An Old School Catholic Message Board

"something You Didn't Know About Me" Thread

LittleWaySoul

Once Upon a Time/Frozen 2 left me cold.

I liked it...  :cry4:

SYDKAM: I am a sucker for characters with tragic backstories / stories.

• 2 weeks later...
Not A Mallard

I reply with this every time somebody sends me bad news that I don't know how to respond to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyxmD_UAK4

In fact, I showed a couple of my friends A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back for the first time ever, and one of them couldn't take this scene seriously because I had sent this video to her before.

Not A Mallard

I was an adult volunteer at a youth retreat this weekend.  Highlights:

-I've been struggling with scrupulosity and worrying about lukewarmness and not loving God enough, so I heard some great advice (the first from my friend, the second from my mind):

"Lukewarm simply don't care, but you care too much."

"In order to love God, we must first know that he loves us."

-One of the mornings, I was part of a team that was cleaning the bathrooms, including the women's rooms.  I stepped out of one of them right as a priest was walking by.  I wish I could have recorded his face.

jackie-chan-images_14807.jpg

-All the volunteers cleaned up the building in general well after the youth left.  It was very humbling.

Spem in alium

My friend and I went to a diocesan young adults cocktail party on Saturday, and there were a couple of performances from some of our musicians. My friend was filming one of the performers, and during one song he came up to us and started serenading her and dancing with her! So much fun! :) 

Not A Mallard

My friend and I went to a diocesan young adults cocktail party on Saturday, and there were a couple of performances from some of our musicians. My friend was filming one of the performers, and during one song he came up to us and started serenading her and dancing with her! So much fun! :)

We both went to diocesan events in the same weekend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjBRNqwDPrU

Edited by Not A Mallard