An Old School Catholic Message Board

"something You Didn't Know About Me" Thread

LittleWaySoul

Spem in alium

:console: is it a permanent thing? I'd get seasick!

:)
I'm not too sure yet. It only recently started. I can go a while without any symptoms, but then it comes back for a few days. The most annoying thing about it is waking up with vertigo - it's quite disconcerting (but I didn't have it this morning, yay!). And very much like being seasick! The nausea and the spinning is somewhat sea-like :) I'm finding it not too hard to manage as I know what is most likely to set it off (rolling over in bed, looking up/down at certain angles, etc.). 

CountrySteve21

I'm still trying to learn how to pray the Divine Office....Heaven help me! :topsy:

Which Office are you learning? I've been praying it for 2 or so years now forgive me for asking, I'm kind of a Divine Office geek. :P

brandelynmarie

Let's start another thread! I'll think of a catchy title...& post it in Transmundane Lane later today. :)

brandelynmarie

I frequent an old oriental grocery store where the only items I trust are packaged in plastic bottles & sealed plastic containers. :)

what did it taste like? 

Like rather tough game-y beef........

We had a 'soup kitchen' at the convent and had regulars, often the travellers (Romany). One time they invited four Sisters to their annual Festival and I got chosen to go. They had about 6 hedgehogs they roasted in the fire in clay. They clay sticks to the prickles and they all come away from the meat in one go. It was quite an education - if I ever need to eat hedgehog!

Sounds French

You guessed! It started when I was in the convent, and now I can hardly imagine eating them any other way.

Catherine Therese

I ate Sunday breakfast at home this morning, as opposed to my usual Sunday cafe indulgence, and still felt the need to take a photograph of my food before I consumed it.

I fell out of a helicopter over a forest fire once. Good thing I had my harness on. I still have the carabiner that saved me. An idiot caused it, and when we got on the ground, I punched her in the nose.