An Old School Catholic Message Board

"something You Didn't Know About Me" Thread

LittleWaySoul

Spem in alium

I want to use bad words. LOTS of them. Right now. Ever feel like that?

Yep...  :console:

I dislike hot weather.

AccountDeleted

I want to use bad words. LOTS of them. Right now. Ever feel like that?

I have used them accidentally in front of the Prioress when I dropped something. Then I covered my mouth with my hand and apologized profusely - and she just laughed!  :)

I have used them accidentally in front of the Prioress when I dropped something. Then I covered my mouth with my hand and apologized profusely - and she just laughed!   :)

This reminds me of In This House of Brede when Sister Phillippa is getting over her habits of cigarettes and alcohol, and one of her superiors tells Mother Abbess that she wishes she could just give her a hot brandy.

Catherine Therese

I have used them accidentally in front of the Prioress when I dropped something. Then I covered my mouth with my hand and apologized profusely - and she just laughed!   :)

On entrance day, someone I entered with dropped an F-bomb. No joke. 

brandelynmarie

Noosa's a nice place, apparently. :)

And ohhhhh....Honey Salted Caramel....

Alice-in-Wonderland-Swoon.gif

Well, we don't have Aldi's here, so I'll just have to do with dreaming about it!

It was amazing :love:

Just sayin' ;)

I visited my very feisty 85-year-old neighbour (she's also a fellow parishioner) today. I intended to only stay for a short time but we ended up chatting for about an hour. Good times. :)

This reminds me of In This House of Brede when Sister Phillippa is getting over her habits of cigarettes and alcohol, and one of her superiors tells Mother Abbess that she wishes she could just give her a hot brandy.

I LOVE THAT BOOK! However, I've had an incredibly hard time trying to finish it. My local library has a copy, and I started reading but had to return it before I got the chance to finish. I tried loaning it again, but it strangely disappeared in storage and the library ended up calling another copy in free of charge from a city several hours away...also with a short loan. I eventually ordered it online, but after a month I got sent an email along with a full refund because they couldn't get me a copy. Maybe I'm just destined never to finish it.  :unsure:

Edited by Spem in alium

brandelynmarie

I LOVE THAT BOOK! However, I've had an incredibly hard time trying to finish it. My local library has a copy, and I started reading but had to return it before I got the chance to finish. I tried loaning it again, but it strangely disappeared in storage and the library ended up calling another copy in free of charge from a city several hours away...also with a short loan. I eventually ordered it online, but after a month I got sent an email along with a full refund because they couldn't get me a copy. Maybe I'm just destined never to finish it. :unsure:

You'll finish it in the convent. :hehe: :nunpray: :bible: :love: Edited by brandelynmarie

Catherine Therese

Haven't read it. But I enjoyed the film. 

(Which I've no doubt someone is about to tell me is nowhere near as good as the book!)