An Old School Catholic Message Board

"something You Didn't Know About Me" Thread

LittleWaySoul

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

alleluia catherine.

Something yaw donna know bout mwah iz... I have read the gideon pocket bible with the new testament and psalms and proverbs once, and i have read the pocket edition of the good news bible once, the whole bible is contained in this version, and i started reading the duay rheims but had it conned out of me by a wise guy bretheren who god will judge, and i have read about twice the new jerusalem bible and am currently reading it again but thinking about getting another duay rheims version and reading it cover to cover. I also have never read the holy bible from cover to cover but would really like too. Also i was in a dry period for reading holy scripture for about 2 years untill the last 5 or so months and am now easing by way back into it with the grace of god by reading a chapter a day. alleluia. oh it wasn't antarctica dry because i was perscribed by someone when it started to happen to just read 6 psalms a day 1st thing in the morning before i went anywhere, it was the same 6 psalms i read over and over again for about 2 years, i think they where psalm 4,23,30,90,121 and 130. or it may have been psalms 4, 21, 30, 90 123 and 130, after a year or so of that i added psalm 148, than 1 or 2 other psalms for a couple of months at the end than suddenly i was released from the dry spell, i was also praying on the odd occasion to be able to read the bible more again eventually.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Catherine Therese

Glad you're returning to a deeper love of Scripture, Tab'le! 

I had the privilege to meet the current master of the Dominican Order back in 2012, and he told me that during his novitiate, he used to sit and meditate on Scripture for a minimum of 3 hours per day. It is where he encountered Christ, and how he got to know Him. 

Keep seeking Him there!

And I will, too :)

Catherine Therese

I just ate 2 slices of pizza, a single serve of vanilla flavoured yoghurt and a small bowl of mac and cheese. Thankfully, I'm wearing elasticised pants. 

Spem in alium

I had goat curry today. After a traumatic experience with goat a few years ago, I feel like this is a triumph. Plus, it was really good.

Spem in alium

I just ate 2 slices of pizza, a single serve of vanilla flavoured yoghurt and a small bowl of mac and cheese. Thankfully, I'm wearing elasticised pantaloons. 

Ohhhh...say no more...I'm a yoghurt fiend!

tumblr_m4rnf08cIG1r60h1k.gif

brandelynmarie

Me too! We have a brand called Noosa that's called Australian-style. It's heavenly. Liberté is also very very good. I just bought a container of Honey Salted Caramel Yoghurt...can't wait to mix it in with muesli!

Honey Salted Caramel Yoghurt...can't wait to mix it in with muesli!

What the blazes??!! Where do you get this stuff? It sounds delicious.

brandelynmarie

What the blazes??!! Where do you get this stuff? It sounds delicious.

I wish I could send a pic of the container, but the brand name is Specially Selected & I got it from an Aldi's grocery store.

Greek Yog.urt Honey Salted Caramel. :) I'll let y'all know if it lives up to its name, lol.

Spem in alium

Me too! We have a brand called Noosa that's called Australian-style. It's heavenly. Liberté is also very very good. I just bought a container of Honey Salted Caramel Yoghurt...can't wait to mix it in with muesli!

Noosa's a nice place, apparently. :)

And ohhhhh....Honey Salted Caramel....

Alice-in-Wonderland-Swoon.gif

I wish I could send a pic of the container, but the brand name is Specially Selected & I got it from an Aldi's grocery store.

Greek Yog.urt Honey Salted Caramel. :) I'll let y'all know if it lives up to its name, lol.

Well, we don't have Aldi's here, so I'll just have to do with dreaming about it!

brandelynmarie

You guys could make your own! Vanilla greek yo.gurt with a wee bit of caramel sauce made from honey...sprinkling of sea salt ;)