An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lil Wayne Identifies As Roman Catholic

Finding this out made me instantly think of the thread going on in the debate thread about calling oneself Catholic. Someone like Lil Wayne it would be really easy to write him off. Really hope he comes to a deeper understanding of his Catholic Faith. It would be cool to see. Mabey even get him on a future Massmatics Album ! lol

Edited by Guest

Finding this out made me instantly think of the thread going on in the debate thread about calling oneself Catholic. Someone like Lil Wayne it would be really easy to write him off. Really hope he comes to a deeper understanding of his Catholic Faith. It would be cool to see. Mabey even get him on a future Massmatics Album ! lol

You know what's funny? Have you ever heard of the Whosoevers? They're part of Calvary Chapel and we've had some...interesting debates with them on these forums xD Anyhow, he's attended those Whosoever events on occasion. 

So...he at least has an interest, even if it's not in Catholicism (yet) it's still an interest in God.

You never know.

Joe Biden is Catholic... enough said there. :pinch:

I'll take Lil Wayne over Biden 365 366 in a leap year. Yes Waynes lyrical content doesn't represent Christ but it could in the future. Also Mark Wahlberg gets alot of support for being Catholic and all his movies are R. Lil Wayne seems to embrace the Catholic Faith now he needs to let the Holy Spirit allow the relationship to go deeper. And as I know it's really easy to let the ego and the flesh prevent this from happening.

You know what's funny? Have you ever heard of the Whosoevers? They're part of Calvary Chapel and we've had some...interesting debates with them on these forums xD Anyhow, he's attended those Whosoever events on occasion.

So...he at least has an interest, even if it's not in Catholicism (yet) it's still an interest in God.

You never know.

Wow that's pretty cool. I really have a big place in my heart for guys like Lil Wayne. I'm pulling for him and he has my prayers.

I don't think rap is music. This is because it's not, at least not in the traditional sense. I have no qualms if I'm the only person who is right on this matter. ;)

Im not a rap fan either but I dont go around saying ignorant things regarding art and music. You are free to espress your opinions but dont trash a whole genre just because you dont understand it.

Im not a rap fan either but I dont go around saying ignorant things regarding art and music. You are free to espress your opinions but dont trash a whole genre just because you dont understand it.

He just needs to listen to rap that isn't corporate or loaded down with autotune, incomplete similies, and mr. steal your girl sex sex sex lyrics.

xD

Listen to Missy Elliot, Left Eye's solo stuff, or heck, even Tupac. But of course, I'm going to mention Tupac, because he's the freaking David Bowie of Hip Hop, so. 

fides' Jack

FP is right.  Rap isn't music.

You might consider it an artistic expression, but it's not music.

FP is right. Rap isn't music.

You might consider it an artistic expression, but it's not music.

says who you and Future Priest ?

Tupac's song Changes made the Vatican play list. You tell me that Tupacs art wasn't music you're out of your mind.

Edited by Guest

PhuturePriest

He just needs to listen to rap that isn't corporate or loaded down with autotune, incomplete similies, and mr. steal your girl sex sex sex lyrics.

xD

Listen to Missy Elliot, Left Eye's solo stuff, or heck, even Tupac. But of course, I'm going to mention Tupac, because he's the freaking David Bowie of Hip Hop, so. 

I've listened to all sorts of rap, ranging anywhere from Christian rap (KJ-52) and things like Epic Rap Battles of History. It isn't music. It is rhythmic poetry with music in the background.