An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Board: The Purged

dUSt

Ok Winchester ... there were times more recently that some posts caused me heartburn.  Why?  Because they were over the top.

I have one in particular, an image I *still* have in my head.  That's not cool.  Not on a Catholic site.

That's what I mean ... if you truly discerned putting that on here, I would hope you wouldn't have.  Because you really don't know what an occasion of sin you can be putting people in.

I honestly have thought that it was an error in judgement, and have been giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Holding someone responsible for invincible ignorance is not Catholic.

I did not think that Lil Red should have been purged either and I said so at the time. I suspect that the people who named me were her groupies, after me for daring to criticize her, but I do not hold that against Red at all. She is a decent person.

I have groupies? ;) LOL.

It's your forum. You can do what you want.

Exactly. Dust once posted that if people don't like his antics, they can start their own board.
The ban Purge may have been a mistake, but you got to give him, yourself, and others a little credit in voting, not voting, discussing, and opinionating on how to improve and maintain the fresh flavor.

Roamin Catholic

Exactly. Dust once posted that if people don't like his antics, they can start their own board.
The ban Purge may have been a mistake, but you got to give him, yourself, and others a little credit in voting, not voting, discussing, and opinionating on how to improve and maintain the fresh flavor.

I have the link to the board that was started if anyone wants it. No one ever post there though, so it would be the perfect place for quiet reflection. Edited by Roamin_Catholic

I pay enough attention to pick up that you say you are married and have kids and are a grown up person, over the age of thirty. I get you choose to add human interface via WWW, because of limited analog opportunity. But it's only via pixels. Most others have no need or desire to consider pixel interface as hugely important. We all have our own special lives that color our perspectives. But empathy is a two way street. Just as you can point out I may not really know your situation, you also don't really know mine or other posters. Don't assume others are going to "get" your situation and act how you prefer, don't assume it's being hateful. I wasn't just harshing on you. I'm incredibly analog nice with a substantial amount of blunt. It's a superpower that's often misinterpreted. Bread without crust is just dough.

The posts and pms validating my feelings and expressing concern have been very helpful.  Telling me that I should not feel this way is not helpful.  From what I have read, this is pretty normal when people are hurting so this may be something you can apply in future situations.

In general, I like your posts.  You may have noticed that I added you as a friend some time ago.  I am sure that you are trying to be helpful.  I am just letting you know that you are not succeeding.

I'm on vacation and I have no idea what's going on. Nor, honestly, do I care. That's the beauty of being on vacation. :)

Roamin Catholic

I'm on vacation and I have no idea what's going on. Nor, honestly, do I care. That's the beauty of being on vacation. :)

Sounds like you normally

In general, I like your posts. You may have noticed that I added you as a friend some time ago. I am sure that you are trying to be helpful. I am just letting you know that you are not succeeding.

We all have opinions. I long since abandoned expectations of being universally understood and properly appreciated, nor obtain consistent success. I flit, I fly, I sometimes try.

KnightofChrist

I have the link to the board that was started if anyone wants it. No one ever post there though, so it would be the perfect place for quiet reflection.

The tumble weeds and the crickets are quite good company.