An Old School Catholic Message Board

"something You Didn't Know About Me" Thread

LittleWaySoul

Spem in alium

I just drink lots of tea.

Got a favourite brew?

While I support tea drinking in all its glory, I sense a distinct absence of plan-hatching here. 

That can be changed.

Edited by Spem in alium

Spem in alium

The combination of Twinings and Irish is hilarious.

http://bewleys.com/

For example:

Bewleys-Irish-Afternoon-Tea-250g-80TB.pn

:|

Hmm. Irish afternoon sounds lovely. I'll have to keep an eye out.

I'm partial to Earl Grey and jasmine tea. I recently discovered I'm also a major fan of "Cinnamint" tea. Cinnamon and peppermint. It's really, honestly brilliant.

Not A Mallard

I finished reading The Fellowship of the Ring after slogging through it just like the characters do for a couple years, including a several month break.

The Bewley's tea shop on Grafton Street is LITERALLY a half a block from St. Teresa's Clarendon Street (Discalced Carmelite Friars) in Dublin!  

clarendon_map.jpg

St Teresa's Church is situated on Clarendon Street/Johnson's Court (off Grafton Street). 
Buses to College Green, Suffolk Street, Nassau Street, George's Street and St Stephen's Green leave one within five minutes of the church. Car parking is available at the Brown Thomas car park on Clarendon Street.

And THAT is a beautiful Church!

http://clarendonstreet.com/index.php

At this moment, the live web cam looks dead, but it is simply dark inside the closed Church.  Look carefully, and you can see the Sanctuary Lamp!    They have 5 masses each day, and they are live-web cammed!     And they have confessions EVERY day!  & lots of other wonderful things -- check out their web page and then go around the corner and have some tea!!!!!

Edited by AnneLine