Ash Wednesday Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 Someday... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westvleteren_Brewery With ice cream. Yes.
dUSt Posted August 5, 2014 Author Posted August 5, 2014 As a woman, I prefer Ozzie beers but light ones. I like Pure Blonde or Light Ice. Noooooo!!!! Don't support the big corporate beer companies. They are evil!!! There are local brewers in your area that sell light beer.
dUSt Posted August 5, 2014 Author Posted August 5, 2014 Someday... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westvleteren_Brewery With ice cream. Yes. If you can get there before me, I will be your lifetime indentured servant if you send me a bottle.
Nunsense Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 Noooooo!!!! Don't support the big corporate beer companies. They are evil!!! There are local brewers in your area that sell light beer. :) Well, don't worry about it - since I am in a convent right now, the only beer I'm likely to get is something that has been donated, and not too many people think about giving beer to a Carmelite convent! :p Pity that. We could have it on a Solemnity if they did.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 :) Well, don't worry about it - since I am in a convent right now, the only beer I'm likely to get is something that has been donated, and not too many people think about giving beer to a Carmelite convent! :P Pity that. We could have it on a Solemnity if they did. I feel like this is something that should be done on the regular.
OnlySunshine Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 Less talk. More butterfingers! I don't like Butterfingers. Can I have a Snickers instead?
Ash Wednesday Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 (edited) If you can get there before me, I will be your lifetime indentured servant if you send me a bottle. Well, don't worry about that, I'm sure that running a board makes you feel like one already. :cyclops: But seriously I would be more than happy to. Edited August 5, 2014 by Ash Wednesday
Credo in Deum Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 I don't like Butterfingers. Can I have a Snickers instead? Only if it's this one:
chrysostom Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 :) Well, don't worry about it - since I am in a convent right now, the only beer I'm likely to get is something that has been donated, and not too many people think about giving beer to a Carmelite convent! :P Pity that. We could have it on a Solemnity if they did. Would say as a rule that Carmelite convents would be happy to accept beer? Serious question.
Lilllabettt Posted August 6, 2014 Posted August 6, 2014 not too many people think about giving beer to a Carmelite convent! :P Pity that. We could have it on a Solemnity if they did. people of phatmass, take this as a hint. keep the chocolate. donate the beer.
Anastasia13 Posted August 6, 2014 Posted August 6, 2014 You can take the member out of Phatmass, but you can't take the Phatmass out of the member. Word.
OnlySunshine Posted August 6, 2014 Posted August 6, 2014 (edited) Only if it's this one: Oooo, yum! I love peanut butter! :) Eh, scratch that! Too much hydrogenated oil. :x I'll take one of these instead: Edited August 6, 2014 by MaterMisericordiae
OnlySunshine Posted August 6, 2014 Posted August 6, 2014 YUM! I love gluten-free Oreos dipped in peanut butter (I got that idea from "Parent Trap" with Lindsay Lohan). My favorite peanut butter (all natural but the oils don't separate): Too bad I don't have any Glutino oreos. I could really go for some right now.
Nunsense Posted August 6, 2014 Posted August 6, 2014 (edited) Would say as a rule that Carmelite convents would be happy to accept beer? Serious question. Serious answer. Carmelite convents will accept anything. Some things they don't keep - they re-donate to someone else if they have too much of something. One place used to give their extra stuff to a mission run by some brothers in a town near them. As for alcohol, if this has been donated then it is usually permissible to drink it on a Solemnity -- at Christmas time, there are a lot of days where we have wine available as there are so many days of the holiday - usually about a week off. The only convent where this was really restricted was at one Carmel that follows a pre-Vatican 2 sort of Constitution and there we were each given a thimble size glass of wine (smaller than a shot glass even - barely a mouthful). I would swish the wine around and around in my mouth until I had every last drop of taste I could squeeze out of it, then swallow. That was real penance! But none of the Carmels I have been in have bought alcohol - it has to be donated. So the variety and the quality varies a lot and none of them have ever been offered beer - usually wine or some kind of alcoholic cider. One year at one convent, we made our own apple wine out of our many apples from the orchard - and it was rough but oh so good to taste and plenty of alcohol in it. And as Lilllabettt said, we get offered a lot of chocolates, but not so much alcohol. :( So fat nuns, but maybe not so merry ? :) Edited August 6, 2014 by nunsense
Clare Brigid Posted August 6, 2014 Posted August 6, 2014 I spread almond butter on big chunks of 73% cacao dark chocolate. Oh yes. And good for you, too! :saint2:
superblue Posted August 6, 2014 Posted August 6, 2014 In true transparency, here are the results of The Purge:The question on the form was: Is there a member that is harmful to the well being of phatmass? Who? And the results were: dUSt (6) Lil Red (6) Winchester (6) Perigrina (4) franciscanheart (4) mortify II (4) Ice Princess (3) FuturePriest (3) Blazingstar (2) Semper Catholic (2) Oremus1 (2) Hasan (2) roamin catholic (2) abrideofchrist (2) the171 (2) Samuel Clemens Edward Longshanks Dick Cheney futuresister2009 reyb teresitacarmel Ralph Macchio Benedictus dairygirl4u2c nunsense hierphant Gnostic Christian Bishop das8949 I am offended no one voted for me, wtf is up with that ?
Nunsense Posted August 6, 2014 Posted August 6, 2014 I had a chocolate cupcake the other day with peanut butter icing and on top was a miniature Butterfinger piece. It was donated (naturally). When I bit into it and discovered the peanut butter on top of the chocolate cake - oh heaven on earth! :)
CrossCuT Posted August 6, 2014 Posted August 6, 2014 My sisters friend from canada gave her this wierd peanut butter. It has banana, oat meal, and other ish in it. It tastes like peanut butter crispies.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now