An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lil Wayne Identifies As Roman Catholic

And received Last Rites when he almost died. Interesting I'm sure some of you could help him out a little bit on what it is to really be Catholic. With that said I found this interesting and prayers for Lil Wayne.

PhuturePriest

I'll tell him a bit more about what it means to be Catholic if he consents to learning what actual music is.

I like Lil Wayne alot. He came from extreme poverty and used his talents God gave him. Excited to learn He's Catholic. It would be cool if some of the rapping Priest or other Catholic rappers could have a conversation with him sometime. I will be praying for this.

Edited by Guest

PhuturePriest

And are you saying hip hop isn't actually music ?

I'm saying rap isn't music. It's people speaking (Or cursing, more often than not these days) with notes in the background. I would say it's more poetry with rhythm than music.

I'm saying rap isn't music. It's people speaking (Or cursing, more often than not these days) with notes in the background. I would say it's more poetry with rhythm than music.

I disagree but respect your opinion. Alot of great hip hop has melody to it. As far as the language and subject matter you have to dig a little deeper then MTV or radio to find worthwhile content. Edited by Guest

chrysostom

I see the heresy of Americanism is still at large.

CountrySteve21

Much prayers for him, sadly most of his music is nothing more than worldly filth.

Pax 

I disagree but respect your opinion. Alot of great hip hop has melody to it. As far as the language and subject matter you have to dig a little deeper then MTV or radio to find worthwhile content.

I used to feel the same way long ago, until I discovered underground hip hop :) I <3 Lupe Fiasco.

PhuturePriest

Just....stop FP. Stop while youre only a little behind.

I don't think rap is music. This is because it's not, at least not in the traditional sense. I have no qualms if I'm the only person who is right on this matter. ;)