Guest Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 You know what's funny? Have you ever heard of the Whosoevers? They're part of Calvary Chapel and we've had some...interesting debates with them on these forums xD Anyhow, he's attended those Whosoever events on occasion. So...he at least has an interest, even if it's not in Catholicism (yet) it's still an interest in God. You never know. Wow that's pretty cool. I really have a big place in my heart for guys like Lil Wayne. I'm pulling for him and he has my prayers.
CrossCuT Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 I don't think rap is music. This is because it's not, at least not in the traditional sense. I have no qualms if I'm the only person who is right on this matter. ;) Im not a rap fan either but I dont go around saying ignorant things regarding art and music. You are free to espress your opinions but dont trash a whole genre just because you dont understand it.
Selah Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 Im not a rap fan either but I dont go around saying ignorant things regarding art and music. You are free to espress your opinions but dont trash a whole genre just because you dont understand it. He just needs to listen to rap that isn't corporate or loaded down with autotune, incomplete similies, and mr. steal your girl sex sex sex lyrics. xD Listen to Missy Elliot, Left Eye's solo stuff, or heck, even Tupac. But of course, I'm going to mention Tupac, because he's the freaking David Bowie of Hip Hop, so.
fides' Jack Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 FP is right. Rap isn't music. You might consider it an artistic expression, but it's not music.
Guest Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 FP is right. Rap isn't music. You might consider it an artistic expression, but it's not music. says who you and Future Priest ?
Guest Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 (edited) Tupac's song Changes made the Vatican play list. You tell me that Tupacs art wasn't music you're out of your mind. Edited July 8, 2014 by Guest
PhuturePriest Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 He just needs to listen to rap that isn't corporate or loaded down with autotune, incomplete similies, and mr. steal your girl sex sex sex lyrics. xD Listen to Missy Elliot, Left Eye's solo stuff, or heck, even Tupac. But of course, I'm going to mention Tupac, because he's the freaking David Bowie of Hip Hop, so. I've listened to all sorts of rap, ranging anywhere from Christian rap (KJ-52) and things like Epic Rap Battles of History. It isn't music. It is rhythmic poetry with music in the background.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 What an idiosyncratic definition of music you must have...
chrysostom Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 (edited) I've listened to all sorts of rap, ranging anywhere from Christian rap (KJ-52) and things like Epic Rap Battles of History. It isn't music. It is rhythmic poetry with music in the background. So tell me, how distinctly do sets of fundamental frequencies with their associated overtones have to stand out before they reach that magical point of music/not music? BTW major props to Lil Wayne for making a music video depicting a woman choosing not to abort her baby. God bless him for that. Edited July 8, 2014 by chrysostom
CrossCuT Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 Tablet typing at the airport, sorry if you thought I was talking about coffee.
Guest Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 So tell me, how distinctly do sets of fundamental frequencies with their associated overtones have to stand out before they reach that magical point of music/not music? BTW major props to Lil Wayne for making a music video depicting a woman choosing not to abort her baby. God bless him for that. which song ?
CrossCuT Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 He has racist parents give him a break... Haha ok fair point. and he is young. He just needs some more time.
Guest Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 He has racist parents give him a break... with that said I think my parents were racist to an extent when I was young...people grow and change though...Prayers for everyone's parents...
Guest Posted July 8, 2014 Posted July 8, 2014 Haha ok fair point. and he is young. He just needs some more time. he's really good looking though and has great hair I envy him (nohomo)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now