books in Progress 2

Books Completed:

n/a

Books in Progress:

The Hobbit (300 pages)

CHALLENGE BOOK:  The City of God (1194 Pages)

Light & Truth

Books Read 1

Pages Read 65

Books in Progress 0

Books Completed:

Book on Sri Lanka ..................................................................... 31

Little Way Soul

Books Read 8

Pages Read 2,111

Books in Progress 3

Books Completed:

The Fault in Our Stars  ......................................................... 318

An Abundance of Katherines ............................................... 196

The Giver ............................................................................. 224

This Star Won't Go Out ........................................................ 284

Ecclesiastes RSV ce2 ..........................................................     9

The Man Who Was Thursday ............................................... 136

Remnants - Season of Wonder ............................................. 416

Books in Progress:

The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius

Job RSV ce2

The Picture of Dorian Gray

Maximillion

Books Read 9

Pages Read 2,002

Books in Progress 5

Books Completed:

A Country Child ................................................................... 216

Monastery Without Walls ..................................................... 196

Out of Her Mind .................................................................... 224

Poverty, Chastity & Obedience .............................................194

The Very Hungry Caterpillar .................................................. 28

On-Line book of Popsicle Recipies .......................................  48

Uglies ................................................................................... 368

Pretties ................................................................................. 340

Specials ............................................................................... 388

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE BOOK:  one of last year’s

…..philosophy books, TBA….

Consoling the Heart of Jesus (488 pages)

Companion to Consoling the

…..Heart of Jesus (128 pages)

Murder Simply Brewed (368 pages)

LOTH Credit (550 pages for MP, EP and OR)

Not a Mallard

Books Read 0

Pages Read 0

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

(none)

Books in Progress:

Fellowship of the Ring (_____ pages)

Not The Philosopher

Books Read 8

Pages Read 2,209

Books in Progress 2

Books Completed:

The Movie Goer ....................................................................... 241

Planet of Adventure Series:  City of the Casch ....................... 152

Interpretation of the Bible in the Church .................................. 144

Peace ...................................................................................... 263

The Tombs of Atuan ................................................................ 212

The Hobbit ............................................................................... 351

The Farthest Shore ................................................................. 296

Books in Progress:

Jesus and the Eye Witnesses

CHALLENGE BOOK:  Middlemarch

Poorly Catechized Convert

Books Read 13

Pages Read 5,253

Books in Progress 5

Books Completed:

Star Wars:

... Rogue Planet ....................................................................... 336

... Outbound Flight ................................................................... 464

... Approaching Storm .............................................................. 384

... Attack of the Clones ............................................................. 304

... Republic Commando:  Hard Contact ................................... 448

... Republic Commando:  Triple Zero ....................................... 448

... Republic Commando:  True Colors ...................................... 496

... Medstar:  Battle Surgeons .................................................... 309

... Medstar:  Jedi Healer ........................................................... 302

... Shatterpoint:  The Cestus Deception .................................... 448

... Labrynth of Evil ..................................................................... 370

... Revenge of the Sith .............................................................. 480

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE BOOK:  Summa Theologica

Summa of the Summa 

LOTR - The Two Towers

Consuming the Word

Catechism of the Catholic Church

Spem In Alium “Spem”

Books Read 25

Pages Read 3,729

Books in Progress 2

Books Completed:

Remember Me .......................................................................... 224

Joseph Most Just ...................................................................... 141

Joseph and Jesus ..................................................................... 179

Mary and Joseph: Their Lives and their Times ......................... 404

The Hawk and the Dove ........................................................... 166

The Sixteenth of June ............................................................... 256

My Life with the Saints .............................................................. 414

A Constellation of Vital Phenomena ......................................... 400

"St Joseph, St Peter, Jean Gerson and the Guelphs" ..............   25

"St Joseph's Foot Deformity..." .................................................   20

"Challenging the Past: Sinan and ..." ........................................     9

A Wizard of Earthsea ................................................................ 320

Anima Christi ............................................................................. 137

Jesus: a pilgrimage ................................................................... 544

"Burdens of Matrimony: Husbanding and Gender..." ................     9

Women, Family and Society in Medieval Europe:

... "Did Women Have a Renaissance?" .....................................   24

..."The Natural History of Medieval Women" .............................   12

... "Family" .................................................................................   22

... "The Making of the Medieval Family: Symmetry,..." ..............   19

..."The Religious Revival of the Twelfth and ..." .........................   14

... "Jesus as Mother and Abbot as Mother: ..." ..........................   56

... "Joseph and the Amazing Christ-Child"..................................   24

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society ................. 290

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE BOOK: The Fatherhood

….. of St. Joseph (_____ pages)

Theresa Thoma “TT”

Books Read 0

Pages Read 0

Books in Progress 2

Books Completed:

None

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE:  St. Thomas Aquinas’ Commentary

….. on the Gospel of St. John (1044 pages)

Wherever He Goes (_____ pages)

Tigger 60

Books Read 4

Pages Read 1,052

Books in Progress 0

Completed Books:

A Good Man ................................................................................ 273

Everybody’s Got Something ........................................................ 263

Banner in the Sky ........................................................................ 285

Anam Cara .................................................................................. 231

Books in Progress:

none

TOTALS:

NUMBER OF READERS ………………   21

DOCUMENTED BOOKS READ …….    165

BOOKS IN PROGRESS ……………….    80

PAGES READ:   …………………….. 49,339

CURRENT LEADERS:

DOCUMENTED BOOKS READ:

1st Place ...................... Carter Mia ...................................... 38

2nd  Place .................... Spem In Alium ............................... 25

3rd  Place .................... Ancilla Domani ................................ 24

Honorable Mention ...... Anne Line ........................................16

DOCUMENTED PAGES READ:

1st Place ...................... Carter Mia ................................ 13,868

2nd Place .....................  Ancilla Domani ........................   8,008

3rd Place ...................... Anne Line ................................   5,926

Honorable Mention ...... Poorly Catechized Convert .......  5,253

E-Books-vs-Printed-Books.jpg

One thing: You forgot to put in that I had read The Scarlet Letter - that puts SIA and me in the same place, in documented books read. :)

Are those on the in progress list, or the completed book list, FP?  (Glad to see you around!)

Also, please list the books on the Harry Potter series - ideally with page numbers per book - I am a happy Llama and don't like to look up stuff if you have it handy.

They'll go on the next update, so you have a little time to dig up the info.  :)

Thanks!

Edited by AnneLine

Spem in alium

Thanks for all you do, AL. I love this thread. :)

One thing: You forgot to put in that I had read The Scarlet Letter - that puts SIA and me in the same place, in documented books read. :)

Ohhh. It's on, 'Cilla. :P

Spem in alium

Some healthy competition! I love to see that. Who will be the winner? :winner:

I'm surprised you even need to ask, Carter...! :P

:rolleyes:   I am actually happy to see Poorly Catechized Catholic and some dumb Llama up in the standings.... and all those 1000+ page readers.   And if FP is saying what I think he is saying.... he's either started -- or read -- a WHOLE LOT of Harry Potter....   And I'm staying busy, too.  heheheehe